oh gods, the slippery slope.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBishop

Next comes Necrophiliacs anonymous, right?

It's a shame that dead people and animals can't consent. o,0

Inkara1

Did you hear about the woman that was going to marry the roller coaster? I dare say that's a marriage that's going to have some ups and downs.

MrBishop

Consent is the major theme here, Prof. Why are some marriages acceptable and others not? Consent...and to be more specific, consenting adults.

Regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation or even *gasp* number of people involved. Without consent, the 'marriage' is a joke and often criminal.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Damned right Prof. Let 'em at it. After all, thousands of year s of tradition mean nothing in the face of diversity. Do catch up.

spike

I don't have a problem with owning guns or teaching creation to consenting adults. WTF are you talking about?

spike

No you don't have to worry about that. I've already explained this to you repeatedly. Yet you continue with the drama.

With the public option in place you have the choice to keep your private insurance so the insurance companies can steal other people's money to pay for your medical bills.

You will have to pay taxes (or let them steal money if you're a drama queen) for roads, fire departments, police, etc.

Inkara1

I think the concern with the public option is that the government insurance would be priced lower enough than the private options that most people would switch over, enough that the private operations can't afford to keep going, thus forcing everyone to the public option. Once that happens, would the public option continue to be so cheap? Would premiums and co-pays rise and payouts to doctors and hospitals fall to Medicare/Medicaid levels?

spike

That's a reasonable question. I don't think there's much danger in private insurance disappearing. Other countries have public and private healthcare that coexist.

However considering that a far greater amount of money goes towards administration in private plans they would do well do decrease those costs.

ResearchMonkey

That's a reasonable question. I don't think there's much danger in private insurance disappearing. Other countries have public and private healthcare that coexist.

However considering that a far greater amount of money goes towards administration in private plans they would do well do decrease those costs.

So you don't think there much danger of private insurance disappearing.

Would you be willing to allow for a trigger in the bill that would guarantee it? Maybe something to the extent that if ANY of the promises (free-will, taxes, rationing, illegal aliens even if ordered by the SCOTUS, lack of Px etc. ) are broken that the public option is disbanded immediately and free market gets opened wide with less regulation?

ResearchMonkey

I wonder if I can get a divorce on grounds that my wife keeps saying she loves her new bread maker. Its has become to much for me to bare emotionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.