Party of Corruption...

jimpeel

Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Connecticut, District of C., Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming, and the US Military all allow sexual contact of some type at age SIXTEEN.

South Carolina allows sexual contact with females at FOURTEEN years old.

You really have your work cut out for you. Good luck on that "campaign".

spike

Yes, yes, and hell yes.

Good to know.

I didn't write the fuckin' law so get off of me about it. If you don't like the fact that a full grown adult man can have sex with a sixteen-year-old in DC then you need to contact the lawmakers in DC and stop giving me shit about it. It is the law and there is nothing I can do about it.

I don't remember complaining about the law or cringing.

jimpeel

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2008/cyb20080324.asp#2

Here We Go Again: Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick (?)

The week after it took the NBC Nightly News until the fourth day of coverage to inform viewers that disgraced then-New York Governor Eliot Spitzer is a Democrat, Friday's NBC Nightly News ran a full story on the scandalous behavior surrounding Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, but never identified his political party. Naturally, given the lack of a party identification by the mainstream media journalists, he's a Democrat. Anchor Brian Williams set up the story: "The city of Detroit is in a crisis over government and leadership. The current Mayor is just the latest Detroit Mayor elected on a promise to clean up and revitalize the city. Now he's been caught in a sex scandal, a trail of electronic messages reportedly provides the evidence, it threatens his career and then some."

Reporter Kevin Tibbles, also sans any mention of a party affiliation, outlined: "The Detroit city council votes overwhelmingly to ask the Mayor to resign. 37-year-old Kwame Kilpatrick, in his second term of the Mayor of the Motor City, is mired in financial, political, and personal scandal, but refuses to budge."

The Friday, March 14 NewsBusters posting, "Hell Freezes Over? NBC Nightly News Finally Calls Spitzer 'Democratic Governor,'" recounted:

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, substitute NBC Nightly News anchor Ann Curry and reporter Mike Taibbi failed to identify disgraced outgoing New York Governor Eliot Spitzer as a Democrat, but on Thursday night Curry finally informed NBC viewers of the party affiliation -- a fact network journalists always consider relevant when a Republican gets caught in scandalous behavior. Curry set up a story on incoming Governor David Paterson by uttering the word she's avoided all week: "Now to the fast moving developments in the wake of the revelations that New York's Democratic Governor Eliot Spitzer was a client of a prostitution service. NBC's Mike Taibbi now with the man who's to take over for Spitzer on Monday."

But, reverting to her default conduct, in an item about the passing of very liberal ex-Senator Howard Metzenbaum, Curry never mentioned his ideology or party as she hailed his life as "the classic American success story" of a man who "always fought for the little guy, taking on the oil and insurance industries" while he "stuck to his populist principles."

For the March 14 CyberAlert item in full: www.mrc.org

The Friday, March 21 NBC Nightly News story:

BRIAN WILLIAMS: The city of Detroit is in a crisis over government and leadership. The current Mayor is just the latest Detroit Mayor elected on a promise to clean up and revitalize the city. Now he's been caught in a sex scandal, a trail of electronic messages reportedly provides the evidence, it threatens his career and then some. Here is NBC's Kevin Tibbles.

KEVIN TIBBLES: In a city long beset with problems-

VOICE: Seven yeas one nay.

TIBBLES: The Detroit city council votes overwhelmingly to ask the Mayor to resign. 37-year-old Kwame Kilpatrick, in his second term of the Mayor of the Motor City, is mired in financial, political, and personal scandal, but refuses to budge.

MAYOR KWAME KILPATRICK: We have nothing to hide. We have been totally up front.

TIBBLES: It was while testifying under oath last summer in another matter that the Mayor's critics say he did hide something: An affair with his chief of staff, Christine Beatty.

REPORTER's VOICE: Were you and Mayor Kilpatrick either romantically or intimately involved with each other?

CHRISTINE BEATTY: No.

TIBBLES: The Detroit Free Press examined nearly 14,000 messages from Beatty's city-issued pager, messages critics say may prove the pair lied on the stand. Some of the messages concern city business. But many others were personal and explicit. Now a local prosecutor is considering whether to charge the pair with perjury.

PAUL ANGER, DETROIT FREE PRESS EDITOR: On the one hand, a tremendously talented individual and on the other hand you have an individual who has made really bad decisions.

