Please..The West is in danger ..Help them

Error

Banned
I was a mormon also for.. like 5 years... stopped going when I turned 18 because at that age, I had a choice. But before I was appointed nursey leader... for sunday school... (told ya, kids is what I do.) There are definitely windows in mormon churches.

Answer to why there's no windows in Jehova's Witness churches (aka Kingdom Halls) is... because they say when Armageddon comes, they will gather in their Kingdom Hall and wait it out. :)

Inkara1

Generally, any place that they can build in three or four days (they work around the clock) isn't the kind of place that will survive armageddon.

Inkara1

That would be pretty amazing, a normal building built with standard 2x4 or 2x6 studs surviving armegeddon.

unclehobart

Oh, they're convinced god will spare all of their lil buildings and kill everyone else.
Will god spare the power plant and water plant too?.. else that sink is going to be pretty useless and the room mighty dark.

God... please spare my Volvo C90 in the parking lot, if it is within your mercy. I just finished paying it off.

tonksy

The west in danger from the new Haagen-Dazs flavor....or at least the size of my ass is in danger.

chcr

Too cute for words
The west in danger from the new Haagen-Dazs flavor....or at least the size of my ass is in danger.

Do you know that there are allegedly four (count 'em, four) servings in a pint of Haagen-Dazs? That might be the biggest lie in the universe.

tonksy

Do you know that there are allegedly four (count 'em, four) servings in a pint of Haagen-Dazs? That might be the biggest lie in the universe.

I try and adhere to the servings or even less. I can string out a pint of the HD for ages...unless it's Sticky Toffee Pudding or the Lehua honey...and sometimes the Bailey's. This new flavor is carmelized pear and toasted pecan and I had to force my self to put it away.

unclehobart

Heck. I was reading it wrong. I thought it was four tubs to a serving. No wonder I keep having these heart attacks.

BlurOfSerenity

every time i think about jehovas witnesses, i just think about this friend i had, yves, that died in a car accident a few years ago (some of you may remember my posting about it). well, he was a jehovah's witness, very religious (which many of his friends never really knew until after he died), and his memorial service was at a kingdom hall.
and i have this one friend who's one of those militant atheists, who went to it, and afterward just kept bitching about "oh, i don't know why they had to go on and on about religion, it's offensive, they should keep in mind that not everyone believes in god", etc,etc,etc..... and i was just like, "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?"
ordinarily, i might agree with him. but for fuck's sake, this was the MEMORIAL SERVICE for our DEAD FRIEND who WAS, IN FACT, a jehovah's witness. OF COURSE it would be at a kingdom hall and OF COURSE they would talk about religion. i was just so flabbergasted that he took offense to it, even in the face of all these other facts. i guess i still am... i mean, wtf?!?

BlurOfSerenity

like... some people think that just because they don't agree with something, they should get all uppity up, instead of just being polite and going with the flow. sometimes, getting uppity up is ok, and even a good thing, but it's like people forget that sometimes you shouldn't be promoting your agenda, you should be just being fucking civil.

paid for by the association of people who think people should just know when to swallow their pride and go with the flow, for cryin' out loud!

BlurOfSerenity

aargh, i hate it when i dont realize there's two pages and so i post but it comes in at a different part of the thread when it'smoved on to another topic!

Inkara1

I'm really no fan of the militant athiests. Atheists are OK... but ones that go out of their way to shove it in our faces piss me off. The reason I don't go to PiL anymore has a lot to do with a thread where someone posted a cross and everyone went out of their way to find a way to make fun of it. Keep in mind I'm agnostic.