Thrift store drama

tonksy

DUDES!!!!! We got a commercial post card in the mail yesterday advertising the Grand Opening of a new Goodwill just a tick down the road...course the opening was last week but we went today! We scored big! BIG!!! we waltzed outta there spending on $250 with what would have cost us brand new several thousand! I have soooo much inventory now! Alot of this stuff still has the tags! :D
AND THEN as we are driving by our neighbors we notice a sweet wooden doll house sitting next to the trash....having no shame I get and and look at it. Heavy as heck with a staircase and matching gazebo, in the trunk it goes! BUT WAIT! Next to the doll house was a cardboard box and thinking it might be furniture for the house or something I look inside. IT WAS ABSOLUTELY FILLED WITH DISNEY VHS TAPE STILL IN THE CASES!!!!!! Obviously somebody upgraded to DVD. SCORE!!!!!

tonksy

That's why we spent so much there, good name brands :shrug:
I left a pair of Todd Oldham jeans on the rack because they were missing the size tag.

unclehobart

Professur said:
A goodwill store in a neighbourhood where a shack goes for a quarter mil. Brilliant.
Dude... Its a gravity well for top dollar castoffs. Its a dream come true.

oh... and the shacks are 400+

unclehobart

Professur said:
Have I mentionned that I think Rob is a very clear thinker? Unlike Ron, who's a sleeze bucket.
All thought and no application... unlike Ron... he can play the guitar and has a masters degree in tight pants.

Slim Pickens

Tonks! Can you get me a list of titles? We should coordinate on our Disney titles, so we can make sure we have copies at each house. I bought one of those DVD recorders, but I still haven't hooked it up. When I do, Roz and I are gonna start converting all VHS to DVD. Multiple copies, of course. :)

Professur

Slim Pickens said:
Tonks! Can you get me a list of titles? We should coordinate on our Disney titles, so we can make sure we have copies at each house. I bought one of those DVD recorders, but I still haven't hooked it up. When I do, Roz and I are gonna start converting all VHS to DVD. Multiple copies, of course. :)
Y'know. If someone had the bandwidth, we could set up a streaming server for the kids to watch.

tonksy

I'll get you the list. We (meaning us, you guys, or Susu) have most of the titles, in either VHS or DVD, though.

nalani

Man tonks .. I'm so jealous. Our Goodwill here is crap. On O'ahu it's not too bad - and they have "Savers". But still - it's just the same crap that came from here to begin with :D

Let me ask you though - around here, at Sallie's and Willy's, everything has that 'musty-moldy' smell. Do you have a problem with that there?

tonksy

Only occasionally. Everything gets washed, though...unless it has it's tags, meaning it was never worn. Oxyclean and fabric softener with febreze in it works wonders! I have recently bought my first Dryel set up to clean dry cleanable objecta at home, so hopefully that works well!