So, is there any word...

Dave

chcr said:
Oh, and the construction areas change from week to week. I don't think they have any plan in mind, they're just trying to piss people off.
so thats where all the Big Dig contractors went...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
the 24/40 split construction from Murfreesboro seemed like it was just starting & it is gonna be bad.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I just don't feel comfortable committing to it,more for the guests than anything else. The people who attend will devote their vacation time, travel money, and hopes and expectations to this thing. If I take a turn for the worse, and the pancreatic surgery becomes my only option, that means 3-4 months of recovery. Putting myself in other shoes, I would certainly understand a medical crisis, but to obligate oneself to hosting this event with the possibility of this ordeal hanging over my head is unfair to anyone who attends.

I appreciate the interest in coming to this neck, though. I plan to attend this year if at all possible medically and financially.

Professur

So now we start pressuring Chic? Noone in Indiana wants it? How about Kansas? Do I hear anything from Tornado Alley?

AllEars'

My opinion:

I would not mind hosting it BUT(and thats a big one) my biggest concern is SNP's health. I can handle rowdy, I can handle just about anything, just not when he is having a bad time of it. I don't think we can commit to anything until these test results come back and we know exactly what we are dealing with.

I think that everyone needs to think really hard about the area we live in. Yes, it is truely beautiful, but can be boring as hell. (A beer run will take at least 25 minutes.) If everyone just wants to hang out, eat some good food, enjoy nature, and conversation, shit we got that covered.

Are we located in an area that will be easy for everyone to find? Gonz and SNP would know better then I. I know how to get where I want to be beyond that your on your own. Don't ask me the street names I couldn't tell you. :swing:

Professur

AllEars' said:
I know how to get where I want to be beyond that your on your own. Don't ask me the street names I couldn't tell you. :swing:

Me too. Oddly enough, for most of the cities in Quebec too. I can take you straight to just about any Jean Coutu pharmacy anywhere, but don't ask me for directions or addresses.

MrBishop

Prof...it wasn't the driving distance that stopped me from going to Georgia..it was finances and timing. I've driven 16hour and 18hour runs before...with a nauteous baby in the midst of an asthma attack and in a foreign country to boot.

Whoever's doing this has to know that it's more than just saying "I'll do it" and then hitting the grocery store after the first guests arrive. I've been doing a BBQ at my house for 5 years now...with upwards of 60 people arriving for 2 of them. I didn't have to put anyone up cause they were local friends, but it's an organizational nightmare sometimes, and expensive. Add in sleeping arrangments and having backup is more than just 'nice'..it's necessary!

For the Montreal BBQ, I was lucky enough that Uki and Paul were able to house 5 guests, Cammy had one at her place and that was it for outside OTC members. I still had the BBQ to run and people to feed, but it hurt a lot less.

With all this in mind... I, for one, don't plan on just showing up and doing SFA other than eat, drink and fart. I Bar-B like a short-order cook, I'm not scared of renovations, handy in the kitchen..and know when to just get the fuck out of the way.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
AllEars' said:
Are we located in an area that will be easy for everyone to find? Gonz and SNP would know better then I. I know how to get where I want to be beyond that your on your own. Don't ask me the street names I couldn't tell you. :swing:

She sometimes has a little trouble with "left" and "right" too...

:bolt: *peepwall*

HomeLAN

Damn, dude, you said that out loud?! I hope you've got enough of the bunker completed so you can hide.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My mom has a problem with left and right sometimes too :D

Me: Left here (while she is already IN the left hand lane)
*pulls into right hand lane*
Me: LEFT! I SAID LEFT!
Her: Yes
Me: OTHER LEFT!

AllEars'

SouthernN'Proud said:
She sometimes has a little trouble with "left" and "right" too...

:bolt: *peepwall*

You were sleeping where tonight? :behead:

Funny, I have no problem getting where I need to be until YOU get in the car with me. :devious:

Professur

AllEars' said:
You were sleeping where tonight? :behead:

Funny, I have no problem getting where I need to be until YOU get in the car with me. :devious:

The missus won't even drive if I'm in the car.