Right, we're gonna set a date.

Which date for the BBQ?

• May 28-29 (Memorial Day Weekend)

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • June 25-26

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • I won't be coming but I want to see the results and I'm too lazy to click on the view poll results l

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HomeLAN

I live smack in the middle of the congressional district that elected Newt Gingrich. There are a few.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Winky said:
I'm sure it is!
Yeah If I came it would easily double the
attendance cuz of all the peeps that would want to
join in. Yeah I could drive over to CA pick up Inky then
cruise to Barrie and get Les and the Kids bet I could find a few more on my way down the eastern seaboard.
Then we'd have to find plane tickets to send em' home cuz I'd be in no shape to drive back!

You forgot about Bakersfield or where ever it is & the Monkeyboy.

Stop Laughing

California, Barrie, and the eastern seaboard? Since when did Chicago become the middle of nowhere? I'm not in Kansas like Mirlyn, ya know.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No you're not. You're in Chicago. Land of the Dan Ryan & teh Kennedy. Why would anyone want to go there?

Stop Laughing

hehe, neither of those is even the worst, that title goes to the Eisenhower. :D I'm not really near any of those except the Kennedy which starts 2 miles away, but that still doesn't mean there's no gridlock to reach me: remember, I'm walking distance from O'Hare.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh good. Lets all go see SL...it'll only cost about $27.55 in tolls because he lives near the airport ;)

Are you along the El or is Metro your choice of train?

Stop Laughing

L's a short bus ride away from across the street from my house. I love the L, it's cheaper than a gallon of gas, and it's even more fun to laugh at the parking lot along the Kennedy while we cruise right down the middle. :D

Professur

Booking my vacation time right now. June 20 to July 8.

V2.0 finishes school on the 21st. Still playing with the logistics, but it's looking like the entire crew might just be possible.

Professur

HL, Tonks, we still trying to fit in Six Flags? I'm trying to set up some dates so that I can make reservations for our stay.

Stop Laughing

That Six Flags has the Riverview Carousel, right? My mother rode that thing over 50 years ago.

What dates should I set up for exactly? I better plan it out more ahead of time and get more than a 4 day weekend out of it like last time. :eek:

unclehobart

http://www.sixflags.com/parks/overgeorgia/index.asp

General admission per adult and kids over 4 feet... $44 a head

Kids over 2 $27

Kids under 2 free

Getting one family in past the gates plus soda, food, non-ride games, trinkets and hoo-ha... comes to about $250. That seems more than the gas to get you down here.

The prices are nutso. Tonks and I are iffy but will go if the crowd wants to. Inky gets a general vote as well.

Stone Mountain should be running its own attractions as well.

Prof, we still tinking of a few days on the beach as well?

Dave

From Atlanta to Boston is about 1110 miles
hmm..that'd be a 2-3 day drive depending. flying would make more sense.

i have to wait till the end of this week to get my work schedule for June.

*keeps fingers crossed*