The "unforgiveable" sin

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
*Smacks forehead.

Duh....

That was nice of em to give you a three day weekend after staying for one whole day. :D

Ms Ann Thrope

Re: The

Starya said:
I disagree. Well, not on the part that there are people who honestly don't want help or benefit from it. The thing is, many mentally ill will refuse help at some stage. The might get over that stage. They might eventually be helped, and find life worth living. If suicide was an "acceptable" option many might not get to that stage. Then the question is; which is better, for people who could have been helped to die, or for people who cannot be helped to live?

Every case is different. There are people who could have been helped who died before anyone could reach them. There are others who continue to take up space and exhaust resources for no good reason. I can't say which is worse. I only know that I have always considered suicide to be a perfectly valid option, and would never hold it against someone's memory if that had been their choice. :shrug:

PT

Did you let them know that Monday is your usual day to pick up hookers?

Starya

Ms Ann Thrope said:
I only know that I have always considered suicide to be a perfectly valid option, and would never hold it against someone's memory if that had been their choice. :shrug:
Neither would I. If a person is dead he is dead, and I would not let the way he died be the thing I remembered about that person.

Squiggy

ThunderDick
Didn't want to do that till I finished negotiating a price with juror 8...If she knows i have a Monday deadline, she'll hold out for a better offer....:retard:

Rose

PT - Squiggy - Take it to private messages. ;) Woulda said pms, but that would probably have caused even more ... :p

Leslie - I see what your'e saying. But let's say the dad killed someone else instead of himself, would that be more forgiveable?

AlphaTroll

Suicide might be the end for that person and yes, we want to remember them as they were in life - hold on to the good memories. But unfortunately by commiting suicide they leave a legacy of pain & confusion too. For the ones left behind it's difficult to deal with the person's death as well as the questions of what you could have done to stop it. It haunts you and I say this because I saw someone commit suicide when I was 9, 17 years have gone by and I still wonder why she did it & what could have driven her to it.

As for whether or not suicide is worse than murder or if you'll be denied entrance to heaven or whatever you believe in because of it, I don't know, it's not for me to decide or judge anyway.

PT

I've got an ex-brother-in-law that commited suicide when his kids were 4 and 1. It was the best thing he had ever done for them...

Squiggy

ThunderDick

Rose said:
Leslie - I see what your'e saying. But let's say the dad killed someone else instead of himself, would that be more forgiveable?

For the kids? Of course it would....It would still be confusing but at least there wouldn't be those thoughts that they weren't good enough for him to want to hang around...

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member

Rose said:
Why do you bestow the serious threads (abortion, suicide) with Ris? :curious:
cuz he was dumb enough to want to mod the RealWorld forum *poke2*

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member

AlphaTroll said:
Does OTC fund his supply of anti-depressants in return?
this is volunteer at your own risk work :lol2:

*edit - maybe it's more like :banghead: or :nuts:

freako104

i dont think there is supposesd to be one but you cant make amends if you do or something. when you murder someone you can repent. to me it all amounts to bullshit.