The Mexican Left

Altron

I used to have cold feet about saying "ANYTHING" when it came to the warranties. I've asked management about it many times and they've always said "YES, it covers EVERYTHING except theft and fire"
Sometimes I get a customer who bought a warranty from bestbuy or another shitty store like that, thought it was accidental, but it wasn't. I explain how we have two different ones and how the more expensive (usually 1.5x-2x the price of the regular one) one DOES cover accidental stuff. If they still have cold feet, I'll just page one of the managers, and have him back me up. That always works well.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Will that manager be available to the repiar dept folks when the customer slips on the ice in January & drops the laptop in front of the Guvinators humvee?

Altron

We don't have a repair department.

There are two kinds of warranties - replacement, and inhome repair. Repair is just for TVs, PCs, and stereos. The tech goes to your house and fixes it. If the same problem happens 3 times, they replace it.

Replacement is treated just like a return. There are two types, in-store and by mail.

The one I typically sell is the mail one, because that's the one for MP3 players. You break it, there's a number you call. They send you a prepaid box. You put the MP3 player and all accessories in it. UPS picks it up. 5-7 days later, you get a giftcard for the purchase amount in the mail.

There is an in-store one too. You break it, you come in, we give you a giftcard for the purchase amount, def it, and send it back to the manufacturer for them to fix.

I know that the mail one is a one-shot deal, after you use it, it's gone. Gotta check with the in-store one too, dunno about that. All the stuff I sell warranties on (MP3 players and game systems) is by mail.

Mirlyn

I used to have cold feet about saying "ANYTHING" when it came to the warranties. I've asked management about it many times and they've always said "YES, it covers EVERYTHING except theft and fire"
Sometimes I get a customer who bought a warranty from bestbuy or another shitty store like that, thought it was accidental, but it wasn't. I explain how we have two different ones and how the more expensive (usually 1.5x-2x the price of the regular one) one DOES cover accidental stuff. If they still have cold feet, I'll just page one of the managers, and have him back me up. That always works well.
Doesn't matter who promises what (isn't a coincidence that everyone here promising me everything will get a cut if this sale goes through? ;)), whoever actually processes the claims better have a say in it.

I've seen (and used) accidental warranties, I've just never seen a standard warranty explicity honoring software installed by the user. Seems like saying Ford would give me a new car if I decided to add a DVD system to the Explorer and end up shorting out half the onboard electronics.

I'd think one more MSBlaster outbreak would send the warranty companies lawyers to the stores to scribble in a disclaimer. After all, it was just a simple hard drive crash...

Altron

Doesn't matter who promises what (isn't a coincidence that everyone here promising me everything will get a cut if this sale goes through? ;)), whoever actually processes the claims better have a say in it.

I've seen (and used) accidental warranties, I've just never seen a standard warranty explicity honoring software installed by the user. Seems like saying Ford would give me a new car if I decided to add a DVD system to the Explorer and end up shorting out half the onboard electronics.

I'd think one more MSBlaster outbreak would send the warranty companies lawyers to the stores to scribble in a disclaimer. After all, it was just a simple hard drive crash...

Well, since PCs are in-home, the tech would come by and re-image the machine, not replacing the hardware unless neccessary.

That's why our big-ticket serviceable things are inhome, not replacement.

Not sure how accidental for PCs works, never sold it, probably never will.

Mirlyn

Well, since PCs are in-home, the tech would come by and re-image the machine, not replacing the hardware unless neccessary.

That's why our big-ticket serviceable things are inhome, not replacement.

Not sure how accidental for PCs works, never sold it, probably never will.
Ah, but you said you'd replace my laptop if the hard drive crashes. Well, I just got a virus and my computer blue screens now. I'd say my hard drive just crashed. So you don't really give me a new one, do you? ;) Or, is there someone at the store who has the ability and technical know-how to diagnose and officially approve/decline the minor problem with my laptop and send me on my way with a hot-off-the-shelf replacement?

Altron

Ah, but you said you'd replace my laptop if the hard drive crashes. Well, I just got a virus and my computer blue screens now. I'd say my hard drive just crashed. So you don't really give me a new one, do you? ;) Or, is there someone at the store who has the ability and technical know-how to diagnose and officially approve/decline the minor problem with my laptop and send me on my way with a hot-off-the-shelf replacement?

I mean hard drive failure, not an OS error.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
The mexican left is DEAD :rofl4:

Polls may bode ill for López Obrador efforts

11:03 PM CDT on Thursday, October 5, 2006

By LAURENCE ILIFF / The Dallas Morning News

MEXICO CITY – Two opinion polls published Thursday show the leftist Party of the Democratic Revolution trailing by 9 percentage points in the gubernatorial race in the southern state of Tabasco, considered a key measure of the party's support.

Analysts say a loss would complicate the nascent social movement led by the party's losing presidential candidate, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, who calls himself the nation's legitimate president and has been campaigning in his native Tabasco for the PRD, as the party is known.

Mr. López Obrador has said the Tabasco election is important for his future as he tries to form a parallel government and create a civil rights-like movement that would eventually come to power on a platform of "the poor come first."

A loss for the PRD in Tabasco, Mr. López Obrador has said, would open the door to critics who say that he has lost his political strength even in his home state.

Mr. López Obrador lost the presidential race by less than 0.5 percent of the vote but easily won his home state with 57 percent of the vote.

The Tabasco polls appeared 10 days before the election, and both of them, in rival Mexico City newspapers El Universal and Reforma , showed PRD candidate César Raúl Ojeda trailing by 9 points. In first place was Andrés Granier of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/world/stories/100606dnintmexico.2492c2e.html

He already has proof of fraud (it would seem like I'm joking and I am but it is true), 'cause he knows he'll need something to justify the party's defeat.

LMAO

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The mexican left is DEAD :rofl4:

The left is the left, Mexican, American, Russian, whatever.

He already has proof of fraud (it would seem like I'm joking and I am but it is true), 'cause he knows he'll need something to justify the party's defeat.

They'll start putting stories in the press about how losing may actually be a winning move.

The Left is the Left.