TANJ

tonksy

Couldn't tell you, you couldn't curl my hair with 6 millivolts. Apparently those things always sell though :shrug:

Professur

Could you try them out on one of the girls? Maybe Rob would like some curls. V2.0's got seriously stubborn hair (like that's any contrast to the rest of her hear) but she's taken to trying to style it. These might do the trick .... it they're any good.

tonksy

Professur said:
Could you try them out on one of the girls? Maybe Rob would like some curls. V2.0's got seriously stubborn hair (like that's any contrast to the rest of her hear) but she's taken to trying to style it. These might do the trick .... it they're any good.
If I remember correctly V2.0's hair is thick so my girls wouldn't be the best bet. I could try on Robs....:rofl4:....I'll let you know.

Professur

Her hair's like mine. Very fine, but masses and masses of it. Won't do a damn thing. It's only now that I've gone so grey that my hair will go back with any consistancy. Her's just hangs like a drape.

tonksy

Okay, I heated them up and have 3 rollers, one of each size, in Rob's hair.
I don't know what you know about rollers so I am going to pretend you know nothing. The "ready lights" work, those are 2 of the medium size rollers with a red dot on the top which turn black when the rollers reach the perfect temp. the pins fit well onto the roller and over the hair. The roller grabs the hair better than some I have tried before, that would be because of the blue velvet stuff. Rob is not whining about heat so they must not put off too much but he did complain about a little pulling but that is to be expected.
Will post further upon removal.

Professur

Tonks said:
I don't know what you know about rollers so I am going to pretend you know nothing

You may yet be overestimating my knowledge.

Now, how much are people willing to pay for Rob in curlers???

tonksy

Okay, too late for pics. The curlers left a nice loose curl, but I did not roll them uber tight. If you take you fingers and run them through the curls and spray them with hairspray you get a loose bouncy curly look. If you brush them out and spray you get volume.
IMHO this is a good starter kit. Just remember that after you heat up the mechanism you need to leave the lid off to let it cool down.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Damn. I really wanna see them hot rollers in your hair too. Especially in a format I can put all over the web...

Lemme ponder it. Ten bucks is a pittance.

alex

Couldn't bear to read every post in the thread but.....

There was a girl selling some Rolling Stones tickets on ebay a few weeks ago and she had nothing on up top..... but the tickets. They sold for a nice price.

Professur

Well, I've been told that those curlers cost about $80 up here. I've also been told that V2.0's hair is too brittle for hot rollers.

Thanks anyways.