SnP and AllEars' won't be around much for awhile

Uki Chick

Leslie said:
I found my kittie close to death in the bathroom this morning and had to take him in, and now he's gone. :(

I only had him a couple years, and he hated me, but it's a shock and really really sad.

That's really sad. Sorry to hear that.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
thanks guys.

It was an undiagnosed heart problem, and a blood clot just wiped him out overnight. He could only move his eyes and one foot this morning, couldn't talk, couldn't anything.

Uki Chick

reminds me of my first cat. he had a heart condition and we woke up one morning to him being half paralized. the next day he was gone. I'll never forget that day!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Uki Chick said:
reminds me of my first cat. he had a heart condition and we woke up one morning to him being half paralized. the next day he was gone. I'll never forget that day!
Paul said it looked like exactly the same thing. I don't think I'm gonna forget it either. :(

Uki Chick

Leslie said:
Paul said it looked like exactly the same thing. I don't think I'm gonna forget it either. :(

It's definitely hard. You get over it, but you never forget it. All we did back then was get a new cat. Not to replace him mind you, but to give the other one a new friend. She was so used to having another cat that she was not herself when he passed on. To this day when I think of him it brings tears to my eyes.

simplyred

Aww you guys. I'm like sitting at my desk (still) crying. Isn't it amazing how pets just become a part of your family?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Should we begin splitting this thread? It has several lives and very few are about the fire.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Gato_Solo said:
Poor cat...waitasec...poor Paul. That's twice. :(

that is 3 times actually. But it was this ones time to go, no plans on getting another cat soon, but eventually for sure.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
paul_valaru said:
that is 3 times actually. But it was this ones time to go, no plans on getting another cat soon, but eventually for sure.

Still...you have my condolences. You must've been a black cat in a previous life...

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
UPDATE:

We went to the bank yesterday. The loan dude dropped a bombshell on us, and he could tell I wasn't pleased. We walked.

Very frustrating day all in all. We're more or less back to square one on the house search. I adamantly refuse to commit financial suicide, or to allow our emotions and anxiety to get back to a normal life to spur us into what these sharks wanted us to do.

So. Later today, we make a few phone calls, maybe look at a thing or three, and start over. This time we are in control. Not the bank. Not the selling agent. Us. We don't like what they say, we walk away and find someone else.

These idiots wanted me to stake our entire parcel of land (would appraise at over 40K easy) on an 80K doublewide. His big selling point was, "You'd have no money out of pocket." For 50% down, you're fucking-A right I won't. Then he tells me it has to be an adjustable rate. Starts telling me what a wonderful idea an ARM is. Tells me he has one himself. I let him talk for a few minutes, and he gets back to the sales script, about how in five years or so we can refinance it, blah blah blah.

I guess it never dawned on him that if this damn ARM is such a fantastic thing, why would I pay $5000 to get out of it in 5 years? Moron.

A pox on bankers. And clowns. Fuck clowns too.

*SnP stomps away to go tear something up.*

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
SouthernN'Proud said:
UPDATE:

We went to the bank yesterday. The loan dude dropped a bombshell on us, and he could tell I wasn't pleased. We walked.

Very frustrating day all in all. We're more or less back to square one on the house search. I adamantly refuse to commit financial suicide, or to allow our emotions and anxiety to get back to a normal life to spur us into what these sharks wanted us to do.

So. Later today, we make a few phone calls, maybe look at a thing or three, and start over. This time we are in control. Not the bank. Not the selling agent. Us. We don't like what they say, we walk away and find someone else.

These idiots wanted me to stake our entire parcel of land (would appraise at over 40K easy) on an 80K doublewide. His big selling point was, "You'd have no money out of pocket." For 50% down, you're fucking-A right I won't. Then he tells me it has to be an adjustable rate. Starts telling me what a wonderful idea an ARM is. Tells me he has one himself. I let him talk for a few minutes, and he gets back to the sales script, about how in five years or so we can refinance it, blah blah blah.

I guess it never dawned on him that if this damn ARM is such a fantastic thing, why would I pay $5000 to get out of it in 5 years? Moron.

A pox on bankers. And clowns. Fuck clowns too.

*SnP stomps away to go tear something up.*

ARM's are fine for short-term loans...like 5 years. But for long-term, such as 10 to 20 years, a fixed rate is best...even if it seems like it's a little high to start. Finding another bank is an extremely intelligent decision, and not surprising, considering who I'm talking to ATM. Second...80K is not that big a loan for a mortgage. Just watch out for things like closing costs, points, and the other nasty fees that bankers like to add on at the end to get more out of you. Most of that is just additional fees to fatten the bank's pockets. See if the manufacturer has any financing plans that aren't too outrageous (over 7.0%)...

rrfield

When I was talking to the loan officer about getting a mortgage as a baby-faced 23 year old, she tried to push an ARM on me. She probably figured I didn't know what the F I was doing (which was only half true). I kept telling her I wasn't interested. After about the 3rd time she brought it up, I simply told her if she mentions it again I'm leaving and I will go to the bank next door. She never said another word about it.