R all women really, "Back-Stabbin' Bitches"?

75renegade

Those were the sentiments of a couple a friends, who happen to be female, when discussin' the comparison of the number of male friends they have, to the number of females.

They indicated all manner of back-biting, & rumor spreading types of bitter betrayals they had experience from former friends of the same gender.

Said they could relate better with guy friends, who seem, (in my own words), "more forgiving and understanding".

Phsychologists have said that, when studied, little girls tend to interact best when playing in even numbers, where they can pick a single partner for play. IE: studies where three girls were observed, two tended to pair off, excluding the third little girl, insisting that she did not belong with them.

I've seen some similar behaviors from adult females, but I'm curious what others have observed/experienced.

Funny how us guys do seem a bit more accepting, and even "play well" in odd numbers, however, I believe the depth of relationship that exists between two females, hands down far exceeds most of any I've shared with any a my guy friends. (with a few very cool exceptions)

Guess that's why, the pain these women expressed was felt so deeply.:(

At any rate, my two cents is that we're really all the same, in the end. We guys are dang "territortial"! (self included) Yes, we're assholes when we wanna be!

I think though, because we live in "civilized" society, we find clever ways of disquising our dominating male nature with all manner of "subtleties". IE: the "bigger" man gets the respect of us less big. (not implying anything sexual):) And the more powerful man, tends to receive a more submissive response from those of us who are less powerful.............what do ya think?

Jeslek

Banned
75renegade said:
Said they could relate better with guy friends, who seem, (in my own words), "more forgiving and understanding".
Yes indeed... A lot of women remember things from months and even years ago that us guys would have forgotten after a few hours.

I believe the depth of relationship that exists between two females, hands down far exceeds most of any I've shared with any a my guy friends. (with a few very cool exceptions)
Thats unfortunately true with the majority of guys, but it isn't true with me. And I mean it... I wish guys here in the western world would express more emotions and feel free to do more things which are "traditionally" a girl's area, such as hugging, talking about oneself, and just that special deeper relationship than just plain friendship.

greenfreak

I have one female friend, my best friend, and she is a rarity among women. All my other friends are men, and for all those reasons you stated. Many of the females I've met in my life were shallow and weren't good friends or I just didn't 'click' with them.

Of the male friends I've had, many of them had told me that I was their only female friend. Which goes back to that whole "When Harry Met Sally" thing--can men and women really be friends without sex getting in the way? I think so. But I don't know what's going on in their minds for sure either. :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Trust me. When a female is involved (unless he's :gay: ) a male is always thinking about sex. :brow:

75renegade

Re: Re: R all women really, "Back-Stabbin' Bitches"?

[/quote Jerrek]"Thats unfortunately true with the majority of guys, but it isn't true with me. And I mean it... I wish guys here in the western world would express more emotions and feel free to do more things which are "traditionally" a girl's area, such as hugging, talking about oneself, and just that special deeper relationship than just plain friendship". [/quote]

Bro, I don't doubt it!

I tend to think this culture has set "perimeters", all too many times, we're are afraid to cross.

Funny thing is, tendancy is, when its "convenient", we do let that more "tender" side show.

Yet when the opportunity allows, in times of "no pressure", we withdrawl an' look around to make sure onlookers don't have reason to doubt our "strength".

Picture it bro, when yer like, peein' next to some guy in the next urinal at church or wherever, if ya meet eyes an' he says, "hey", do ya jus' nod an' look down, or do say "hey"? (don't be mistaken, any long conversation would freak me out!), but......(perhaps that's a bad example, but indulge me, I found it true enough to be humorous)...........

...........I mean, .........I guess there might some legitamate concerns that maybe he's tryin' git yer number or somethin', but, fergit that for now, point being, sometimes, we all tend draw our guard, for no particular reason except, jus' to let the other person know that we're not to be taken "lightly", instead of jus' takin' the chance of appearin' a little less in "control", for the sake of a friend to be made.