TIBBLES: When the scandal broke, Kilpatrick, who is married with children, went on television.

KWAME KILPATRICK WITH HIS WIFE, JANUARY 30: I truly apologize to you.

TIBBLES: And has continued to defend himself.

KILPATRICK, MARCH 11: This unethical, illegal, lynch mob mentality has to stop.

TIBBLES: The speech prompted a veteran Detroit anchorwoman from NBC station WDIV to deliver a rare on air editorial calling on Kilpatrick to step down.

WOMAN ON TV: The Kwame Kilpatrick roller coaster has to stop.

TIBBLES: The prosecutor is expected to announce Monday whether charges will be filed. Kevin Tibbles, NBC News, Chicago.

jimpeel

MRC is teh funny. :D

How are they funny?

Are they funny because they cause you nervous laughter every time they catch your side skewing facts such as leaving out party designations of Democrats who are under investigation or involved in a scandal?

Are the word-for-word transcripts they post of the liberal press "funny".

Is the liberal press "funny"?

spike

How are they funny?

I find their stupidity entertaining. Like Bill O'Reilly, it's kind of an unintended humor but like a clown. Like they're there to amuse me. :D

0a56562d-0429-488e-8e45-4a4185b33548

jimpeel

I find their stupidity entertaining. Like Bill O'Reilly, it's kind of an unintended humor but like a clown. Like they're there to amuse me. :D

0a56562d-0429-488e-8e45-4a4185b33548

How are they stupid?

Are they stupid because they catch your side skewing facts such as leaving out party designations of Democrats who are under investigation or involved in a scandal?

Are the word-for-word transcripts they post of the liberal press "stupid"?

Is the liberal press "stupid"?

2minkey

bootlicker
having heroically proven the press to be "liberal," peel sets out on yet another crusade for truth.

next step: cruising the kindergartens for recruits. kids love dogmatism.

jimpeel

Meanwhile, back on topic ...

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,341248,00.html

N.Y. Gov. Paterson Admits Cocaine, Marijuana Use
Tuesday, March 25, 2008

NEW YORK — New York's new governor, who disclosed last week that he and his wife both committed adultery several years ago, said Monday that he used cocaine in his 20s and smoked marijuana when he was younger.

In reference to cocaine, Gov. David Paterson, 53, said in a television interview that he "tried it a couple of times" when he was "about 22 or 23."

"And marijuana probably when I was about 20," he said on the NY1 cable news station. "I don't think I touched marijuana since the '70s."

"More Americans have tried a lot more during that period of time and gone on to lead responsible lives and hopefully have lived their lives to their fullest," he said.

Paterson was lieutenant governor under Gov. Eliot Spitzer, who resigned last week amid a prostitution scandal.

Last week, Paterson and his wife, Michelle Paterson, disclosed they each had strayed from the marriage years ago. The couple were separated for a "couple years" at the time, David Paterson said Monday.

In Monday's interview, Paterson pointed out that he had acknowledged to a television journalist in 2006 that he had used illegal drugs.

The NY1 interviewer, Dominic Carter, noted that few people paid attention to Paterson's revelation then because he was running for lieutenant governor.

jimpeel

If it's no big deal, why didn't he say this on the campaign trail?

Because they have already expressed that they never thought a blind Black man would ever be governor.

Now they are stuck with a blind, Black, philandering druggie governor.

Ah for the good ol' days when the governor was a simple whoremonger.

2minkey

bootlicker
who the fuck cares?

your hero bush was an A #1 cokie and boozehound. it was long behind him when he ran for president. funny to joke about, but so what?

so, gonz, you never did anything like that?

(i'm not asking peel, because he's as clean as the marine in american beauty.)

cooper200x300.jpg

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
so, gonz, you never did anything like that?

Drank like a fish, fucked like a bunny & created havoc everywhere I could.

Drugs were very minimul (losers do drugs) & I've never cheated on my wife. (for that matter, I never cheated on a girlfriend-
if the urge for outside 'tang was so overwhelming, I knew it was time for a break up anyway)

When I run for President (or Governor) you can dig this thread up.

As far as SO WHAT goes....if they don't come clean about thier past & allow the voter sufficient information to make an INFORMED judgement about who our leaders-then they ought to be tried & jailed for perjury.