quitting is for christians

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Backlash heaven, right here & now.

Gotholic said:
You claimed you repent when you clearly were not doing so.

I agree with Gotholic in that statement. In a religious tenet, the purpose of repentance is to recognize & change. To stop sinning. That is not the intention here. The dogma of Christianity is clear, in regards to marriage & fornication. Marriage is written about as early, in the bible, as Genesis.

It is ironic though that there is no backlash when someone is discussing out of wedlock births & sex but there is when someone brings up the religious aspect of it, in context with a thread about lent.

Disregard what Gotholic says, if you chose, but why the animosity? If nothing else, it's just another opinion.

On the other hand, this probably should be in the RW.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Does anyone else like those marshmallow Peeps? I could eat those until one eye turned pink and the other yellow.

ewwwwwwwww they're SO GROSS...yet almost every year I decide to eat "just one" to give them another go...and every year I regret it.

tonksy

paul_valaru said:
you get choclate, and peeps, I get matzo....

jews lose again
Hey man! I like matzo! Makes for good cracker pizza! And matzo ball soup is the bestestest!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
tonksy said:
Hey man! I like matzo! Makes for good cracker pizza! And matzo ball soup is the bestestest!

now here is a question, if a family tries a tradition like a chanukah bush, should they have a matzoball hunt?

tonksy

I think that the matzo balls would soak up all the dirt and stuff...but maybe if you wrapped them in pretty colored saran wrap.

nalani

Uki Chick said:
The marshmallow peeps are ok, but i love those little cadbury mini eggs.

MMMM.. now that's what I love too .. anything made by Cadbury, actually .. when I was in New Zealand, that's all I ate .. that and ice cream .. and then I wonder why my damned pants shrunk up! :D

tonksy

Leslie said:
buk buk buk buk buk buk buk buk buk buk buk buk
When reading this I think of that awesome commercial they used to have with the animals trying to cluck like a chicken.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Used to? You guys don`t have it anymore? :(

images

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I think of the new commerical where the people are going through a field picking up rabbits who make different animal noises til they find the one who goes " buk buk buk"

majestyx

Leslie said:
Used to? You guys don`t have it anymore? :(

images
I'm sorry, but the creme eggs are just plain nasty. Now the chocolate, caramel, snickers and such are YUMMY!!!!

Edited to add: I don't mind reading about someone's religious beliefs, UNTIL I feel that they are preaching to me. That is what I feel that Gotholic was doing. There isn't a single thing wrong with it, I just don't feel that it belongs a ) in this thread, nor b ) in a forum other than in RW. JMHO, take it or leave it. ;)

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Nixy said:
No, if you don't have the opportunity to partake in your chosen sacrifice then it doesn't count :p You must have the chance and turn it down.

I'm doing OK so far but I don't think I'm gonna make it to Easter...

I turned down a beer in the lobby here. :p

Oh...Winky...I'm here until mid-May.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
I turned down a beer in the lobby here. :p

Oh...Winky...I'm here until mid-May.

But you have to turn it down for another reason already right? Cause you could lose your job? It's the same reasoning as Unc not being able to give up corn...sure people may offer it to him...he may have the OPPORTUNITY but he'd already say no, no matter if it was lent or not, for a reason much BIGGER than lent.