Quitting the ol' Cancer-sticks

Winky

Yeah there is a reason people in the first world
are quicker better faster taller smarter and just plain'
betterlooking!

Beef its whuts fer dinner!

Oh and Eggs, bacon and milk for breakfast

and Ham and cheese for lunch

and the worlds highest concentration of heart surgeons per capita worldwide!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
BeardofPants said:
Actually, the hominids were originally frugivores/nut-eaters - scavenging for meat came much later.

Right after self-awareness

BeardofPants

Actually, "true salad" has been around for a while:
wikipedia said:
History

In the Middle Ages, after a long winter of salted meats and pickled vegetables, people would be "salt-sick" and starving for spring greens. A pregnant wife's yearning for rapunzel growing in the garden next door inspired the fairy tale of Rapunzel. Popular history asserts that peasants ate more salads than lords, and were the healthier for it, and in fact salads, cooked and raw, included many ingredients that would be "gourmet" today: lovage, burnet, sorrel.
The diarist John Evelyn wrote a book on salads, Acetaria: A Discourse on Sallets (1699), that describes the new salad greens like "sellery" (celery), coming out of Italy and the Netherlands.

And it can be traced back even further in places like Italy/Greece. My point was merely that we were eatin' the greens way longer than we were hittin' up the meat.

Inkara1

I still like the Bud Light "Real American Heroes" radio ad where the salute Mr. Taco Salad Inventor Guy... "You've created an invention that boggles the mind... a 10,000-calorie salad."

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
I still like the Bud Light "Real American Heroes" radio ad where the salute Mr. Taco Salad Inventor Guy... "You've created an invention that boggles the mind... a 10,000-calorie salad."
darn it all, Ink! Now I want a taco salad!

BeardofPants

Gonz said:
Right after self-awareness
There was a theory by Wheeler and Aiello about small guts, big brains - essentially, that a high meat-rich diet lead to bigger brains, and all that that entailed. Pretty nifty. Dunno how dated the theory is now though.

link

Winky

OK I'm off to the modern supermarket
to get Beef Chicken and Pork!

The Barbie is already started

and my Barbie is on her way home!

chcr

Too cute for words
Winky said:
OK I'm off to the modern supermarket
to get Beef Chicken and Pork!

The Barbie is already started

and my Barbie is on her way home!

BoP, there's your argument against right there. :lol2:

Winky

big.JPG

Aunty Em

Nope, he's my razzy bear... :p

I'm allergic to wheat, yeast and cows milk. No bread, cakes, biscuits, choccy, cheese, butter, yogurt...

unless it's soya/goats/sheeps and the only bread I eat is black rye. So I have to find my carbs from somewhere.

Winky

Char-broiled pork chops skinless chicken breasts
Mashed Potatoes (not instant) With brown gravy
and a Salad is what's for lunch!

Winky

As per the article:

We raised the kid on
formula and vitamins and later

sirloin steak and A-1 sauce!

tonksy

I ate my leftover Korean soup...like chili that stuff gets hotter the next day. Must be toxic to Canadians, I was tearing up.