Wouldn't really hurt for us to jus' be "real", a little more often.:)

Jeslek

Banned
fury said:
Trust me. When a female is involved (unless he's :gay: ) a male is always thinking about sex. :brow:
I'm going to have to disagree with you there. And I don't talk sisters and cousins, but other friends. I have a lot of girl friends, but none come as close to as some special friendships I have with guy friends. I don't know why, but without stereotyping and generalizing, I think guys make ... better friends in some respects that girls. However there are lots of exceptions, so please don't go and quote me out of context ;)

Picture it bro, when yer like, peein' next to some guy in the next urinal at church or wherever, if ya meet eyes an' he says, "hey", do ya jus' nod an' look down, or do say "hey"? (don't be mistaken, any long conversation would freak me out!), but......(perhaps that's a bad example, but indulge me, I found it true enough to be humorous)...........
Oh then you will hate me, I have a habit of striking up conversations in front of the urinal with the guy beside me. Hmmm... Some guys, no wait, most guys find it unsettling, which is why I do it :D

Yet when the opportunity allows, in times of "no pressure", we withdrawl an' look around to make sure onlookers don't have reason to doubt our "strength".
Well, when it comes to friends, I have no qualms to hug or kiss a friend, whether guy or girl (girls preferred though, just because its more natural). However here in North America, few guys would let you do it... They automatically consider it just :gay: if you want to touch them more than just a handshake (such as a hug). Silly and depressing. :(

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't say the guy would necessarily be thinking about sex with the female he's talking to! :p

[tiny=0]he'd probably want to watch another female do it with her[/tiny]

kuulani

nalani & halamikage are my closest female friends. And they're the bestest friends in the world ... they don't stab me in the back, if they got shit to say, they'll at least have the courtesy to say it to my face :D

...and I have the courtesy to say it right back to them :D

AlladinSane

fury said:
I would say that's true. That doesn't mean they have to stop being friends. We guys just don't mess things up :D

halamikage

kuulani said:
nalani & halamikage are my closest female friends. And they're the bestest friends in the world ... they don't stab me in the back, if they got shit to say, they'll at least have the courtesy to say it to my face :D

And I don't think I'd have it any other way. :headbang: I think that's what makes us as close as we are. Being able to say things to each other, good or bad, and know that the friendship is still intact.

The worstest thing in the world is having a friend that goes behind your back and talks shit about you, 'specially when you spill your heart and soul to them. My really close friends know every deep, dark secret that I have.

Geez, the things that they would have over me.

*runs to cover Ku'u's mouth*

Vortex

fury said:
/me is worried.

I only have 2 female friends. One is a penpal living in Florida, and the other is a friend I see occasionally at varsity. Other than that, my friends consist of guys. And I know for a fact I'm not that attractive, so that theory of yours is flawed, sorry :p ;) :) (and no, none of them are :gay:! :)

Fire*Star

I have to agree with Vortex. I find it strange that guys can’t have plutonic relationships. You can ask Vortex I'm anything but :gay: in fact I'm a horny little devil! :angel: But I see Vortex (and some of my other female friends) as my little sisters! I just can't see them in a sexual sort of way.

Vortex

Fire*Star said:
But I see Vortex (and some of my other female friends) as my little sisters!
Yup!! I'm the dorky little sister he never wanted.. I mean, that he never had :p

But ya, F*S is in no way gay! Scout honour! :)

I'm sure that there are lots of guys out there that don't see their female friends in sexual terms. Come on, own up :D

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Nope, every female friend I've ever had I've wanted to get into their pants. But then again, I'm a slut.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I always think about having sex with my female friends, unless of course i don't feel atracted to them.

As for the original subject, i've seen it, and i'm quite confident that women can't take along very well between them, they can only keep a "years" frienship with one female, and sometimes that doesn't happen.

75renegade

halamikage said:
kuulani said:

And I don't think I'd have it any other way. :headbang: I think that's what makes us as close as we are. Being able to say things to each other, good or bad, and know that the friendship is still intact.

The worstest thing in the world is having a friend that goes behind your back and talks shit about you, 'specially when you spill your heart and soul to them. My really close friends know every deep, dark secret that I have.

Geez, the things that they would have over me.

*runs to cover Ku'u's mouth*

A "true" friend keeps yer secrets!