Prof....

Aunty Em

I'm obssessive about locking doors and windows and always having my keys within arms reach... and not eating fat or sugar... I have some serious problems with eating out. LOL

tonksy

I do the locked door and window thing...and the children breathing thing...the stove off thing.
I am also a bit mistrustful of people that tell me they are going to do something. I obsess until I know it is done....probably one of the reasons I end up doing so much myself. One of the many reasons I love Rob so much is that I don't have to feel like I need to obsess over whether or not he will get something done.

BeardofPants

Glad to see that others have that obsessive compulsion as well. I am a hard-core delete freak. On more than one occasion that i can recall, I've deleted stuff and then gone... oops. Like deleting an assignment that was due the next day. I had to pull an all-nighter to re-do it. :eh: I also have to tell myself to stop deleting my browser history so compulsively (not like I have anything to hide per se, I just have this overwhelming need to delete stuff so my desktop et al looks tidy). Yes, I know I'm a freak. I embrace my inner freakitude. :eh:

Inkara1

Lori's mac has just one icon on the desktop, and that's just because the hard drive icon has to be there.

My mac at work has a fuckload of folders on the desktop. Looks messy, but saves me between one and 10 clicks, depending.

Inkara1

I want to say Tiger... it has dashboard.

Will spotlight save the gazillion clicks when they want me to save stuff on the server in my special area? (log on to server, share icon comes up) share > editorial do not delete > Aaron in work > whatever subfolder ?

unclehobart

Probably will not be cork in the long run. Our first thought was ceramic tile of some sort but I thought the weight and flexibility of the floor was going to kill the idea... so I was looking at cork as a lightweight and flexible alternative. It turns out that cork is more demanding of a level and immobile floor than tile is... so we will eventually have the carpet peeled back and the flooring inspected to see what direction suits us best.

Inkara1

Updates? Ever get the hardware installed? Decide on a floor?

Inquiring minds like mine want to know! You're like HGTV personalities that I've met in person! Since I rent, I have to get my high-dollar home improvement fix by living vicariously though you!

unclehobart

Our contractors brother was the flooring guru... and he apparently just recently entered into a brutal divorce... so... sigh.

unclehobart

Oh yes... they look very nice. The kitchen is 100% done now that I have just recently put in the buffet and hutch. It was a raw pine set from an unfinished furniture joint. I had just spent 40-50 man hours over the last three weeks disassembling, sanding, priming, 2 coats of paints, and a urethane sealer. It came out absolutely outstanding. Now I am working on the benches and chairs that are intended to go with the dining room table. That shouldn't take more than about 25 hours of work for all three pieces.

One of the cabinet pulls is a rainbow trout. :D Its the drawer with all of the silverware. I did that so I can just tell guests an family that don't know where it is where to go when they are looking for a spoon or whatnot.

unclehobart

I just took a few hasty pics pre-coffee here at 620 am... so the flash and color corrections from sheer darkness is killing most of the warmth. These photos are more clinical that real life. In real life, everything looks awesome :D

All inner cabinets have a single coat of urethane for protection and a slight warming wet look. All blinds are fully done with the same care as fully visible areas.

Inkara1

You know, I kinda like that idea... rainbow trout for the silverware drawer... cat for the ziploc bags and aluminum foil... giant squid for the plates and drinking glasses... piranhas for the boxes and canned food... I think I could get a pretty nice system going here.