Thrift store drama

unclehobart

That truly depends upon how long the garments have been deep storaged before being given over to goodwill. Most of the garments are perfectly fine... but some reek of attic/closet mold/mustiness.

nalani

Our of curiousity, how much were the Todd Oldham jeans going for?

Out here, on those rare occasions that something of that quality would come up, worn of course, they're pricey by thrift store standards.

tonksy

nalani said:
Our of curiousity, how much were the Todd Oldham jeans going for?

Out here, on those rare occasions that something of that quality would come up, worn of course, they're pricey by thrift store standards.
$4.53...:laugh5:
The jeans are all the same price.

tonksy

I love the thrifts!
I made an interesting find today, though...It's a shirt from PZI Denim Jeans co, still has it's store tags (and $39 price tag). I looked it up on ebay and the only thing I could find under PZI as far as clothes were concerned was a pair of worn jeans that sold for just under $50. The shirt says made in Canada on the size tag....I wonder if it's a good brand up there. Any Canadians heard of it?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tonksy said:
Only occasionally. Everything gets washed, though...unless it has it's tags, meaning it was never worn. Oxyclean and fabric softener with febreze in it works wonders! I have recently bought my first Dryel set up to clean dry cleanable objecta at home, so hopefully that works well!
GAIN!!!!!

no, really.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
He keeps laughing at me cause I keep smelling the clothes and generally acting like the Gain commercials, but I don`t care, I like it :laugh:

nalani

I love Gain .. but once, I bought a particular dryer sheet and I can't remember which one it was (what brand or scent) and it just did not jive well with the detergent .. needless to say ... it was not pleasant :D

unclehobart

Not a fan of 'new car smell' dryer sheets, eh?... ;)

I love the ones called 'spring meadow' and such. Fankly, I didn't know spring meadows smell like someone stomping on a reeky perfume bottle.

Inkara1

I'd like to market "stockyard" dryer sheets just to see if anyone's dumb enough to buy them. :D

nalani

:D @ the hamster thing. Before I moved to Hilo, we lived in a two-story A-frame cedar house. At first, I liked the smell .. but after a while .. my own house gave me a headache LOL

Actually, I don't know if I've ever actually been in a meadow...not sure what it is, by definition. If it's like the pastures we have out here in the country, I seriously don't want my clothes smelling that way :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Leslie said:
He keeps laughing at me cause I keep smelling the clothes and generally acting like the Gain commercials, but I don`t care, I like it :laugh:

no I laugh cause it is more like and herbal essence commercial...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
no I laugh cause it is more like and herbal essence commercial...

Where it sounds like she's having an orgasm? I have herbal essense and was going to do that one day while showering to freak my roomie out but we had company so I didn't...don't want people I just met (was my roomie's friend) thinking I'm TO weird :D

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Nixy said:
Where it sounds like she's having an orgasm? I have herbal essense and was going to do that one day while showering to freak my roomie out but we had company so I didn't...don't want people I just met (was my roomie's friend) thinking I'm TO weird :D

what, don't want to show the real you???

hehe

and yes the orgasm one.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
what, don't want to show the real you???

hehe

and yes the orgasm one.

No, most people need to be eased into the real me

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
paul_valaru said:
or the restraining orders start? been there, done that, lol

Usually they just don't come back around...my roommate and I are both oversharers though so it works well. She had forgotten that she told me she doesn't swallow and in the middle of burger king the other day a friend of ours made her laugh with her mouth full and she muttered "I need to swallow this" through the mouth full of burger she had...I looked at her and said "Thought you said you don't swallow?" she LOST it (as in started laughing hysterically) she had to spit her burger into her napkin and then said "How did you know that about me?" it was friggin' HILARIOUS!