soccer/football

Lopan

I never had a jock strap, just a rugby shirt that could retain 500 litres of water and was itchy.

I think the pros wear some shoulder protection now, but its hardly armour.

chcr

Too cute for words
ClaireBear said:
Our lads playing rugby have what?

A gum shield and a jock strap...

And a slightly padded helmet that might keep your ears from being torn off in a scrum (but most of the guys are too manly to wear 'em).

ClaireBear

Banned
chcr said:
And a slightly padded helmet that might keep your ears from being torn off in a scrum (but most of the guys are too manly to wear 'em).

Or just a bit of sticky bandage wrapped around... :D

Man they are hard... in more ways than one! :p :p

Lopan

chcr said:

Only hookers and number 8 wear those.

Have you ever seen their ears, cauliflowered to hell. Not pretty, they have square heads aswell.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Lopan said:
:moon: :moon::moon: :moon:

You shouldn't mock what you don't understand.

What's to misunderstand? We have a game with a ball that you can't touch with your hands. Once every few hours it accidentally rolls somewhere it's supposed to, someone wins, fans get drunk(er), riots ensue, and someone from Brazil commits mayhem in protest. The announcer screams GOAL holding his breath until he resembles a smurf, and the remaining 99.7% of the globe never notices.

I mean, when the most publicized event in the game's recent history was some chick taking off her shirt because the ball rolled somewhere, that's a pretty sad commentary on the game as a whole I say.

Must just be me, but watching old people screw seems to have more action involved. :gay:

Lopan

SouthernN'Proud said:
What's to misunderstand? We have a game with a ball that you can't touch with your hands. Once every few hours it accidentally rolls somewhere it's supposed to, someone wins, fans get drunk(er), riots ensue, and someone from Brazil commits mayhem in protest. The announcer screams GOAL holding his breath until he resembles a smurf, and the remaining 99.7% of the globe never notices.

I mean, when the most publicized event in the game's recent history was some chick taking off her shirt because the ball rolled somewhere, that's a pretty sad commentary on the game as a whole I say.

Must just be me, but watching old people screw seems to have more action involved. :gay:

Its the most popular sport on the planet. It really doesn't matter what the septics think about it.

American football, basketball and baseball are down there with water polo. Cricket and Rugby are played in more countries and with bigger TV audiences.

No one likes your sports, get over it.

ClaireBear

Banned
SouthernN'Proud said:
What's to misunderstand? We have a game with a ball that you can't touch with your hands.

Requiring more than just a modecom of skill!!!

Once every few hours it accidentally rolls somewhere it's supposed to, someone wins, fans get drunk(er), riots ensue,

No one ever said it was a sport for families...

The announcer screams GOAL holding his breath until he resembles a smurf, and the remaining 99.7% of the globe never notices.

Thats Seria A... Italian football... even we find that strange!

"Goooooooaaaaaaaaaaaal Latzio!"

Why? For the love of God why?

Like I said it requires an attention span and intelligence level greater than that of a goldfish...

Winky

There is a C in sceptic.

Oh No wait
you're prolly right Sucker makes sense to septics?

ClaireBear said:
They just took and "improved" them

Yes my dear like everything else on the planet.

Hasn't it been proven time and again that NFL'ers
with their gear on and their 300+ pounds of steroid
enhanced muscles would crush those wacky pansy boys that play Ruggy?

Beckham wears Posh's underwear, what a homo...

Lopan

Beckham plays football.

Martin Johnson plays rugby, has been known to eat Hippo's

mjohnson.gif

unclehobart

I thought footie was boring as well until I was watching a World Cup match nearly a decade ago with a room full of Mexican coworkers. Mexico v Germany... in which the room had collected $40 to bet against me. Since there was money on the line and the room was filled with the roaring throngs of the enemy screaming 'FOUL! FOUL!' at the top of their lungs... I was drawn in.

But as you say, it ends up being a match broadcast early in the day for this side of the pond... so its far too early to start nipping at pints.

Lopan

Watching it in a packed pub is the best. Argentina Vs England 2002, was a very good match. We beat them for the first time in years, they were reminded of this and the Falklands. Football tends to involve alot of historical comment aswell.

To Germany the chant would be:
"2 world wars and 1 world cup"

French:
Anything involving cheese eating surrender monkey's (cheers simpsons)

chcr

Too cute for words
I know, I know, it makes me odd, but I like soccer, I don't like NASCAR, I don't like to hunt or fish (nothing against it, understand, just not my cannaahggah) and I love baseball. Bite me. :lol:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
chcr said:
I know, I know, it makes me odd, but I like soccer, I don't like NASCAR, I don't like to hunt or fish (nothing against it, understand, just not my cannaahggah) and I love baseball. Bite me. :lol:

Baseball? I thought you liked the Braves...

*poke*

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Baseball? I thought you liked the Braves...

*poke*

AAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
Yankees, Yankees, Yankees!!!!

*Now I'm gonna have to go wash my brain*