Sarah Palin Readies Bus Tour Amid 2012 Speculation

spike

Re: I know you're quite insane

Are you referring to supposed facts such as this:

Since the Bush tax cuts, with top tax rates at about the lowest in recent history, we had the worst growth rate since the Depression?

If so that is sorely in need of revision.

Here ya go...

economix-17leonhardtgdpchart-custom1.jpg

What do you want to revise exactly?

spike

Speaking of revising history.

WASHINGTON – Sarah Palin insisted Sunday that history was on her side when she claimed that Paul Revere's famous ride was intended to warn both British soldiers and his fellow colonists.
"You realize that you messed up about Paul Revere, don't you?" "Fox News Sunday" anchor Chris Wallace asked the potential 2012 presidential candidate.
"I didn't mess up about Paul Revere," replied Palin, a paid contributor to the network.
"Part of his ride was to warn the British that were already there. That, hey, you're not going to succeed. You're not going to take American arms. You are not going to beat our own well-armed persons, individual, private militia that we have," she added. "He did warn the British."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110605...uX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3BhbGluaWRpZG50bQ--

WTF is wrong with her?

ResearchMonkey

Winning The Future is wrong with her?

for-fucks-sake quit being a retard. What happened just prior to the battle of LexCon?
Sarah Palin said:

He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't going to be taking away our arms uh by ringing those bells and making sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be secure and we were going to be free and we were going to be armed.
HISTORY OF THE BATTLE OF LEXINGTON, ON THE MORNING OF THE 19TH APRIL 1775
BY ELIAS PHINNEY printed 1825

“They (British soldiers)de-tained him (Revere), with the other three prisoners from Lexington, till near three o’clock in the morning, when, finding no prospect of escape, Revere, in his turn, attempted to frighten them, by telling them, in a very triumphant tone of voice, “ Gentlemen, you have missed your aim. I left Boston after your troops had landed at Lechmere’s Point, and if I had not been certain, that the people, to the distance of fifty miles into the country, had been notified of your movements, I would have risked one shot, before you should have taken me.” Another told them, “The bell’s ringing, the country is alarmed, and you are all dead men.” This appeared, in some measure, to alarm the officers.”
pages 18,19

source
Eyewitness to History

The atmosphere was tense, word of General Gage's intentions spread through Boston prompting the patriots to set up a messaging system to alert the countryside of any advance of British troops. Paul Revere arranged for a signal to be sent by lantern from the steeple of North Church - one if by land, two if by sea. On the night of April 18, 1775 the lantern's alarm sent Revere, William Dawes and other riders on the road to spread the news. The messengers cried out the alarm, awakening every house, warning of the British column making its way towards Lexington. In the rider's wake there erupted the peeling of church bells, the beating of drums and the roar of gun shots - all announcing the danger and calling the local militias to action.

source

Paul Revere's Ride
by David Hackett Fischer

At last the [British] officers began to feel the full import of what Paul Revere had been telling them. His words of warning took on stronger meaning when punctuated by gunfire. The sound of a single shot had suggested to them that surprise was lost. The crash of a volley appeared evidence that the country was rising against them. As they came closer to the Common they began to hear Lexington's town bell clanging rapidly. the captive Loring, picking up Revere's spirit, turned to the officers and said, 'The bell's a'ringing! The town's alarmed, and you're all dead men!'"

source

or you can read Revere's own humble version

At least Sarah didn't say Revere was warning all of the 21 colonies, and ....she did it without a teleprompter. :wink2:

:rofl:

spike

That's kinda useful. Thanks.

It would be nice if it could average date ranges but still good.

I'm not sure what your point was though.