• Butter on my sammiches, it's a must!

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Butter? On a sammich? GAK!

Votes: 18 75.0%

• Total voters

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Do you prefer butter/margarine/grease of any kind on your sammiches? Or would you rather have 'em butterless?

Professur

Well, it's entirely dependant on the sammich, ain't it? A jam sammich doesn't need it. Meats do.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
UGH no butter/margarine!!

Mayo on meat sandwiches...nothing on PB sandwiches other than PB.

Aunty Em

Bread? I've forgotten what it looks like... rye crispbread deffinately needs it with most things.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Gato_Solo said:
The only sandwich requiring butter is grilled cheese. Otherwise, I'm with the GAK crowd. ;)

And even then it's on the outside not the inside...

simplyred

I don't think I've ever know anyone who put butter on a sandwich except a grilled cheese. I usually use Miracle Whip and sometimes (though very rarely) mustard. Unless It's a PBJ, then just PBJ.

rrfield

blech. Now, that fancy mustard, that's good stuff.
George Steinbrenner in Seinfeld said:
I like
that fancy mustard. You could put that fancy mustard on a shoe and it would taste pretty good to me.

woodman19_99

Let's see... no butter on any sammich but the grilled cheese...

Mustard on turkey sammiches, mayo on roast beast, crandberry sauce and gravy on turkey sammiches... that's how I take my sammiches...

rrfield

sammiches are beautiful
sammiches are fine
i like sammiches
i eat them all the time
i eat them for my supper
and i eat them for my lunch
if i had 100 sammiches
i'd eat them all at once!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Backstory is...I can't eat a sammich (or pretty much anything else for that matter) without butter. It's too dry or somethin. Mustard without butter as a protective layer goes in the breadholes and loses half it's flavour, mayo disappears into the bread too. Bleach.

Someone told me that I'm weird. I agreed that maybe I am, but not about this. So I had to see. And I'm vindicated. I'm not in the majority, but I ain't weird!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Sammich=Bread->Butter->Mustard->Sammich stuff<-Mayo<-Butter<-Bread
PB Sammich=Bread->Butter->PB and J or bananas or whatever else if desired<-Butter<-Bread

woodman19_99

Leslie said:
Someone told me that I'm weird. I agreed that maybe I am, but not about this. So I had to see. And I'm vindicated. I'm not in the majority, but I ain't weird!

Regardless of these poll results, I am sure we will still think of you as weird...