SnP and AllEars' won't be around much for awhile

Inkara1

SouthernN'Proud said:
To your right/inside left of that window was the world famous music collection.
I was going to say something about the vast, mostly-irreplacable vinyl collection but was unsure whether you'd want to talk about that right now.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
HOLY FUCK!!!!!

Is there even a hint it may be job related? If there's anything any of us can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Mare

:mope: Oh My Goodness SnP, I am so very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could do for you all. You and yours are definetely in my prayers. Thank God you are all safe!

Hang in there! :sadhug: :sadhug: :sadhug:

greenfreak

Gonz said:
Is there even a hint it may be job related?
Oh my. What a horrible possibility, on top of everything else. :(

SNP, I know it can never replace everything, but is your home insurance company acting quickly? Where are you staying in the meantime?

woodman19_99

Hey man, sorry to hear about this. Honestly, if there is anything I can do from NYC just let me know... There probably isn't much, but if you think of anything let me know...

Best of luck to you and your family...

MrBishop

The most important thing is that you didn't lose the irreplaceable. Your family is safe and alive.

I'm sorry to hear about the fire and the loss of all of your stuff. With everything that's been going around lately, you'd figure that enough bad luck was enough.

You guys will see the other side of this. I'm sure of it!

Kruz

shit man..... I'm so sorry for your loss, I couldn't imagine loosing everything like that.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
That is tragic. I'm glad noone was hurt. It makes my problems in my undisclosed location seem small by comparison.

MrBishop

I'm hoping that the insurance inspectors aren't as vicious as they're known to be, ya know.

I'm assuming that you and the family have a place to stay while the slow beurocratic wheels start grinding forward.

TexasRaceLady

Oh, dear Lord, Mike. If I can do anything to help, please don't hesitate to ask.
I'm so thankful that you and the family are unharmed.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

abooja

I am so sorry to hear this. It is absolutely awful. I'm grateful that no one was physically harmed, but...your record collection. Everything. That sucks so bad. :crying4:

Please let us know what we can do to help. I'm sure I'm not the only one with some money burning a hole in her pocket.

Inkara1

I wouldn't categorize it as "burning a hole in the pocket" so much as "can be spared and someone needs it more right now."

Inkara1

OK, this is getting weird...
Garage fire at the house of a doctor who had been attacked at knifepoint a couple weeks prior. Firefighters were able to get there in time to contain the flames to the garage. Also, according to this article, neighbors by the attorney's house heard a noise and saw a flash before that fire.

It doesn't make sense that the one area would be prone to so many fires in such a short time so now my suspicions are definitely raised.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Got just a few minutes before I collapse...

First, thank you for all the well wishes. It's difficult, but we are managing.

Yes, the loss of our home and everything we owned is devastating. Yes, I do mourn the loss of my music collection terribly. 32 years is a long time and a ton of money, and I know that a great majority of it is irreplacable. But we're alive. That overrides it.

We have received so many donations, checks, offers for help, favors, and whatnot than we can keep track of. Clothes, furniture, boarding our dogs, even use of a trailer. I hear that even more is coming. It's left us speechless. We are blessed beyond our ability to describe it.

We met with the insurance adjustor today. We apparently had a fantastic policy writer. I don't have time to go into great depth, but it appears that we should be able to have a new house completed before the end of the year, fully furnished, and very close to the house we lost in terms of space but "modernized" significantly. True, some things simply can never be replaced, but our policy was written in such a way that we should be more than OK.

Yes, we will rebuild on the same land, just not the same spot on it. The spot where this house was, in typical SnP/AE fashion, will become home to a grove of living trees...a weeping willow to signify our loss, several flowering trees to symbolize eternal hope and rebirth, and one tree standing straight and tall above all others. It only seems right.

I have contacted a retail music store and I think I have arranged to replace as many of my CDs as they can order. The others...I have resources for most. Maybe a dozen are just out of print and I'll get them someday. Trust me. They are working on "cutting a deal" for a special price...after all, it ain't every day a man walks in wanting to purchase around 725 CDs at once.

Mentally, we are healing. Physically, we are fine. Tired, but fine. Spiritually, we are stronger than ever.

As to the other fires in the area...yeah, there have been a lot of them for such a small town/rural area. Yeah, suspicions are high. yeah, sometimes I wonder. If it was set, I cannot control that, so I won't allow myself to worry about it. I'm not a doctor or an attorney, and have the bank account to prove it. But a family friend's daughter also lost her house over the weekend, and she lived back in the same general area we do, so...

I gotta get some sleep. Thanks again for the concern. We'll check in when we can.

You guys rock.