The good ol' 1 night stand (Question for the ladies)

chcr

Too cute for words
ash said:
i'd never have sex without love involved.
Tell me that twenty years from now.

I played guitar and sang in bars for twenty years or so. I might have had a one night stand or two in all that time. I was one of those assholish guys Lissa's talking about I guess. My wife thinks I've grown up and settled down. I suppose I have, but I think I could go back to it (well, everthing but the drinking). Actually, now that I think on it, there was a lot repeat business so maybe there weren't that many one nighters.There were a fair few though. Remember, I started this in the early seventies, before AIDS.
I really didn't care about fulfillment, and I don't think most of them did either. It's a different lifestyle for sure.

Might be harder now, I weigh forty more pounds and have 40% less hair.

Mirlyn

I could never have revengeful sex. With my luck, I'd end up contracting something. Then who's laughing?

AlladinSane

Nixy said:
..but I honestly believe you also have to be trully attracted to a person atleast in a physical sense to have sex.
That's the reason I wouldn't mind being "used" myself. It's better than being qualified "attractively" as a null...

MrBishop

It's the whole being used bit that bothers me - I don't like feeling used...can't imagine women do either. So...if it can be just sex without emotion...I'm off the hook...I don't owe anything to the 1-night fuck-buddy... but if it wasn't supposed to be a one nighter...then...not only were you fucked...you ARE fucked!

a13antichrist

Never had a one-night stand. That's because I've always become good friends with them afterwards and we continue to see each other as friends, with a bit of sex thrown in for good measure.

freako104

MrBishop said:
It's the whole being used bit that bothers me - I don't like feeling used...can't imagine women do either. So...if it can be just sex without emotion...I'm off the hook...I don't owe anything to the 1-night fuck-buddy... but if it wasn't supposed to be a one nighter...then...not only were you fucked...you ARE fucked!

actually Angel when i first saw her was supposed to be a one nighter. im glad she held me when she did cause it was then i couldnt leave her side and ended up dating her.now i cant unless in love. your not fucked if it wasnt supposed to be(unless something happens unexpectdly)

a13antichrist

Ladies...you've all felt used at one time or another...I felt used then.

Random people just bug me and make me feel used.

It's the whole being used bit that bothers me - I don't like feeling used...can't imagine women do either.

SO stop fucking thinking it has anything to do with being used then. You wanna fuck, s/he wants to fuck, that's all there is to it. Fuck I get sick of all this "errr she might be using me" shit. And then people wonder why I prefer France. :rolleyes:

Aunty Em

I've only had 1 1-nighter but that's because that's just the way it turned out. I've never had revenge sex, sounds too complicated and I wouldn't give anyone the satisfaction of thinking that I would descend to their level anyway - in such circumstances I prefer the moral highground... you can make them groval and suffer for longer! I'm a bit of a sadist at heart...:evilgrin:

SIOUX

Nixy said:
You don't need an emotional connection to have a good fuck but if you'r enot physically attracted to the person what's gonna get you all hot and bothered? I can't think of anything...

Amen to that, there's got to be that indefinable something to be able to get down and dirty with someone.

MrBishop

a13antichrist said:
SO stop fucking thinking it has anything to do with being used then. You wanna fuck, s/he wants to fuck, that's all there is to it. Fuck I get sick of all this "errr she might be using me" shit. And then people wonder why I prefer France. :rolleyes:

Vive le cul !!!

Long live 'le Fuck'

Dude...when it just happens...all you can think of is *YEAH TEAM* and "I got laid'. :
:elaugh4:

WHen you have a few years to think on it...that's when it gets complicated.

Aunty Em

Your moral/religious guilty conscience is showing... :)

The question is... did you learn anything useful from the experience? If you did, then why do you need to feel guilty about it?

chcr

Too cute for words
Sorry, I'm with a13 here. You want to fuck, she wants to fuck. Nobody is using anyone, everyone will be gratified (unless one or both of you are incompetent), what the hell are you waiting for.
:sex:

a13antichrist

MrBishop said:
Dude...when it just happens...all you can think of is *YEAH TEAM* and "I got laid'. :

Speak for yourself. When it just happens, I've gotten to know her well enough to know that we'll still be seeing each other from time to time and chatting about our current or potential partners.

