Right, we're gonna set a date.

Which date for the BBQ?

• May 28-29 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • June 25-26

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I won't be coming but I want to see the results and I'm too lazy to click on the view poll results l

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
unclehobart said:
I was thinkiing Stone Mountain and the Pink Pony.
Stone Mountain would be cool.
I haven't been there since before they put the lasers in, waaay back.

tonksy said:
i wanna go to six flags! we got a waterpark too!

So, I guess it's a good thing I laid my hands on about 10 coupons for buy 1 get 1 free six flags admission or $6 off whitewater, huh?

Inkara1 said:
OK, I hit up Travelocity and had it give me some prices for a flight from San Luis Obispo to Atlanta via LAX on Thursday, and a return flight on that Monday. I picked Thursday because I thought it might be nice if I could have a day to see the sights around Atlanta since I was only there once--a layover at the airport on the way to Florida in 1993.

In any case, they quoted me $394 round-trip on Delta... but my flight would leave San Luis Obispo at 5:45 a.m.

I also looked at car rental and the lowest four-day rental is $94.35... unfortunately, I'll be 24 at the time, meaning I have to pay the under-25 fee of $25 a day... so it would be about $194.35 if I were to rent a car.

Now to do the driving math.
Geez... if I'm willing to fly out of LAX and take Continental Airlines, I can go for $243 round-trip. That's damn cheap. I just need to make sure I've got trnasportation to and from LA--about a four-hour drive.

Professur said:
How well do you trust your new girl? Leave her the car, and she drives you.
I don't really want to teach her to drive a stick, and she doesn't really want me to teach her how to drive a stick. If she drove me, it would be in her car. I've thought of that, but I don't know for sure what her schedule looks like around then as for whether she'd be available for driving me down there or not. I mentioned it to her and she doesn't really like the idea of driving to LAX. Maybe if I flew out of San Jose, it would be an easier sale... but I can fly from LA for $60 less and it's only about an hour's drive more.

One tank of gas, plus parking at or near LAX...you'll spend the money somewhere.

IF you don't go you will hate yourself (more?) if you don't go
and everyone is telling all those inside jokes for years!

I'm sure it is!
Yeah If I came it would easily double the
attendance cuz of all the peeps that would want to
join in. Yeah I could drive over to CA pick up Inky then
cruise to Barrie and get Les and the Kids bet I could find a few more on my way down the eastern seaboard.
Then we'd have to find plane tickets to send em' home cuz I'd be in no shape to drive back!

Back