R all women really, "Back-Stabbin' Bitches"?

Ardsgaine

greenfreak said:
But anyway, I got the answers I expected:

--you can't be friends with a woman who is attractive, the thought is always in the back of his mind
--you can be friends with a woman who isn't attractive
--one guy said, 'well if she's not attractive, I wouldn't be friends with her'. :rolleyes:

Well... I would say that I can't be friends with a woman without finding her attractive. By that I mean that if I get close enough to her that I would consider her a good friend, I become attracted to her. What makes a woman really attractive is the way she carries herself, her wit, her expressions, her intelligence. I've met women before who on a first glance didn't seem all that attractive just from a physical point of view, but after talking to them for a few minutes they became gorgeous.

Having said that, there are degrees of attractiveness and just because I find her attractive doesn't mean I have to have sex with her. I may think about it, but that doesn't mean I will act on it. Whether I act on it depends on whether we're both unattached and whether I would want to move the relationship beyond friendship.

If we're both unattached and both satisfied being friends, then it's no problem. The problems come in if one or both are attached; or if one wants to move forward and the other one doesn't. Those complications make for an unstable situation.

greenfreak

I've met women before who on a first glance didn't seem all that attractive just from a physical point of view, but after talking to them for a few minutes they became gorgeous.

I love hearing that, especially from a man. :)

I may think about it, but that doesn't mean I will act on it.

Question for all the guys who have female friends... When you say think about it, do you mean that you might picture the two of you having sex, or what she looks like without clothes on?

Ardsgaine

greenfreak said:
Question for all the guys who have female friends... When you say think about it, do you mean that you might picture the two of you having sex, or what she looks like without clothes on?

Yes. :)

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Ardsgaine said:
greenfreak said:

Ditto.

unclehobart

Jerrek said:
PuterTutor said:
Ardsgaine said:
greenfreak said:

Ditto.
Tritto.
Quattro

Heck... even my enemies qualify ... newscasters .. that girl down at Starbucks ... my neighbors .. their friends ... stick figure drawings ...

Aunty Em

freako104 said:
nah men like smarter women cause opposites attract

But intelligent women don't like dopey men! I don't care what he looks like(so long as it's not frankenstien) if he can't hold a decent conversation about something other than football or birds I'm not interested. :)

My best friend is female and I find her very attractive but I wouldn't dream of making a pass because her friendship is too important to me.

Generally I have about equal numbers of male and female friends, probably because I don't get involved in that whole gossiping, back-biting scene - it doesn't interest me. In fact I'd say that my ex is more of an old woman in that way than I am.

Jeslek

Banned
But intelligent women don't like dopey men! I don't care what he looks like(so long as it's not frankenstien) if he can't hold a decent conversation about something other than football or birds I'm not interested. :)
OK hmm, I don't know a lot about football or soccer, and I rarely talk about the birds.

My best friend is female and I find her very attractive but I wouldn't dream of making a pass because her friendship is too important to me.
Hmm... two friends can have some ... fun you know :) Without ruining the friendship, if both feel that way and if both think its an acceptable path to take ;)

Ardsgaine

Jerrek said:
Hmm... two friends can have some ... fun you know :) Without ruining the friendship, if both feel that way and if both think its an acceptable path to take ;)

"The path of righteousness is as thin and narrow as a razor's edge, thus do the wise say that the road to salvation is hard."

greenfreak

Now I'm all creeped out that so many of you guys say you fantasize about your female friends. It's getting me wondering about my male friends... If they did/do that... :eek:

That's like, weird. I couldn't picture having sex with my male friends. Well, I'm sure I could if I tried but I wouldn't enjoy it. Oh man I'm all freaked out now.

unclehobart

Thats just how guys are hardwired. It happens so often that it doesnt affect us. Its sort of like a fish not noticing its in water. Its when that imagery stops is when you have to get worried... for a guy.

Ardsgaine

greenfreak said:
That's like, weird. I couldn't picture having sex with my male friends. Well, I'm sure I could if I tried but I wouldn't enjoy it. Oh man I'm all freaked out now.

You know, I'm not necessarily speaking of detailed, drawn out fantasies acompanied by furious hand motions. It could be something as simple as having a passing thought when you see her bend over to pick something up, or just idle speculation as to what it would be like in general.

AlladinSane

greenfreak said:
--you can't be friends with a woman who is attractive, the thought is always in the back of his mind
--you can be friends with a woman who isn't attractive
--one guy said, 'well if she's not attractive, I wouldn't be friends with her'. :rolleyes:
Well I have many attractive female friends. Some of them I have dtaed in the past most don't. I'm still somewhat attracted by them, but that doesn't mean I would not be their friend. Only thing that would disencourage me is to fall in love with someone. Which at this point of my life depends of more than simple beauty. In fact moral values and intelect turn me on much more than aspect in these days. :)

Question for all the guys who have female friends... When you say think about it, do you mean that you might picture the two of you having sex...
:grinyes: And I use to fap thinking about that also. But don't work with "virtual" friends, if you're asking yourself that. Must be someone whithin my reach...(my mind works that way :shrug: )

Aunty Em

Jerrek said:

She's dead straight and very much in love with her husband, although she is obviously very broadminded, a necessity when I'm around. She has no idea that I have any feelings towards her other than friendship and she would probably laugh it off if she did know. Her husband is also a close friend but probably wouldn't be quite as understanding. I wouldn't want to hurt my friend just for my own gratification.

freako104

gf jsut so you know i only do that if i am dating the girl. and even then ill ask how comfortable she is with that. i dont really fantasise about my female friends(with the exception of a few on campus).auntie, my post was actully just a joke to be funny and i try to hold decent conversations with girls and can do so. i rarely talk about sports cause im not a sports person. i make up for that by talking about what she wants

Jeslek

Banned
Aunty Em said:
She's dead straight and very much in love with her husband, although she is obviously very broadminded, a necessity when I'm around. She has no idea that I have any feelings towards her other than friendship and she would probably laugh it off if she did know. Her husband is also a close friend but probably wouldn't be quite as understanding. I wouldn't want to hurt my friend just for my own gratification.
Thats nice of you. I didn't know she was involved though.