Up yours Canada

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
pc_builder said:
What are you wusses babbling about. I live in probably the coldest state in the U.S. and I like winter just fine.

See, my motto is: As it gets colder and colder you can always put on more and more clothes. As it gets hotter and hotter you can only take off so much until you're naked and still be hot. (literally, not metaphorically)

I like cold air and I hate sweating. I also would rather not wander around the city naked.

So true *nods*

btw, which state do you live in? Maine perhaps?

unclehobart

How The Old Farmer's Almanac Weather Forecasts Are Made

Our weather forecasts are determined by the use of a secret formula (devised in 1792 by the founder of this Almanac, Robert B. Thomas), enhanced by the most modern scientific calculations based on solar activity, particularly sunspot cycles. We also analyze weather records for particular locales. We believe nothing in the universe occurs haphazardly; there is a cause-and-effect pattern to all phenomena, including weather. It follows, therefore, that we believe weather is predictable.
Modesty requires, however, that we add this caveat: It is obvious that neither we nor anyone else has as yet gained sufficient insight into the mysteries of the universe to predict weather long-range with anything resembling total accuracy.

AlphaTroll

can i trade places with teh trout? plese?

And why do you want to slap me?

(could be fun though.......)

Weather today is great 14ºC min & 31ºC max and tomorrow looks good too..........yup yup, time to break out the bikini & have a cocktail :drink:

greenfreak

Luis G said:
So true *nods*

btw, which state do you live in? Maine perhaps?

I would think Alaska would be in which case, Hexploit lives in the coldest state. I guess North Dakota is a close second. All I know is that I work for an oil company that just laid off over 200 people so I'm hoping it gets damn cold this winter so I can keep my job. :shrug:

It's funny how our overnight lows are 45 to 55 which feels really cold to me in the morning but if you give me a few months, I'll be wishing it was above 20 degrees.

MrBishop

s'Gonna be between 2 - 11 cel today (that's 37 - 52)

I know that it was snowing late yesterday downtown, and we had hail in the afternoon. Fun Fun!

Now...I love snow. Gimme more...gimme 40cm at a time, nice an sticky. Snowballs, snowmen, snow-breasts :) Snowwomen. ;)

It's this nasty in-between time that I don't like. It's not cold enough for winter coats and not hot enough for no coats. You bring a coat in the morning 'cause it's cold. In the afternoon it's too hot and you sweat, on the way home it's 1/2 and 1/2 and at night...you freeze again. Grrr.

AlphaTroll

MrBishop said:
Now...I love snow. Gimme more...gimme 40cm at a time, nice an sticky. Snowballs, snowmen, snow-breasts :) Snowwomen. ;)

Only time I've ever seen snow was when I went looking for it on holiday :(

tonksy

it's high 80's during the day here and at night drops to the 60's and my feet freeze. i'm not much on cold weather. went on two north atlantic cruises in the navy and one of them if was so cold i almost quite smoking (smoke on the weatherdecks- no real shelter). spent a birthday in nova scotia. never worn so many clothes in june before....my dad lives in montana and i refuse to visit in the winter, made that mistake once....my nose hairs froze as soon as i left the airport. snowed the day i got there, shit didn't melt enough to pack until i left almost 2 weeks later.

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
It's getting cold out.

soon it's watch the bad drivers spin out season, always entertaining.

Winter is fun, you just have to know how to make the most of it.

First, everythign looks so clean, and fresh, it's amazing, bundle up on a sunday morning, and go outside, to have your coffee

second, learn how to ski, or you'll hate it

Ms Ann Thrope

paul_valaru said:
Winter is fun, you just have to know how to make the most of it.

First, everythign looks so clean, and fresh, it's amazing, bundle up on a sunday morning, and go outside, to have your coffee

Yah, yah, I agree. Another good thing about winter: NO MOSQUITOS! In fact, no bugs that I can recall seeing.

unclehobart said:
Minnesota is the coldest of the lower 48. International Falls being the coldest city on average.

I love Minnesota :love:. Best vacation ever was at the northern end, across a lake from Canada (in January): surrounded by over a million acres of forest, pristine snow, sled dogs answering the howls of wolves every night, sapphire blue skies during the day and black velvet scattered with stars at night (except for the occasional Aurora Borealis). Wish I were there now. :mope:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Leslie said:
:hmm:

*storms off muttering about left coast hippy freaks with their damned warm weather*

It's 67F here. I'm freezing my arse off. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Saudi weather...

greenfreak

MrBishop said:
s'Gonna be between 2 - 11 cel today (that's 37 - 52)

I know that it was snowing late yesterday downtown, and we had hail in the afternoon. Fun Fun!

It's this nasty in-between time that I don't like. It's not cold enough for winter coats and not hot enough for no coats. You bring a coat in the morning 'cause it's cold. In the afternoon it's too hot and you sweat, on the way home it's 1/2 and 1/2 and at night...you freeze again. Grrr.

I had enough snow last winter:

http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6631

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member

Try skiing in Indiana...lots of pushing, not much gliding.

I don't necessarily dislike winter (when there's a snow pack) but not on Oct 1st