Obama does Biden

Professur

Outside his house...your front porch is outside your house..your lawns are outside your house etc etc... BUT, they are still on your PROPERTY.

The cops were responding to a call and doing their job. The moment they realized that there was no crime being committed, they should've been the one's with 'Yes, sir, no, sir, have a good night, sir'

... not, the rightful owner of the house.

Sounds like they did, and he followed them outside ranting. Although, with the plethora of foreclosures and identity theft, just looking at a driver's license with that address on it really doesn't prove much anymore, does it?

Professur

But I'll wager you know everyone who's front door you can see from your porch.

Hey, did ya ever get that side porch dealt with?

catocom

I had a friend that was irate one day, and the cops arrested him in his yard.
Nothing racial about it. (he's white)
It used to be a crime just to disrespect a police officer, but that's been so relaxed...

RDX

Whether on not racism played a role in the arrest, who knows. I will maintain though…what’s so bad about racial profiling? :p

jimpeel

1. It was not, as the news reports have it, that it was one of his neighbors who called. It was a wonam walking by.

2. The news reports, as well as blogs, keep reporting this like everyone in the country should know what this man looks like and who he is. "... the celebrated public intellectual, PBS host and MacArthur Award winner ... ".

3. He acted to incite the people gathering in front of the residence by shouting to them. He apparently thought they would come to his defense?

4. He tried to throw his weight around when he told the cop "You don't know who you're messing with." So right there he acknowledges that the police officer has no knowledge of who he is.

5. The picture shows that he was cuffed in front which is a violation of policy unless the cuffs are attached to a waist belt. ALL suspects are to be cuffed with the hands behind them when arrested.

6. Obama didn't know anything about this case other than the fact that the guy was Black and from his alma mater.

7. The cops did their job and would have treated anyone who was being as big of an ass as this guy in the same manner. This guy is a professional victim who teaches professional victimhood at the university.

8. If "This is what happens to a Black man in America" then he had better thank his lucky stars that he is IN America. In other countries, he would have been thrown to the ground and summarily executed with a bullet to the brain. Many of those who live in this country have little appreciation for their good fortune. He is one of those people.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I feel dirty, but I have to agree with Jim and Cerise on this one.

After all the reports came out it sounds like the cops were doing there jobs, and this guy made it a black white thing.

Obama owes an apology.

spike

6. Obama didn't know anything about this case other than the fact that the guy was Black and from his alma mater.

Yeah, that's a lie.

7. The cops did their job and would have treated anyone who was being as big of an ass as this guy in the same manner.

No, the cops were being asses. He was doing nothing wrong.

This guy is a professional victim who teaches professional victimhood at the university.

You made that up.

Bottom line. Guy on his own property doing nothing illegal. Should never have been arrested.

8. If "This is what happens to a Black man in America" then he had better thank his lucky stars that he is IN America. In other countries, he would have been thrown to the ground and summarily executed with a bullet to the brain. Many of those who live in this country have little appreciation for their good fortune. He is one of those people.

That's just silly.

2minkey

bootlicker
obama should not have made the "acted stupidly" remark without knowing all the facts.

the "you don't know who you're dealing with" line = hotheaded asshole, so i'm more inclined to believe the cop at this point.

but let's see what the seven witnesses have to say, if we hear from them at all.

oh, no, wait, it must be the "professional victim" at fault, just like our resident omniscient says. yawn.

Cerise

Bottom line. Guy on his own property doing nothing illegal. Should never have been arrested.

Sorry you don't know or don't like the law, but according to MA.gov website the officer was just doing his job:

DISORDERLY CONDUCT

The defendant is charged with disorderly conduct. In order to prove
the defendant guilty of this offense, the Commonwealth must prove three
things beyond a reasonable doubt:

First: The Commonwealth must prove that the defendant involved
himself (herself) in at least one of the following actions: he (she) either
engaged in fighting or threatening, or engaged in violent or tumultuous
behavior or created a hazardous or physically offensive condition by an act
that served no legitimate purpose of the defendant’s;

Second: The Commonwealth must prove beyond a reasonable doubt
that the defendant’s actions were reasonably likely to affect the public; and

Third: The Commonwealth must prove beyond a reasonable doubt
that the defendant either intended to cause public inconvenience,
annoyance or alarm, or recklessly created a risk of public inconvenience,
annoyance or alarm.

Our disorderly conduct law seeks to
control intentional conduct which tends to disturb the public
tranquility, or to alarm or provoke others. It prohibits four
separate and distinct acts: It forbids conduct that involves the
use of force or violence. It also prohibits making threats that
involve the immediate use of force or violence. It forbids
tumultuous and highly agitated behavior, which may not involve
physical violence, but which causes riotous commotion and
excessively unreasonable noise, and so constitutes a public
nuisance. Finally, the law prohibits any conduct that creates a
hazard to public safety or a physically offensive condition by an
act that serves no legitimate purpose of the defendant’s.

For the defendant to be found guilty, his (her)
actions must have been reasonably likely to affect the public,
that is, persons in a place to which the public or a substantial
group has access.

A person acts recklessly when he
consciously ignores, or is indifferent to, the probable outcome of
his actions. The defendant was reckless if he (she) knew, or
must have known, that such actions would create a substantial
and unjustifiable risk of public inconvenience, annoyance or
alarm, but he (she) chose, nevertheless, to run the risk and go
ahead.

The officer decided that Gate's actions met all 3 of the conditions to arrest him for disorderly conduct.

The charges have since been dropped for Skippy.

Sgt. Crowley may file a defamation of character suit against him.

2minkey

bootlicker
"Because this has been ratcheting up -- and I obviously helped to contribute ratcheting it up -- I want to make clear that in my choice of words, I think, I unfortunately... gave an impression that I was maligning the Cambridge police department or Sergeant Crowley specifically," the president said. "And I could have calibrated those words differently. And I told this to Sergeant Crowley."

"I continue to believe, based on what I have heard, that there was an overreaction in pulling Professor Gates out of his home to the station," the president added. "I also continue to believe, based on what I heard, that Professor Gates probably overreacted as well. My sense is you've got two good people in a circumstance in which neither of them were able to resolve the incident in the way that it should have been resolved and the way they would have liked it to be resolved."

um, what???

Frodo

It's piss poor judgement for a President to call the police stupid (or their actions stupid) before you know what happened. Especially if you know your personal friend that you are trying to defend is racist, pompous ASS. A reasonable person would want to see the police report before they spouted off.

catocom

starting to look like a stage for misdirection
Obama is pissed because of the health care thing.
He's showing his true face.

Cerise

There's always the possibility that he told his "old friend" to engineer this to distract attention from Obamacare......

jimpeel

Yeah, that's a lie.

No, the cops were being asses. He was doing nothing wrong.

1. he (she) either engaged in fighting or threatening, or engaged in violent or tumultuous behavior or created a hazardous or physically offensive condition

This he did by shouting at the officer and following him outside while screaming at him about what an important person he is.

2. the defendant’s actions were reasonably likely to affect the public;

This he did by addressing his comments to the people assembled outside his house watching the melee.

3. the defendant either intended to cause public inconvenience,
annoyance or alarm, or recklessly created a risk of public inconvenience,
annoyance or alarm.

This he did by screaming to the assembled group about "This is what happens to a Black man in America." which can only be construed to incite the group against the police officers.

That's just silly.

Yeah, this guy thought the general was just being silly until he pulled the trigger.

viet.jpg