Prof....

tonksy

You little smartypants, you!

My contractor and I were discussing flooring for the livingroom. I do not want carpet or wood in there and seeing as how it is not a very well supported floor from the basement hard tile is not the best choice.
Anyway, to come to my point, Donald recommended cork. He said it was lightweight and wouldn't need to be floated.

I am considering Aphrodite brown or Titan brown:

linkage

Anyway, thanks for mentioning it a while back.

Professur

You don't like the Montreal Stone?;)

As a resident of Canuckistan, Eco products are always a first look item, and cork is definitely high on the Eco scale.

They had a show on Discovery here, Canada's worst handyman #2, where the contestants/victims had to build a shed each. The sheds were pre-sold, sight unseen on E-bay, with the money going to support Habitat for humanity int'l. The sheds were build with as much Eco products as could be found, from recycled blue denim insulation, to recycled lumber, to a solar power system. They figured to build the sheds conventionally would have ballparked about $2k. These came in at nearly $10k because Eco isn't cheap.

Always glad to be of service. What's the word on getting that back door back online?

Is this the same guy who's gonna take out that window?

tonksy

The general contractor is seeing to all of it.
The back door is on order. The same guy that is reworking the cabinets for the sink and stove will be doing the door.
The tile backsplash work is being done by a man named Rudolpho who is currently here ripping out the old stuff.
The window work starts tomorrow. I don't think I know who is doing that.
The painter crew chief is Umberto and he seem like a great guy. They are going to start after the window is closed up.
I guess the livingroom flooring will happen after the painting.

Professur

You really should, or Rob should, either or. Don't leave the contractor to make decisions alone. He's your 'professional' link and expert, but you need to know the details yourself. We made that mistake with the cottage, and I'm paying for it now in trying to repair what he should have done.

tonksy

Oh, I am sure I knew at one point.
Donald comes exceedingly highly recommended and has been totally upfront so far. He involves us every step of the way but my memory is frazzled right now from camp, dentists, bunco etc.

tonksy

The basement does not exist until we have the kitchen and livingroom back....call it an airing out period.

Bunco is a dice game and I am one of the hostesses for this month (not at the house). It's set for tomorrow night and I am responsible for half the menu and hooch.

Professur

Ah again. Bunco, for me, is fraud/con. Thought you might have had some trouble with the ebay job.

Can I suggest one thing? Take an hour and wash down the walls with size. Just mix it in a bucket and give it a once over with a Bee mop. It'll lift the first layer of crap off and stop it from getting any worse. Although the stench may not be worth it in the end.

tonksy

Ebay is kinda forcably backburnered. I have no way to do a photoshoot for now. I sent a bunch of things from my store to auction so that I still have auctions running but for now that'll have to do. No shopping, no photos, no computer (my own anyway) until this living room is straight.

tonksy

Well, I don't know her and Rob is apparently not her biggest fan so I think that I will trust the recommendation of several of my neighbors and trust in Donald. Thanks though.

unclehobart

Q was a tile setter. I don't think granite was one of her specialities... but then again it has been years and years.

Professur

And she's never returned any emails from anyone that would admit it to me. She might not even be alive anymore. The she-demon might have capped her.