The OTC Dual-BBQ thread

Mirlyn

got most of my pics up for now....lots more, but I haven't the time (nearly 300 total :D).

You guys should be able to sign up and upload to your hearts content now. :headbang:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Mirlyn said:
got most of my pics up for now....lots more, but I haven't the time (nearly 300 total :D).

You guys should be able to sign up and upload to your hearts content now. :headbang:
Gonna sign up when I get home, get my not-so-vast amount of pics up there too. By the way, for those who can't wait, there is a small sample at this site

Good weekend in all and a great way to end an amazing vacation.

Now the thank you's

Thanks to Cam for putting me up and putting up with me for 4 weeks
Thanks to Bish, MrsBish and BishJr for the BBQ and some other stuff too (thanks for that guys)
Thanks to Paul and Uki for the BBQ at their place

MrBishop

Mirlyn said:

Not getting anything from work...will try from hom later :) BTW...size maximums?

Mirlyn

MrBishop said:
Not getting anything from work...will try from hom later :) BTW...size maximums?

Can you get to glowingfields.com? Similar problems as you're having over at PiL? Also try http://www.glowingfields.com/otc04/

Limits to users are the following:
Max size for uploaded files (KB): 1024
Max width or height for uploaded pictures/videos (pixels): 2048
Quota: 0

Basically nothing bigger than a meg (might time out with anything bigger...but pm me if you have something bigger and I'll put it up manually) and nothing bigger than 2048 pixels in width or height. Mine are all full size originals, so nobody should have a problem with anything. Please let me know if you do. :)

Uki Chick

Great Pics so far Mirlyn! Can't wait to see more.

Raven, it was a pleasure to have you at our place and we hope you keep in touch. It was great to meet you and everyone else.

To all, thanks for the great memories and we can't wait to do this again! From Paul_Valaru and myself, it was the least we can do to host the bbq and have some of you stay with us. We tried to be good hosts and we hope you enjoyed your stay.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Paul said:
we had people over?
*Knock Knock

Hey, it was really nice of y'all to give me this laptop in the basement and all, but could someone please unlock the door now? Please?

Uki Chick

PuterTutor said:
*Knock Knock

Hey, it was really nice of y'all to give me this laptop in the basement and all, but could someone please unlock the door now? Please?

Who told you to speak? You're staying right where you are!

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
PuterTutor said:
*Knock Knock

honey, looks like we forgot to dismember one!!!

HomeLAN

paul_valaru said:
It was an amazing time,and I can't wait for the next one (I was promised the GOOD bedroom, does that come with hot and cold running blonds, if not it's ok, I can live with just the hot ones)

Does this mean y'all are coming down here for next year's? Cool!

Uki Chick

HomeLAN said:
Does this mean y'all are coming down here for next year's? Cool!

We'll see what happens. Depends on the budget, time off, days, and if I have a bun in the oven.

Camelyn

Nixy said:
OK, so, I wasn't gonna post this YET but here is Cam...in BishJR's kiddie pool...I am tired so I shall let someone else explain to you what happen :D

Well gee thanks Nix. Nice that ya went and posted this...

Cooooooool

Yay......

Cause hey, twas loads of fun being all wet and uncomfortable stuff. :p

*Chases Nixy around with a wet towel and a smelly damp dog for due punishment* :D

MrBishop

Camelyn said:
Well gee thanks Nix. Nice that ya went and posted this...

Cooooooool

Yay......

Cause hey, twas loads of fun being all wet and uncomfortable stuff. :p

*Chases Nixy around with a wet towel and a smelly damp dog for due punishment* :D

But the reaction was priceless :D

normal_nixy_tonks_chris_reaction.jpg

MrBishop

The Bish review:

My BBQs tend to be pretty mcuha ll over the place, especially when it comes to the people.this year, it was obviously different because I had more than 2 Americans there. :) This was also my first Brit visit.

Started off slowly...mostly with all of the people that MrsBish had never met before showing up first. They even arrived before my bro-in-law :)

Out of a red pickup come Unc, Tonks, Paul, StopLaughing, Uki, Nixy and Chris. I was wrestling with the tent and they helped out somewhat, until I could walk them all into my kitchen to actually meet MrsBish.

Quick hellos and out everyone went except for Tonks. Tonks, it seems, is not the kind of person that you can take into a kitchen and quickly out of again, without a fight. She insisted on helping out in the kitchen and was quickly put to work chopping and peeling veggies...ye gads!! The woman's a walking, talking food processor :D Thank for the help btw!!!

Eventually people startted showing up and we ended up with about 38 people in my back yard..not too bad. After a while, the groups split up and actually started mingling. There was the unfortunate pool incident, lots of food...and i do mean LOTS!...dessert (I need to get the recipie for Tonks' peach and blueberry cobbler), quite a bit of drinking and conversation. Altogether...it went well and most seemed to have fun.

I had almost forgotten that Tonks and Unc came from warmer areas until they put on sweaters :D

SL - far too quiet for a guy with a hell of a sense of humour.
Nixy - a sweetheart online and offline
Chris - didn't get a lot of chance to talk with him but he seemed nice
Unc - quiet and reserved when he wasn't excited and talkative :D
Tonks - social butterfly, a real charmer and right handy in the kitchen :)
Mir - relativly quiet..or so I thought until Paul&Nat's BBQ. Hell of a guy!
Stewey - has some of that Brit reserve that I keep hearing about, and then again..the touch of Python about him too :D
Paul - real lunatic...you've seen the photos...now imagine them moving :D
Uki - nice lady, great with kids and always smiling

In comparison to Paul's BBQ...I didn't really get a chance to talk with anyone for long. That's hosting for you. :p

At Paul and uki's BBQ, I learned that Unc makes one hell of a pizza pie!!! Buddy should seriously open a restaurant!!! Prof's lazagna was as tangy as ever. Nixy's pasta dish was lovely for my tastebuds although difficult to serve :) Paul and Uki have a lovely home and are excellent hosts.

I'll post individual stories later...including explaining what Bishjr was doing up in Paul's face :D