Socialized healthcare care in action.

jimpeel

Oh... BURN!!

KELSO_02-thumb.gif

Nope!

2minkey

bootlicker
By the way. That's "ideo-pablum" for those who can spell made up words.

you're remarkably unqualified to police my neologisms.

i think it's fairly safe to believe that i meant what i said in exactly the way i said it.

quit now while you're behind.

jimpeel

you're remarkably unqualified to police my neologisms.
One would do well to avoid an etymological debate if that debate merely throws fodder to the opposition.

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
ne·ol·o·gism /niˈɒləˌdʒɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nee-ol-uh-jiz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1. a new word, meaning, usage, or phrase.
2. the introduction or use of new words or new senses of existing words.
3. a new doctrine, esp. a new interpretation of sacred writings.
4. Psychiatry. a new word, often consisting of a combination of other words, that is understood only by the speaker: occurring most often in the speech of schizophrenics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1790–1800; < F néologisme. See neology, -ism]

—Related forms
ne·ol·o·gist, noun
ne·ol·o·gis·tic, ne·ol·o·gis·ti·cal, adjective
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1)
Based on the Random House Unabridged Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2006.

American Heritage Dictionary
ne·ol·o·gism (nē-ŏl'ə-jĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
1. A new word, expression, or usage.
2. The creation or use of new words or senses.
3. Psychology
a. The invention of new words regarded as a symptom of certain psychotic disorders, such as schizophrenia.
b. A word so invented.
4. Theology A new doctrine or a new interpretation of scripture.

ne·ol'o·gist n., ne·ol'o·gis'tic, ne·ol'o·gis'ti·cal adj.

(Download Now or Buy the Book) The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2006 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

American Heritage Stedman's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
ne·ol·o·gism (n-l-jzm)
n.

A meaningless word used by a psychotic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ne·olo·gistic or ne·olo·gisti·cal adj.

The American Heritage® Stedman's Medical Dictionary
Copyright © 2002, 2001, 1995 by Houghton Mifflin Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Company.

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source - Share This
Main Entry: ne·ol·o·gism
Pronunciation: nE-'äl-&-"jiz-&m
Function: noun
1 : a new word, usage, or expression
2 : a word coined by a psychotic that is meaningless except to the coiner

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.

i think it's fairly safe to believe that i meant what i said in exactly the way i said it.

I know what you meant, as did everyone else on this board. Next time, try using the common spelling; and stop making up silly sounding words and phrases which add nothing to the debate.

quit now while you're behind.

I think not. I don't easily acquiesce to demands for surrender. If you wish to continue this debate on the thread subject, that would be fine.

If you want to start a new thread on spelling, usage, etymology, and grammar, I would be happy to participate.

spike

I posted some HERE with links to the full story. Did you also miss the thread header and that mouthful of rotten teeth glaring at you?

I think the idea is to show how different systems compare. Something like:

"The U.S. health system is the most expensive in the world, but comparative analyses consistently show the United States underperforms relative to other countries on most dimensions of performance."

Finding individual examples of problems with a particular system I'm sure is fun. They all have their own problems.

What tells the real story though is when you compare each system to several others on overall performance, effectiveness, and efficiency. In that regard our surrent system is lagging behind that of many other countries.

I think a core problem of our system is that it's geared to make money instead of curing people. Doctors tend to treat symptoms with drugs which creates big profits for pharmaceutical companies and guarantees repeat business.

The focus should be on fixing the problem so that people don't have to take the pills or come back. It wouldn't be as profitable but our nation would be healthier.

2minkey

bootlicker
I know what you meant, as did everyone else on this board. Next time, try using the common spelling; and stop making up silly sounding words and phrases which add nothing to the debate.

your version refers to a specific product. mine refers to a general concept of "fodder." and the latter is what i meant!

others have already posted appropriate defintions showing this.

get over it!

:rolleyes:

and BTW i meant neologism in a cesaire-ian sense. :p

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Ok. 2minkey, when you're not online, don't derail threads by psychically forcing someone else to defend your spelling and/or grammar when someone else incorrectly calls you on it. When you are online, you may only type trademark names or words dumbed down to the nth degree - no actual words.

/facetious

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Noooooooooooooo. You're pedantic. He calls me pendactic. I can't therefore correct him on it.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

chcr

Too cute for words
Noooooooooooooo. You're pedantic. He calls me pendactic. I can't therefore correct him on it.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Take your hand off the mouse, step calmly away from the computer and count slowly to twenty-five.

jimpeel

I think the idea is to show how different systems compare. Something like:

"The U.S. health system is the most expensive in the world, but comparative analyses consistently show the United States underperforms relative to other countries on most dimensions of performance."

Finding individual examples of problems with a particular system I'm sure is fun. They all have their own problems.

What tells the real story though is when you compare each system to several others on overall performance, effectiveness, and efficiency. In that regard our surrent system is lagging behind that of many other countries.

I think a core problem of our system is that it's geared to make money instead of curing people. Doctors tend to treat symptoms with drugs which creates big profits for pharmaceutical companies and guarantees repeat business.

The focus should be on fixing the problem so that people don't have to take the pills or come back. It wouldn't be as profitable but our nation would be healthier.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Did you just post something we both actually agree on???

Say it ain't so!

That said, the U.S. system is the best around for facilities, equipment, etc. Have you seen what is going on in Britain with the Clostridium difficile "superbug" bacteria? They are actually entertaining criminal charges against hospital administrators.

Yes, I know that this is possible anywhere but if the system is as good as it is touted to be why, then, are these events happening on a frighteningly regular basis? The people who oversee the system are saying that it is failing.