Oh those progressive Liberals!

freako104

Gato_Solo said:
Nowhere does it list adoption.

You then went on to say the following...

totally ignoring theparents believing that euthanasia was the best choice.
When I pointed out that adoption wasn't an option, you said the following...

I replied with the following...

Your reply was...

We go back and forth, finally coming to this point that I really wanted to make...

To which you replied...

, even though adoption was not on the table. Still isn't...and placed this position at the forefront of my rebuttal.

the reason I added it is because it is and should be an option. Yes the baby will die. So will I. SO will you. But he/she has the chance to live and make something of itself. YOU are the one saying it is not an option. So why not say why its not an option? Is it because it is the ONLY way you could get me into a corner? Oh and for putting into someones hands who wont love and care for it? I am against that. So adoption once again.

BlurOfSerenity

Gato_Solo said:
Okay...Scenario time...

You have an 18-month old son, who has become a burden to you, or your spouse. You both get together, and decide that euthanization is the best recourse. Here's your exception...run with it.

BTW...did I mention that the child is not sick?

"your choice is fish"
--henry rollins

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
freako104 said:
the reason I added it is because it is and should be an option. Yes the baby will die. So will I. SO will you. But he/she has the chance to live and make something of itself. YOU are the one saying it is not an option. So why not say why its not an option? Is it because it is the ONLY way you could get me into a corner? Oh and for putting into someones hands who wont love and care for it? I am against that. So adoption once again.

So...you, once again, refuse to answer the question on the basis of how it was written. Do you change the questions on your math exams in school as well? :rolleyes:

freako104

nope. Those are worded to make one think about the answer. your was to make me look bad. cause either way I am an asshole :rolleyes:

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
nope. Those are worded to make one think about the answer. your was to make me look bad. cause either way I am an asshole :rolleyes:

No. It wasn't worded that way to make you look bad. It was worded that way for exactly the same reason as your math test. To make you think. If Gonz would've answered, I could pick him apart for his answer just as easily as I'm picking you apart. It has nothing to do with making you look like an asshole, because this is one case where everything you do is wrong...but that's not the way you're going to be 'graded'. What's important here is not what you choose, but why you choose it. Now step up to the plate, and answer the question, as written.

Gato_Solo

freako104 said:
as was said. Live simply due to the fact the child can have a future

Okay...since that is your final answer...

So now you just put that child into the hands of the two people that wanted him/her dead in the first place. Nice choice. Instead of a relatively painless death, you have condemned this child to a life of hell with parents who do not love him/her.

;)

Now to answer your question.

1. Is there any chance at all for both to live? If yes, then niether should be sacrificed.
2. Is there a 100% chance that either one will die? If yes, then I would sacrifice the unborn child, simply because I can have another with my wife. :shrug: I doubt anybody else could come up with a better solution.

Winky

Yeah well like Gunny Tom Highway said:
"This doesn't mean we'll be swappin' spit in the shower"