Paedophiles...where do we put them?

MrBishop

Mare said:
WOW- Bishop - You've been coming up with some pretty good threads here! :winkkiss:

I try to beat down the fluff with heavy threads. It beats the monotony and gets people thinking about more than...hmmm...what song am I listening to again? No insult intended, but some threads that appear on here are just a waste of bits.

A.B.Normal

I would just like to start by saying I don't have kids,so take my opinion as such.It would make more sense to "know" a Paedophile is in your neighbourhood and have him "know you know" ,than to have communities keep chasing them out until they are forced underground and then you'll never know they are living in your neighbourhood.They are supposed to "register" ,but in reality if they are planning on reoffending they are going to ignore that anyway.

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
If statistically they are very likely to repeat their offense after being let out, then their sentence isn't long enough. Plain and simple. That should be a consideration in determining what the appropriate punishment for the crime is. Once they are out, they should be allowed to re-enter society. If it is proven that they are unable to re-enter society, then they shouldn't be allowed to at all... keep them in prison.

Don't let them out, and then put them under a nationwide house arrest. That's just strange - a kind of convict limbo. Make up your mind (either keep them in jail, or let them out) and stick to the decision.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I'm all for exile. Place the all on an island, at least 1000 miles from the nearest landfall. Someplace where they can live out the remainder of their lives, but not hurt anyone else. If that works well, then we can start sending the ACLU lawyers that defend them there, too. :grinyes:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
I'm all for exile. Place the all on an island, at least 1000 miles from the nearest landfall. Someplace where they can live out the remainder of their lives, but not hurt anyone else. If that works well, then we can start sending the ACLU lawyers that defend them there, too. :grinyes:

agreed

the studies show the chances to re-offend are EXREMELY high

and for the molesters too

seriously, rehabilitation rarely works, put them somewhere, let them be comfortable, and keep them away from children.

my honest opinion is if they molest, kill them, slowly

Professur

And what, pray tell, do you do when the male, and female child molesters get desperate and start fucking each other? Do those children get left unprotected?

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
we either take them from them, and adopt them out, or steralize the people going to the island.

my true thoughts are forget teh island, kill them all.

use them for medical experimintation

tonksy

although i am all for it, in cases unlike the one i previously mentioned, medical experimentation and sterilization would be considered cruel and unusual punishment....not gonna happen...in the states, at least.
unfortunately this is a bigger problem than any of us realize. most victims are too mortified to say anything....okay, deep breath....i was raped when i was 6 by my babysitters son. i hid it from myself, i was very confused about what happened. i didn't confront the issue until i was about 16. by that time we couldn't even remember the babysitters name, let alone know how to find her son. i wish i could have done something, but i was just a damn kid. fucking first grade. he was a young teenager. i bet he is either a hardened sexual predator, or he is filled with disgust for his actions. i hope it's the latter...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
I feel for you tonks, no child should have to go through it.

I went through it from age 4 till 11

My father was an evil man, I beleive molesters should be put in the ground, and that is where he is, maybe i didn't get to put him there myself, but when I was 11, when it all ended, I tried, put him in the hospital for a few months, best feeling ever.

Jon

Having suffered mild abuse from my stepdad when I was younger (nothing sexual, I might add), I'd expect people to understand when I say that I am intolerant of child abuse, and if it were up to me, I'd have no option but to castrate the man (assuming the paedophile in question is a man; not thought about what the equivalent punishment for a woman would be... cut off her clit maybe?)

MrBishop

Looks like we've fallen back into the whole "Death Penatly" ideal. They'll never be normal again, they'll re-offend...so why not kill them instead of putting them in jail and rehab first?

So...who gets to go to the chair then?

Pedophiles
Rapists
Murderers

Probably no rebuttals with those three

Drunk drivers? (They re-offend often and will eventually kill/injure themselves and others)
Wife Abusers? (Certainly reoffend...often to the point of killing their wives)

Who else? I remember reading a short story...can't remember the name now, but the premise was that for certain crimes, people were put down and their whole bodies 'recovered' to help the general populace.... blood to the bloodbank, organs to donation clinics, skin to burn victims, eyes to the blind, bone marrow to ...well, you get the idea.

It was pointing out the ideal that there is no clear line in the sand when it comes to capital punishment, despite the good cause associated with it.

Aunty Em

MrBishop said:
I remember reading a short story...can't remember the name now, but the premise was that for certain crimes, people were put down and their whole bodies 'recovered' to help the general populace.... blood to the bloodbank, organs to donation clinics, skin to burn victims, eyes to the blind, bone marrow to ...well, you get the idea.

It was pointing out the ideal that there is no clear line in the sand when it comes to capital punishment, despite the good cause associated with it.

The trouble with that idea is that most forms of execution would render the organs unuseable...

ris

bleach said:
There has been a nonce "rehabilited" in a village close to where I live.

The yobs keep throwing bricks through his windows and, as far as I have heard, a couple of attempts have been made to burn his house down. So he won't be in that village very long, if he survives long enough to be rehoused somewhere.

Can't say it'll upset be if he gets barbecued.

i think that's the hardest part - he won't be in the village long but then where does he go and who will know where? but then i can't think of any community that would happily, knowingly, want to keep a potential danger to their children so close at hand.

freako104

Gato_Solo said:

does it have to be ACLU lawyers? cant it just be any lawyer whod defend them?

Oz

ris said:
i think that's the hardest part - he won't be in the village long but then where does he go and who will know where? but then i can't think of any community that would happily, knowingly, want to keep a potential danger to their children so close at hand.

Indeed. Human nature drives us to protect children so he will be driven out.

I'm not 100% sure how the law works but I'm pretty sure that peadophiles have to have their location/place of abode registered with the authorities.......so if the sick bastard does pack a bag and run in the middle of the night it'll be up to the authorites to track him down (presumably a vagrant nonce with will be on a priority list with the police etc).