The OTC Dual-BBQ thread

Professur

Begging your pardon, but Prof's lasagna wasn't worth the time it took to make it. Sorry, Unc, but the alergy-proofing wrecked it. I tried.

Stop Laughing

OK, time for me to check in now. No problems with the flight, no matter how much I tried making it land next to my house (it was on the way, come on! :D) Food was great all weekend, but it was spoiled by a bad burger at the airport I'm gonna spend all night getting rid of (Paul and Nat, be very glad this didn't happen while I was there, trust me). I owe many thank yous to everyone as well. Of course Paul and Nat, thank you both so much for the room, especially on the short notice, and for running a great party, and the day after when we were all just 'borderline' dead, and also for The Talisman, it's about time I started reading again. Thanks to Stewey for showing me around Montreal for the 2+ hours until my arms were falling off from carrying my bag the whole time and splitting the cab with me to the airport earlier today (he's probably through with Philly now and on his flight home from there), our schedules worked out perfectly that our flights left a half hour apart, and I thought we got split up at check-in 'cause Air Canada's line was huge and he got through his in no time, but he found me, stuck on the phone (I had been there for a while, so I don't have to say who I was talking to). Thanks to Bish for his great BBQ as well, and instructions a little too easy for me to follow (I needed gimmicks to really feel at home ;) ). Thanks to everyone else for all of the things they brought (mostly beer, lots of it), I'm sure you'll remember the names of what I drank better than I do (especially Rob and tonksy, they've got the whole collection). And thanks to all the rest of you for the great time we had together at the parties. My only regret is that I forgot my camera (I still can't believe I forgot it... :eek: ) here at the house, while you all got a ton of pics from the parties, I missed out on my own pics, even if my flash doesn't work, there would've been some wonderful shots from the planes too, I'm sure. This was simply awesome. :)

Uki Chick

Professur said:
Begging your pardon, but Prof's lasagna wasn't worth the time it took to make it. Sorry, Unc, but the alergy-proofing wrecked it. I tried.

Prof, your lasagna was great. With all the alergy proofing and all, I loved it!

HomeLAN

Tonks, it seems, is not the kind of person that you can take into a kitchen and quickly out of again, without a fight.

Oh, it can be done. You need a moat and some guard dogs, but it can be done. ;)

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
embarrassing stories?

only tell your own!!

Mine was not embarrassing but funny, little bish jr. saw "cookie" (the mushrooms dog) licking my face, and I guess he thought it was a great idea..cause he climbed into my lap, sat himself down, and I thought I was gonan get a kiss on the cheek....but then he stuck out his tongue started at my jaw and in one wet slurp went all the way up to my temple, due to the laughing (myself included) he decided this was THE crowdpleaser, and continued for a number of minutes, then he stopped

Until we decided to take the group picture.

Oh yes, thanks to the bish for the BBQ, and to Mrs. Bish for the patcharel

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:

it was good!!!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Oh fiddle sticks!

Uki gave the OK to post pics of Tonks kicking Paul's arse but the only one I have it LOOKS like Tonksy is winning...even though I remember and despite the fact she was on the ground she still had his arm twisted and he was in paid :D

unclehobart

Tonks was the one with the sweater. I don't even think I own one. I certainly didn't bring any extra covering to the BBQ deBish. At the BBQ of Paul/Uki, I put on a leather jacket ... not for cold... for a mosquito barrier. They cropped up by the 100s at dusk and were lustily assaulting my arms.

I was quiet and reserved only because of being a bit under the weather. Outside of that, I'm a bit of a madman as well.

The lasagna was fab. Worry thou not.

The pizza kudos are 50/50 with Tonks. The end results are always a collaborative effort. Her stone, my crust, UN style bickering over the topping structure.... viola!

tonksy

but the crust is all rob (save for some spicing directions on my behalf). although, i was proud of my caramelized onion and jalapeno/red pepper sauce on the third pie.

prof? the lasagna was good....and same to SL's italian beef!

