One Nation Under God

FredFlash

Banned
I’m, of course, not one of those people. I’m going to show you many quotes by our founding fathers that support our Christian heritage and various other facts.

Before I get into things I would like to give you a little tour of our nation’s capitol…

Statuary Hall contains life size statues of famous citizens that have been given by individual states. Medical missionary Marcus Whitman stands big as life, holding a Bible. Another statue is of missionary Junipero Serra, who founded the missions of Los Angeles, San Francisco, Montery and San Diego. Illinois sent a statue of Francis Willard, an associate of the evangelist Dwight L. Moody.

The American people did not adopt the statues of famous citizens as a legal framework for the government of the United States. Instead, they ordained and established the U. S. Constitution for themselves and their posterity. They declared it the supreme law of the land. They made it a limited government. They defined its authority. They restrained it to the exercise of certain powers, and reserved all others to the states or to the people. They granted the U. S. Government no authority whatsoever over their religion.

As James Madison so famously said,

"There is not a shadow of right in the general government to intermeddle with religion. Its least interference with it would be a most flagrant usurpation."

--Source: James Madison, June 12, 1788 speaking to delegates of the Virginia Constitutional ratifying convention, against Patrick Henry's assertions, "The Debates of the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution 1787" Vol III, page 330, by John Elliot. 1888