Prof....

Inkara1

With what the newspaper industry pays... ha.

I made more in the stock market today than in hourly wages... and my original investment amount is pretty small.

Professur

The majority of our pots are Lagostina.

Now you just need to do something about the back of Rob's computer spoiling the view.

tonksy

The majority of our pots are Lagostina.

Now you just need to do something about the back of Rob's computer spoiling the view.

Once the new flooring is in his desk will be moved. I think we are going to get him an actual desk instead of continuuing to abuse that antique table he is using.

tonksy

We just ordered a few pieces from a local unfinished place and if our experience is good we may look there for a desk.

Inkara1

There used to be a place near here that sold unfinished furniture... it was called Suburban Furniture. The brand name of the furniture was Get Naked. Thus, the small newspaper ads... "GET NAKED AT SUBURBAN!"

tonksy

We ordered a buffet and hutch combo (one stacks on the other), a dining room table, 2 benches for said table, 2 chairs for said table and a 3 piece kids table and chairs for computer use. We have all the paints to hook them up right (with perhaps the exception of the kids table and chairs as I am on the fence with how to finish them).
I'm pretty excited about it.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
We ordered a buffet and hutch combo (one stacks on the other), a dining room table, 2 benches for said table, 2 chairs for said table and a 3 piece kids table and chairs for computer use. We have all the paints to hook them up right (with perhaps the exception of the kids table and chairs as I am on the fence with how to finish them).
I'm pretty excited about it.

Paint? Are you a barbarian?!? Stain and polyurethane is the way to go for wood furniture...:grumpy:

tonksy

Paint? Are you a barbarian?!? Stain and polyurethane is the way to go for wood furniture...:grumpy:

Stain doesn't come in the colors we want ;)

The table will be red, the benches will be the same teal as the walls, the chairs will be orange and the hutch/buffet will be the same pale teal as the cabinets.

I am thinking I may stain the kids set as they will be in a side alcove off of the foyer - away from the colorful kitchen.

Gato_Solo

Stain doesn't come in the colors we want ;)

The table will be red, the benches will be the same teal as the walls, the chairs will be orange and the hutch/buffet will be the same pale teal as the cabinets.

I am thinking I may stain the kids set as they will be in a side alcove off of the foyer - away from the colorful kitchen.

You don't understand...Real wood has a character and warmth that is lost when covered in paint. It has depth and beauty as well as color. If you really have your heart set on red, try a cherry stain. Let the grain show, and the world know, that your table is real, and not artificial.

tonksy

If I wanted it the way everyone else wants it I would have bought it finished from the damn store. I chose to by it unfinished so that I could have a unique diningroom set that reflects my perky fucking disposition.

Gato_Solo

If I wanted it the way everyone else wants it I would have bought it finished from the damn store. I chose to by it unfinished so that I could have a unique diningroom set that reflects my perky fucking disposition.

Once an old salt...always an old salt. I'll agree with the 'perky' part, though. :p