MrBishop

paul_valaru said:
Oh yes, thanks to the bish for the BBQ, and to Mrs. Bish for the patcharel

Pacharan :D
Pacharán, the navarran liqueur

Pacharán is a drink which surprises because of its pink colour and deliciously sweet taste. It is an excellent companion of good moments and capable of closing a meal with a happy ending. It can be drunk alone, on the rocks or it can be used to enrich a cocktail prepared by an expert barman with imagination and taste.

The origins of pacharán date back many centuries to the distiled products made by winegrowers in Navarra. Along the lines of anisettes, they began making blends of herbs and wild fruits; among these the pacharán or sloe berry, which became popular due to the medicinal properties found in this drink, especially good for stomach troubles, digestion, childbirth and to alleviate the pains of old age. The base of the pacharán is the fruit of a wild bush known as Prunus Espinosa which awards this drink all its typical characteristics. In Spanish, this fruit is also called endrina or arañón. It is round, very dark blue, covered by a delicate wyhite powder.

Pacharán is made through the maceration of the sloe berries in alcohol to which aniseed essence is added before and after. Maceration is carried out for a minimum of one month and a maximum of eight. Once maceration is complete, the liqueur is decanted and filtered in order to achieve the characteristics of pacharán from Navarra. Bodegas Irache markets this drink under two labels, Midas and Monjes de Irache, with all the character typical of this Navarran product and following the tradition and methods used by its peoples but adding the necessary technics to obtain an improved industrial product, without losing its authenticity. The resulting pacharán is cherry-red with tawny hues. In the nose, we can appreciate aniseed and varietal aromas in perfect balance. It is smooth and clean in the mouth. Midas pacharán has 25% alcohol while Monjes de Irache has 28% alcohol and has undergone maceration with a greater number of sloe berries and final selection of the product.

That mass-produced stuff only has 28% acl. The home-made stuff that we served you has at least 35% :D

Lovely ain't it :la:

Uki Chick

MrBishop said:
Pacharan :D

That mass-produced stuff only has 28% acl. The home-made stuff that we served you has at least 35% :D

Lovely ain't it :la:

I'm just glad he didn't have too much of it. He had enough to drink by the time we left your place.

By the way, MrsBish was gonna see if my dad's empty bottle of wine was left behind. She said she would keep it for me since my dad takes them back.

MrBishop

Uki Chick said:
I'm just glad he didn't have too much of it. He had enough to drink by the time we left your place.

By the way, MrsBish was gonna see if my dad's empty bottle of wine was left behind. She said she would keep it for me since my dad takes them back.

We looked, but didn't find it. Sorry...maybe we can replce it?

As for the Pacharan...he dind't have that much. Sure, we have a few bottles worth of the stuff, but we can only replace it when we travel to Spain. :shrug:

Unc - wasn't sure about the contents...wouldn't be prudent. Sorry.

MrBishop

tonksy said:
they hid in the kitchen and i missed it too...mayhap they thought we would guzzle it all?

Ooh...remember those peppers that you sampled from my garden? I knew that there was something wrong with them when you poo-poohed the spicyness. They hadn't ripened yet :)

A few of them have reached their blood-purple colour. Tried one yesterday....OMG!!! Huge difference between them and the greens...HUGE!

tonksy

MrBishop said:
Ooh...remember those peppers that you sampled from my garden? I knew that there was something wrong with them when you poo-poohed the spicyness. They hadn't ripened yet :)

A few of them have reached their blood-purple colour. Tried one yesterday....OMG!!! Huge difference between them and the greens...HUGE!
mmm...you know...i do have a mailing address ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
Professur said:
Oh it was! I loved it....and the pasta....and the italian beef....and the pizzas!

Stop Laughing

I'm always up for a pigging out, especially when the food was this good!

BTW, for reference, the Italian Beef recipe can be found here. Was still good the next day when we scarfed up the leftovers, mmmm.