This'll make you afraid to boil water.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I was boiling some water to make some ramen noodles... and this fly just hovers over the pan for a fraction of a second and suddenly makes a nosedive into the water... It exploded on contact and 4 cups of water went down the drain.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Me too, especially if he exploded, it would just be like chunks of pepper in the Ramen. If that grosses you out, the put some pepper in it, that way you won't know what is pepper and what is protein. :wink2:

Mirlyn

PuterTutor said:
Me too, especially if he exploded, it would just be like chunks of pepper in the Ramen. If that grosses you out, the put some pepper in it, that way you won't know what is pepper and what is protein. :wink2:
I like the way you think....:wink2:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
:rofl4: You guys are more nuts than I thought. That fly's been hanging around here for like a week, I have no idea where it's been... It could've had a feast in my cat's litterbox for all I know... Rather safe than sorry. :beerbang:

Mirlyn

fury said:
:rofl4: You guys are more nuts than I thought. That fly's been hanging around here for like a week, I have no idea where it's been... It could've had a feast in my cat's litterbox for all I know... Rather safe than sorry. :beerbang:
Yeah, I suppose so. Never know where that fly's been...
flies.jpeg

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Hmmmm. So you never ate a bug? Guess it doesn't get as boring in Indiana as it does in Iowa.

SexyBoo

PuterTutor said:
:rofl2:

HeXp£Øi±

fury said:

It's ok they're clean animals. I know. I've watched them vomit stomach acid on their food before they eat it to make sure it's sanitary, that includes kitty litter.

Mirlyn

paul_valaru said:
I ate fried crickets

they are actually a good snack food

(they sell them at the insecterium)
A friend made fried grasshoppers for the scouts at camp. They were a success. Tasted like burnt sugar.

tonksy

a frog got into my bathtub one day, scared the hell out of me couldn't see him for the bubbles. i'm all trying to get him out of the tub and nearly break my neck.

Mirlyn

tonks said:
a frog got into my bathtub one day, scared the hell out of me couldn't see him for the bubbles. i'm all trying to get him out of the tub and nearly break my neck.
One of those kinds that float? I hated those toys when I was a kid.

AnomalousEntity

Eh.

The acids in your stomach can pretty much dissolve anything.

Heck, a regular coke can dissolve a human tooth or a nail, so I reckon a little fly action is ok.

What you have to worry about is one of the few contaminants that can survive in the human stomach commonly referred to as "food poision".

It isnt the fly that bothers me, its what might be on the fly.

Still, if the damm water were boiling hot it would literally have about a snowballs chance in hell of making you sick, so yea I would have ate the noodles.

But then again, who of us fishermen hasnt set there with fish and dead worm all over our hands while chomping down on a sandwich and a can of beanie wenies?