The "rich" needs a tax break

flavio

Banned
So Jerrek how are you going to pay for school tuition, rent, utilities, a car payment, insurance and food on 4 months of income this year?

Jeslek

Banned
flavio said:
So Jerrek how are you going to pay for school tuition, rent, utilities, a car payment, insurance and food on 4 months of income this year?
One semester pays for the next... In this case, I'm living off money I earned from Sept - Dec last year. From April - Aug I will be earning money again to pay for Sept - Dec this year. I fail to see why you are so sarcastic?

flavio

Banned
That's a lot of bills to be paying for a year on 4 months income. What is this school? It must be super cheap.

Jeslek

Banned
flavio said:
That's a lot of bills to be paying for a year on 4 months income. What is this school? It must be super cheap.
Are you always this daft or are you making a special efford today? Understand the concept... It works in groups of 8 months. EIGHT months. 4 months work pays for the next 4 months. The money I use this semester comes from last year. The money I will be using end of year I will earn next semester.

Tuition at UoW costs about $3,000 a semester for five courses. Accomodation runs me $425 a month and that includes utilities.

flavio

Banned
Tuition at UoW costs about $3,000 a semester for five courses. Accomodation runs me $425 a month and that includes utilities.

So then you have a car payment, insurance, food, clothing, and any fun items right?

I'll revise my statement to-> that's a lot of bills to be paing on 6 months income.

So if you don't pay taxes and your parents don't pay your taxes is it because you don't make enough to be taxable?

Q

Well, I don't get how you can say you work full time. You either work 4 month or 8 months in any given year. I've been working full time for the last 25 years. It's always comes out to 12 months a year.:confuse3:

Jeslek

Banned
flavio said:
So then you have a car payment, insurance, food, clothing, and any fun items right?
Yep

I'll revise my statement to-> that's a lot of bills to be paing on 6 months income.
Yes it is. Which is why I don't have a lot of money lying around.

So if you don't pay taxes and your parents don't pay your taxes is it because you don't make enough to be taxable?
I do pay CPP and EI. You just don't listen do you?

Well, I don't get how you can say you work full time. You either work 4 month or 8 months in any given year. I've been working full time for the last 25 years. It's always comes out to 12 months a year.
Is the system of co-op that hard to understand? I don't study 12 months a year either, but I am considered a full time student. I don't work 12 months a year either, but I am considered a full time employee.

flavio

Banned

I do pay CPP and EI. You just don't listen do you?

That's avoiding the question (or being "daft"). So I'll reword it. Since you don't pay any federal income tax and your parents don't pay your federal income tax is it because you don't make enough to be taxable? If not why is it?

flavio

Banned
Is the system of co-op that hard to understand? I don't study 12 months a year either, but I am considered a full time student. I don't work 12 months a year either, but I am considered a full time employee.

Work is different than school. Many real full-time employees would be insulted by your insinuation that you are a full time employee.

Jeslek

Banned
Yep, I don't make enough to be taxable. Had I had an income for 9 months of the year or more I would have had to pay federal income tax. And with the recent pay increase, I will be paying federal income tax in two years (because this year I will only work for 4 months).

Q

Jerrek said:
Not hard to understand at all. I work full time. You work part time.

Jeslek

Banned
flavio said:

Work is different than school. Many real full-time employees would be insulted by your insinuation that you are a full time employee.
Well let them be insulted. I'm not the one making up the rules or definitions! How can it be my fault? ?(

Jeslek

Banned
Q said:
Jerrek said:
Not hard to understand at all. I work full time. You work part time.
No you work full time. I work full time too. Part of the year. I am considered a full time employee. SIMILARLY, when the bank asks if I'm a full time student or a part time student, I put down FULL TIME student because I am a full time student. At least that is how it is defined. Coop is a way of being a full time student and a full time employee at the same time.

Jeslek

Banned
Squiggy said:
Yes likewise... lol... I get full time student benefits at the bank, I get full time student benefits when buying software, and I also get full time employee benefits, not part time.

Q

It's getting really tough to keep all the bullshit straight.

When you go to the bank and tell them you are a full time student, are you there applying for a government subsidized loan, at a lower interest rate due to the fact that you are a student?