The Mexican Left

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Has cajones. They, like the left everywhere, can't stand to not be in power & will destroy their own country to regain power but they are certainly dedicated.

AP

Bunch of wankers, I was watching it and they clearly said "we won't leave until the police and the military forces surrounding the Congress leave". Vicente Fox went to the Congress just as he said he would, presented a written inform then left to Los Pinos where he addressed the nation without interruptions.

The moment Vicente Fox left, the wankers left too. The police and the army is still there.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Then the only people we'd point & laugh at would be the libs. A little variety is nice.

Altron

So you just have to do whatever you do with all the bands with English names that start with "The" or is "the" a problem too?

"The" is not a problem because it's English. I speak English. I have no problem sorting English CDs.

I do not give a flying fuck about the spanish CDs because I do not speak spanish.

I refuse to go out of my way to accomadate people who refuse to accomadate me by speaking the language of the country I live in.

Altron

I don't have too much of a problem with them not speaking the language, until they expect preferential treatment for it. If you can survive in an entirely English nation without speaking a word of it, more power to you. If you want everybody to bend over backwards to help you understand, go fuck yourself.

3,600 in with a bang.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
"The" is not a problem because it's English. I speak English. I have no problem sorting English CDs.

I do not give a flying fuck about the spanish CDs because I do not speak spanish.

That's just dumbassness. You are getting paid to do that, if you don't like it just quit. On the other hand, if you come here, you'll find the CDs sorted properly, doesn't matter if it is english music or not. It takes more effort to bitch about it than put to work half a neuron to figure it out.

Altron

That's just dumbassness. You are getting paid to do that, if you don't like it just quit. On the other hand, if you come here, you'll find the CDs sorted properly, doesn't matter if it is english music or not. It takes more effort to bitch about it than put to work half a neuron to figure it out.

If they paid me to learn spanish, I would do it. Reading other languages is not in my job description. It's not what I got hired to do.

As I said earlier, I refuse to do it on principle, not because I couldn't figure it out.

Inkara1

Dude! You work retail! You get people to buy crap they don't need in order to feed a corporate machine. If that doesn't violate principles, I don't know what does. And since principles are already violated, what's one more? And the extra few seconds it takes to properly sort los and las CD titles will pay off, because you don't have people asking you those questions and you'll have more time to hit on Jeanine all day.

You've got to think these things through.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I buy tons of CDs. If I want it, I'll find it whether you stock it properly or not.

That being said, I don't buy any with los or las anydamnthing as the artist. Closest I get is L.A. Guns...

spike

I refuse to go out of my way to accomadate people who refuse to accomadate me by speaking the language of the country I live in.

What, you want all bands to be named in English? I'm assuming your store carries music that is actually from other countries. Then there's a lot of bands that sing in english but their name is another language.

Depeche Mode, Rammstein, have to change their names for you? What about made up/misspelled words like Phish, Def Leppard, Chumbawamba, Korn
, NSYNC, and Hoobastank? That's gotta drive you mad.

BeardofPants

For someone who harps on about english, it is interesting to note that you can't even spell "accommodate" correctly. :rolleyes: Oh, and it's completely moronic to refuse to organise cds by their names whether they are english or not. Do you apply this flawed logic to classical music as well?

Altron

Dude! You work retail! You get people to buy crap they don't need in order to feed a corporate machine. If that doesn't violate principles, I don't know what does. And since principles are already violated, what's one more? And the extra few seconds it takes to properly sort los and las CD titles will pay off, because you don't have people asking you those questions and you'll have more time to hit on Jeanine all day.

You've got to think these things through.

I don't like people who live in America and can't speak English.

Very few people actually purchase CDs from that section. Usually the ones that do can find it fine themselves.

On average, it's about once every 4 months someone asks me for a CD from that section. It takes, on average, about 3 minutes for me to either locate a CD or reach the conclusion that it is missing and further time spent looking would be futile.

Now, the CDs get put out once every couple of days. It takes more than 3 minutes to put them in the right order.

And it's usually at the end of the day, when I have been there for like 12 hours and I want to get as home as quickly as humanly possible. If that means the spanish CDs are poorly stocked, fine by me.

Altron

What about the poeple who visit America that can't speak english but are willing to spend money at your store?

I don't want them to buy CDs if they're only visiting the country.

My department operates at a loss, constantly. We exist only to draw in customers.

There are four things that make a profit:
Big TVs (usually like 20-25% markup)
Warranties
PC Installs/HT Installs/Roadshop Installs
PC Services

EVERYTHING else is sold at cost, or slightly below cost. Every customer that buys a CD, we lose money on. If that customer comes back and spends $3,000 on a plasma that costs us $2,500, $500 on a warranty, and $500 on an install that costs us $100, we make a profit.