Lemme let you in on a little secret.
Girls in NZ are obsessed with this idea of "being used". Dating is like sleeping with the enemy and rather than asking themselves "is he the right guy?" they ask "for how long will he be able to restrain himself from trying to use me?" One-night-stands happen when a girl gets too drunk to be bothered trying to figure out who's evil and whos not.
Guys, for their part, don't help things at all because they're so busy trying to prove their manhood to their mates by "getting laid" as many times as possible. From what I've seen of the US, this holds true for your corner of the world too.

In France, the guys are more or less the same - although a little more gentlemanly, and that they're proving their manhood to themselves, rather than to their mates.
The girls, on the other hand, couldn't care less about what the guys are thinking - if a chick likes the way a guy is hitting on her, what matters to her is whether he can show her a good time, and not whether he's gleefully smirking to himself about chalking another up for the team. One-night-stands come about because they've found each other sufficiently appealing and the girl feels like a decent shag.

Then we get to Sweden. Yeah, we all know about that, right? Bullshit.
It's not that the chicks are horny, it's that the guys have stopped all the macho bullshit and the girls are hence free to enjoy their sexuality as they please, without being labelled sluts or whores or witches.

Like I said earlier, I don't have one-night-stands because they all end up being good friends, some of which I sleep with, some I don't. But not one of them ever regretted it in the slightest, even if it wasn't all that great.

freako104

MrBishop said:
Vive le cul !!!

Long live 'le Fuck'

WHen you have a few years to think on it...that's when it gets complicated.

i never really felt that way. i was more cool i got it but it would have happened anyway:shrug: no need to get so excited for it

halamikage

The only person that I ever slept with, I thought was "the one" (naturally). I liked him a hell of a lot and I didn't realize at the time that he was using me just for sex. Not til a few months later did I actually realize this but after all these years, I can actually sit down with him and have a civil conversation.

As for the one-night thing, I don't think I can ever do it. (I know, never say never.) But I think I would get too emotionally attached. Speaking from being with only one person, I slept with him because I thought I was in love.

Vegence sex, don't think I do it either, I'd probably still be in love with the asshole to have sex with anyone else (someone that I wasn't in love with.) Plus I hate the whole being used/using someone bit.

AlladinSane

a13antichrist said:
Lemme let you in on a little secret.
Girls in NZ are obsessed with this idea of "being used". Dating is like sleeping with the enemy and rather than asking themselves "is he the right guy?" they ask "for how long will he be able to restrain himself from trying to use me?" One-night-stands happen when a girl gets too drunk to be bothered trying to figure out who's evil and whos not.
Guys, for their part, don't help things at all because they're so busy trying to prove their manhood to their mates by "getting laid" as many times as possible. From what I've seen of the US, this holds true for your corner of the world too.
This holds true for Brazil too. At least for the region I live in(South). I have no regrets sleeping with a friend and I would never lie about my feelings only to get laid. But women here are Shortminded on that aspect. They would rather feel used sleeping with a friend that enjoy her, than with an asshole that fill her hears with bullshit, even if turns out to be a 1 nighter later...

MrBishop

Never been to New Zealand, but I canèt see Kiwis being that much different from Cannucks. The sexual revolution never left...hereès the difference though... I never said that I minded, or felt used by any of the other 1-nighters that I had...only the one where I was used for more than just pleasure. I doubt that pleasure or nirvana was the main goal for that particular episode of Revenge-Sex.

If it had been jsut a quick (or not so quick)...fuck you very much...I wouldnèt be even thinking about used, other than *did I use a condom?*

My only real worry after the 2nd one was how much that broken sink was going to cost me and was it worth the shag to find out?

freako104

my only worry is that i havent gotten checked out yet and i dont know what happened after so i dont know if any of the girls got pregnant. it still bothers me today

tonksy

okay...so i caught a spider reading this and i thought it seemed like a interesting thread to bump.....what the fuck is revenge sex? revenge? sex is suppose to be about pleasure....hello?....i've had vengeful sex...that can be...wow...grudge fuck! nothing seems to iron out the creases better. :D

i have never had a one night stand...they always stick around...it's a pain in the ass...i mean, at least it was...i have no objection to them but i think guys that talk about how much they like you and wanna see you again just to get you in the sack are lame...give us some credit....most of the time we know it's a one night stand...or at least we expect it to be...so let's cut the crap, okay?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah, I mentioned vengeful sex and everyone went into revenge sex...*shrug*