Obama does Biden

Discussion in 'The Real World' started by jimpeel, Jul 24, 2009.

1. jimpeel

jimpeel Well-Known Member

In the truest Bidenesque parlance possible, Obama steps on his own dick. He shoulda waited for the TotUS to tell him what to say.

He wasn't there. He didn't know the facts. He makes a stupid comment that demeans White cops and he can't figure out what the controversy is all about.

Maybe the controversy is that you are a racist bastard who immediately took the side of "one of us" without delving into the facts first.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/23/obama-surprised-controversy-remark-arrest-black-scholar/?

2. jimpeel

Remember when the cops shot a Black guy in -- I believe-- Baltimore and the Black "leaders" took out after the cops for racial profiling?

The cops started simply not arresting or even stopping any Blacks and the murder rate went nuts, crime skyrocketed, and the Black "leaders" started imploring the cops to go back to the old way.

The cops would walk up to a traffic stop, say "Oh, you're Black, you can go." They started not going into the Black side of town because they weren't welcome.

That all changed pretty quickly.

Maybe these cops should do the same thing.

3. spike

spike New Member

Hell yeah, those cops were dumb. The guy had already proved it was house.

The cops stepped on their own dick.

4. jimpeel

SOURCE

5. jimpeel

You need to read the police report. The corroborative statement by the second police officer substantiates Crowley's account.

The fact that he was shouting "This is what happens to Black men in America!" to people who were assembling appears that he was trying to incite them against the officers.

6. spike

spike New Member

Link?

Yeah, might have just been idiocy.

7. jimpeel

I will have to get that.

By the way, it was Cincinnati.

All cops are idiots, then?

8. spike

spike New Member

Where'd that come from Jim?

9. jimpeel

If any of these are unavailable due to archiving, the text of most are available at other boards.

National Review article on police toning down arrests after riots.

http://www.nationalreview.com/dunphy/dunphy070301.shtml

USA Today article on "de-policing".

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/opinion/jleo.htm

"De-policing" occurs after riots and demonstrations against police behavior. Shell-shocked or resentful, police overlook a lot of suspicious behavior. They stop trying to prevent low-level crime and simply react to 911 calls. Crime soars.

This happened in some New York City neighborhoods after the 1999 Amadou Diallo shooting, and in Seattle after last year's World Trade Organization riots and this February's Mardi Gras riots. In fact, it happened during the Mardi Gras chaos. Many officers became bystanders as the rioting spread. A Seattle cop explained de-policing: "Parking under a shady tree to work on a crossword puzzle is a great alternative to being labeled a racist and being dragged through an inquest, a review board, an FBI and U.S. attorney
    investigation and a lawsuit."

Now de-policing has hit Cincinnati. Since the April riots, set off by the police's fatal shooting of an unarmed black man, arrests have dropped 50 percent compared with the same three months last year and shootings are way up -- 59 incidents and 77 gunshot victims, compared with nine incidents and 11 victims. Traffic stops are down 55 percent, presumably because almost any stop of a black driver by a white cop might be cited as racial profiling. Crime is up partly because criminals are less fearful of cops. They know all about de-policing.

The riots hit the city hard. Convention business is down. The white exodus from the city has spread to cops. Large numbers of officers have applied for jobs in the suburbs. But the city's biggest problem is that some powerful voices have defined the city as hopelessly racist. (Cincinnati is "the belly of the beast" of police violence against blacks, said Kweisi Mfume of the NAACP. It is "a model of racial injustice," said Time magazine.)

Newsmax article on police retreat.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2001/7/19/161142.shtml

10. spike

spike New Member

Seems your claim "The cops started simply not arresting or even stopping any Blacks" was greatly exaggerated. Even by the standards of the opinion pieces you posted as proof.

Here's an opinion piece for ya.

http://blog.populistamerica.com/2009/07/living-in-a-police-state/

11. Professur

Professur Well-Known Member

Just like how you can't even comment on how good a female co-worker looks today without wondering if it's going to land you in hot water, you don't dare approach a black person without being accused of racism.

How did we ever let the world get like this?

12. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

The police did not single out Gates because of his race, they responded to a call from a citizen. What happened later was a response to Gates' behavior.

How can a professor at a top university not know better than to act like an idiot to the police when they're trying to protect his house?

Once it was adequately established he lived there, he should have expressed gratitude to the nice police officers for their service and their protection of his premises. Instead, he followed the officer outside and continued his disruptive behavior in public.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

"No, I didn't say 'yo mamma' I said 'I want my mommy!'"

13. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

If Gates would've shut the door of his house after the cop walked out, he never would've gotten arrested.

Oh, yeah, and 0bama's a doofus for even addressing this. He said he doesn’t know all the facts but the cops acted stupidly. Of course, he was talking off-ToTUS when he answered the reporter's question.

14. spike

spike New Member

It's got a little weird when you're defending arresting people in their own home who haven't done anything wrong.

Probably kills you inside I would think.

He should have expressed gratitude?

15. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

He wasn't arrested in his home. He was outside his home.

And according to the document, he was arrested because he was becoming disorderly, in public view, alarming the citizens who were gathered on the sidewalk. When the cop attempted to put on the handcuffs, Gates initially resisted, and he was lucky he didn't get that charge as well.

Not too hard to figure out that the police were just doing their job. :shrug:

16. Cerise

Cerise Well-Known Member

The police were called by a neighbor who saw 2 men trying to force open the door of a house on the block.

When Gates was being hauled off the cop asked him if he wanted the door to his house locked. Gates replied that the door couldn't be locked because of a previous break in.

In light of that fact Gates should thank the person who was looking out for the neighborhood that called the police in the first place as well as the police for their timely response.

He should've said: "Good evening, Sgt. Crowley. This is my house, I live here, as my ID will prove. You see, my house was recently broken into and the door has not been repaired yet and requires a little force to get it open. Thank you sir for coming out." Instead he chose to be hostile and belligerent.

17. Professur

Am I the only one who finds it strange that this guys own neighbours didn't recognize him?

18. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Wasn't his neighbour that called it in..just some woman walking through.

19. Professur

:shrug: original post says neighbour.

20. MrBishop

MrBishop Well-Known Member

Outside his house...your front porch is outside your house..your lawns are outside your house etc etc... BUT, they are still on your PROPERTY.

The cops were responding to a call and doing their job. The moment they realized that there was no crime being committed, they should've been the one's with 'Yes, sir, no, sir, have a good night, sir'

... not, the rightful owner of the house.