Surprise! Koran burner idiot is a radical nutcase

MrBishop

I don't care where he's from.
This is the U.S.A.
Can't you give a real American story on it?

At the entrance to Trinity United off of Northwest 53rd Avenue, the Westboro group also was joined by about 30 members of the Dove World Outreach Center, said Gainesville police monitoring the protest. Many were wearing the shirt with the words “Islam is of the Devil,” the same words on a sign that members had posted outside their church in July of 2009.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100418/articles/100419422?p=2&tc=pg

His little church has been in trouble before. Look up Dove Centre. You'll find tax-evasion in there as well as a few clashes due to their anti-semitic, anti-gay, anti-muslim clashes. They also sell nice t-shirts and bumper-stickers that say "Islam is of the Devil"

Hey, any friends of Westboro can't be all bad.

spike

Writes Ron Paul:

A professed Christian pastor in Gainesville, Florida, Terry Jones, plans to burn copies of the Quran on 9/11. He indicts all Islam for 9/11 and argues that it is a hate-driven religion. He’s convinced he’s on God’s side, even though he is getting little support from other Christians, who believe that Jesus is the Prince of Peace.

General David Petraeus, our military commander in Afghanistan, strongly condemned Mr. Jones’ plan, arguing it would be provocative, make his fight against the Taliban in Afghanistan more difficult, and further jeopardize the lives of American soldiers.

I agree! To blame of all Muslims for the atrocities of 9/11 only makes things worse – especially since it wasn’t the Taliban of Afghanistan that committed the atrocities on 9/11. Under Jones’ warped logic, we should have attacked Saudi Arabia, since 15 of the 19 suicide bombers came from that country.

But while I am pleased to see General Petraeus recognize the danger of one type of incitement, he unfortunately fails to see the whole picture and understand that our policies of torture, targeted assassination, invasion of Muslim countries, and unintended infliction of civilian casualties in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan are also provocative. Pictures of victims of torture as well as innocent people killed by drones and stray bombs, are every bit as bad as burning the Quran.

In some ways, what Jones is doing may be minor compared to the resentment toward us as a consequence of what our government has done to thousands of innocent victims.

As I have said time and time again, Osama bin Laden wins by ‘proving’ that America is an enemy of Islam and has an occupation agenda in the Middle East. And we continue to walk into his trap and hand him up his best recruitment tool in his efforts to provoke hatred and terrorism against the United States.

If we don’t want to incite radical Islamists, we need to stop these un-needed wars. It is high time we came to our senses, brought our troops home to defend our country, and pursued a Constitutional, pro-American foreign policy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/65186.html#more-65186

ResearchMonkey

of course.

hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day!
Is that a bumper-sticker communication minx? -- not that you might ever do that.

1283890223380.jpg

A picture is worth a thousand words.

ResearchMonkey

Hey Spike, and 2minkey...
Don't you all think this guy made a smart move calling it off?
its a one sided statement so far. This could be a troll.

the Imam is worried the terrorist might get offended if he doesn't build the terror mosque.

I think the next congress should make the building a national monument to the durability of landing gear.

ResearchMonkey

If the report is wrong it will get even more interesting.

I knew an old guy who used to roll cigarettes from the pages of pocket bibles. It was something he picked up during WWII and he continued until died.

catocom

I knew a couple of different guys who did that too.
Both of um liked the old PA in the can.
They are both dead now too.

I'd like to find a real nice bible that has those real thin rice type pages.
(not to smoke with though)
All they have around here are the standard ones.

spike

Jones is clearly a fucking nutcase. I don't know why anyone would believe a word this stupid troll says.

catocom

:roll2:

I'd have expected no less from you spike.

I guess the only thing that would satisfy you from this guy is if he did the hara-kiri thing.:p

MrBishop

The Pastor was lying through his teeth.
1) He never spoke with the Imam in NYC - he spoke with an Imam in FLA
2) He said that he'd agreed to stop the burning because the NY IMam had agreed to move the Mosque - the Imam in NY has no intention of moving it and never spoke with the man ever.

I don't understand why this putz was given that large a pulpit for his BS by the press.

New York imam Sheik Rauf issued a statement saying he was glad Mr Jones had decided not to burn any copies of the Koran, but denied he had agreed to a deal. "I have not spoken to Pastor Jones," he said. "I am surprised by their announcement. We are not going to toy with our religion or any other. Nor are we going to barter. We are here to extend our hands to build peace and harmony."http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...on-koran-burning/story-e6frg6so-1225917604353

catocom

The Pastor was lying through his teeth.
1) He never spoke with the Imam in NYC - he spoke with an Imam in FLA
2) He said that he'd agreed to stop the burning because the NY IMam had agreed to move the Mosque - the Imam in NY has no intention of moving it and never spoke with the man ever.

I don't understand why this putz was given that large a pulpit for his BS by the press.

New York imam Sheik Rauf issued a statement saying he was glad Mr Jones had decided not to burn any copies of the Koran, but denied he had agreed to a deal. "I have not spoken to Pastor Jones," he said. "I am surprised by their announcement. We are not going to toy with our religion or any other. Nor are we going to barter. We are here to extend our hands to build peace and harmony."http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...on-koran-burning/story-e6frg6so-1225917604353

so you want him dead then?

MrBishop

o.0 - ??!?

Hunh, cato? How'd you get that from what I posted?

No, I don't want him dead. I don't even want him silenced. I most of all don't want him getting the firestorm of press-time that he's been getting. If the press hadn't decided to run with in in a sensationalistic way, the event wouldn't have caused the stir that it has.

It would've been a local matter dealt with locally, probably by the fire-chief.
"Sorry, but you can't have a bonfire there. Find somewhere else."

The Pastor would've burned the books and nobody but his very small congregation would've been the wiser.

I blame the press for making this a world-wide event with commentary and consequences far beyond it's relevance.