Saturdays Vote

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Did in Chicago for quite some time. What's your point?
My point is that there seems to be some evidence of tampering....what's yours? Are you saying since Chicago had some fixed elections it is ok for Iraq?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
flavio said:
My point is that there seems to be some evidence of tampering....what's yours? Are you saying since Chicago had some fixed elections it is ok for Iraq?

Nope. I'm saying that no system is perfect. Deal with it when we find it, and deal with it if we don't. You seem to have some other agenda, though...perhaps blaming somebody instead of offering a solution to the problem?

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
Nope. I'm saying that no system is perfect. Deal with it when we find it, and deal with it if we don't. You seem to have some other agenda, though...perhaps blaming somebody instead of offering a solution to the problem?
Oh, no systems perfect so it's really no concern if the vote turns out to be fixed? ....why not offer a solution instead accusing me of blaming someone.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Oh, no systems perfect so it's really no concern if the vote turns out to be fixed? ....why not offer a solution instead accusing me of blaming someone.

Isn't that what you're doing? You say the election will prove to be invalid due to tampering...thus blaming the Shi'ites. I then proffered the question

me said:
You seem to have some other agenda, though...perhaps blaming somebody instead of offering a solution to the problem?

You found a problem...offer a solution to go with it. Then again, that would mean you actually gave a shit, wouldn't it?

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Apparently you don't give a shit if you don't mind if the election is fixed.

There you go...putting words in my mouth. You said the election was fixed...problem. You offered no solution. When that is brought to your attention, you ask me what my solution is, but I passed it right back to you, and the only thing you can do is parrot what I said. Now...once again...what is your solution to the problem?

flavio

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
There you go...putting words in my mouth. You said the election was fixed...problem. You offered no solution. When that is brought to your attention, you ask me what my solution is, but I passed it right back to you, and the only thing you can do is parrot what I said. Now...once again...what is your solution to the problem?
Your premise that no problems are allowed to be discussed unless a solution is offered is ridiculous.

Nobody better discuss hurricanes here unless they have a plan for fixing them.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Your premise that no problems are allowed to be discussed unless a solution is offered is ridiculous.

Nobody better discuss hurricanes here unless they have a plan for fixing them.

Hurricanes are not a problem. They are a naturally occuring event, and have nothing to do with the problem you brought up. Where I come from, we have a saying...Put up, or shut up. You have no solution, so discussing the problem will not do anything except assess blame. The most important aspect is this...if you have no solution, then the problem does not lie with them. The problem lies with you, because you are not doing anything to fix the problem.

Inkara1

flavio said:
Hurricanes aren't a problem?
No. Neither are earthquakes or tornadoes.

The problem is in buildings that can't withstand natural disasters. The problem is in piss-poor planning for what happens if a natural disaster does strike. The problem is in poor evacuation techniques. The problem is in the "gimme" attitude conditioned into a lot of people. See where I'm getting here?

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Hurricanes aren't a problem?

Your premise is still ridiculous.

So you have no solution to the problem you brought up...no other plan to help those people...and no clue as to the difference between a naturally occuring event, and a man-made disaster. Nice. You proved my point quite eloquently.

flavio

Banned
Inkara1 said:
No. Neither are earthquakes or tornadoes.

The problem is in buildings that can't withstand natural disasters. The problem is in piss-poor planning for what happens if a natural disaster does strike. The problem is in poor evacuation techniques. The problem is in the "gimme" attitude conditioned into a lot of people. See where I'm getting here?
Yeah, you're mincing words. No hurricane = no problem.

So you have no solution to the problem you brought up...no other plan to help those people...and no clue as to the difference between a naturally occuring event, and a man-made disaster. Nice. You proved my point quite eloquently.
Whether or not I personally have a solution figured out for fixed elections is beside the point. You're going to stick to your ridiculous premise that no problems can be discussed on otcentral unless accompanied by a solution. Most of the threads here don't follow that rule ...nor should they.

Many times being aware of the problem is half the battle. Your point is null and void.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
ok i have to ask, how do we have no more hurricanes? "no hurricanes = no problem"

cause i'd love to have no tornado's and no blizzards added to that list.

Gato_Solo

flavio said:
Yeah, you're mincing words. No hurricane = no problem.

Whether or not I personally have a solution figured out for fixed elections is beside the point. You're going to stick to your ridiculous premise that no problems can be discussed on otcentral unless accompanied by a solution. Most of the threads here don't follow that rule ...nor should they.

Many times being aware of the problem is half the battle. Your point is null and void.

Being aware of a problem is nice, but without having a solution, you only add to the problem. If you have a solution to the problem, and don't express it, then you also add to the problem due to your own incompetence.

By now we all realize that you have no solution to the problem, and the only thing you want to do is assess blame. Have at it. You clearly don't give a shit about fixing the problem, or you wouldn't be arguing about the solution.

A.B.Normal

Gato_Solo said:
Being aware of a problem is nice, but without having a solution, you only add to the problem. If you have a solution to the problem, and don't express it, then you also add to the problem due to your own incompetence.

By now we all realize that you have no solution to the problem, and the only thing you want to do is assess blame. Have at it. You clearly don't give a shit about fixing the problem, or you wouldn't be arguing about the solution.

Bullshit,I look at what success has brought in Afghanistan and I'm not alllowed to point out Iraqi elections aren't going to mean a damn thing,absolute bullshit.I don't have all the answers ,but then I don't start the threads saying "look what successes we've done" all I do is try to make them prove what they are saying and when they can't ,they come up with drivel like yours.

*ignore

Gato_Solo

A.B.Normal said:
Bullshit,I look at what success has brought in Afghanistan and I'm not alllowed to point out Iraqi elections aren't going to mean a damn thing,absolute bullshit.I don't have all the answers ,but then I don't start the threads saying "look what successes we've done" all I do is try to make them prove what they are saying and when they can't ,they come up with drivel like yours.

*ignore

Sorry...but you, also, missed the point. If you have me on ignore, so-be-it, but it's not going to change the fact that people who complain about a problem with no idea how to fix it are complete morons.

BeardofPants

A.B.Normal said:

*ignore

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to A.B.Normal again.

BeardofPants

Gato_Solo said:
Sorry...but you, also, missed the point. If you have me on ignore, so-be-it, but it's not going to change the fact that people who complain about a problem with no idea how to fix it are complete morons.

As per usual, you are reduced to flame-baiting when you have nothing conducive to say to the debate. :swing: At any rate, if the people who are actively complaining about that mess in Iraq are 'morons', then what does that say about the person who exacerbated the problem to begin with? :la:

*mirrors AB