US 'could be going bankrupt'

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
a helpful talk does not fill a childs stomach.

and yes, syanagouges can help, but at what cost, you think people want to go to the people they pray with and have to ask, what about the atheists?

also at what cost? the administration of seperate charities would eat up most of the donations (donate to a charity then find out how much of your money actually gets to where it was supposed to go).

And here pass me that consitution, I need toilet paper.

If you are going to base your entire goverment soley on one document, a rather short document, your country will be anarchy.

It is a good BASIS for a goverment, in fact that is what it is, rules to SET UP a new country, rules for the goverment of a new country, it is not, nor was it meant to be the SOLE and ONLY laws of said country. It laid out how new laws would be made, and then gave a few laws that where undeniable because the forefathers thought those where the spirit of the country.

Winky

you got it, didn't turn into a lilly livered Liberal

still believe in John Wayne GI Joe Mama and American Pie Too

spike

Gotholic said:
Actually, getting rid of the no-fault divorce law would be one way to help make it possible.

You'd actually want to force people to stay married that hate each other?

spike

highwayman said:
Are you sugesting something diferent then he and she to make baby?
From what I know about biology it can be dificult for two same sex mamels to produce offspring...

Other then sexual gratufacation how do you sugest a man and a women to reproduce????

Parents run off, get divorced, die you can't enforce 2 parent families. If your talking biology and want to enforce that all children come from a sperm and an egg than go right ahead though.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
spike said:

Perhaps realizing that emotions are fleeting & instead of spending the first 6 months intertwined in bed they ought to get to know each other for two years first.

Professur

spike said:

Actually ... no. I want to stop them getting married in the first place. I want to stop them breeding in the second.

highwayman

spike said:

That was not said...

Gonz said:
Perhaps realizing that emotions are fleeting & instead of spending the first 6 months intertwined in bed they ought to get to know each other for two years first.

Amen..

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
paul_valaru said:
so the kids starve or are neglected.

They're not mine. Why should I pay for them?

paul_valaru said:
as for goverment handouts, yes some abuse it, but when your family REALLY needs it so nobody starves, then you will be thankful they exist, and if you never ever need them, great, live a happy successful life.

If my family REALLY needs it then I'm doing something dreadfully wrong. Then again, that's my problem, not yours, innit?

paul_valaru said:
But when my mom left my abusing father, and had to relocate to get away from him, and could not re-enter the workforce RIGHT away after a couple of years of not working (she tried, but no-one would hire her) it was nice knowing that while we wouldn't be having steak, we would still be eating, thanks to the goverment.

Always nice. An experiment of one. Here's a dandy question for you...what happened to your relatives? Why didn't they help?

paul_valaru said:
So you get rid of all your goverment "handouts" and destroy the future of a whole bunch of people who got caught in a bind, way to go!!!! "they are lower class, they don't need to eat"

Who put them in that bind? I didn't. Why is it the governments responsibility to bail them out? It's easy to just hand them something, but that is not a cure for the situation, is it?

spike

Professur said:
Actually ... no. I want to stop them getting married in the first place. I want to stop them breeding in the second.

How do you propose that be done?

Professur

There's a 19,000 post description hiding right under the search button.

But I'll simplify.

Make people responsable for their actions, decisions, and choices.

Example: Why is there a developed technique for removing tattoos?

How about .... Stop teaching grade 3 children about Martin Luther King, and introduce some moral values.

No? Perhaps ...... preschool children staying at home and learning values from a parent ... instead of spending the day with an overworked glorified babysitter?

Spike .... it's a large issue, without a one line solution. Except, maybe.....

Force people to grow up and stop demanding more for ME, ME, ME, ME, ME!!!!

I have a single rule where parenting is concerned. One inviolate rule. You don't wanna get married? Fine, yer kids a bastard, have a nice day. You don't want to even know who the sperm donor is? Whatever. but!!! the instant that child is born.... you are secondary to it's needs.

That's what people have forgotten. That is parenting. And if you're not prepared to accept that, for the duration ..... don't become a parent. Point Finalle.

spike

Professur said:
Spike .... it's a large issue, without a one line solution.

That's the idea. You can't enforce 2 parent families.

You can't see into the future 5 years, find out one parent will die, and prevent them from having children.

You don't know that a few years later one partner will start cheating, become abusive, or run off.

So there is no way to keep these people from having kids in the first place.

I don't know what you have against Martin Luther King as an example of good morals though.

Professur

spike said:
That's the idea. You can't enforce 2 parent families.

sure you can.

You can't see into the future 5 years, find out one parent will die, and prevent them from having children.

You wanna so me some statistics comparing single parent families due to death in relation to single parent families due to divorce? That point is about as valid as arguing the merits of abortions for rape victims.

You don't know that a few years later one partner will start cheating, become abusive, or run off.

Actually, you damn well should. See Gonz's statement about getting to know one another first. People don't change. What's there later was there before. Usually the partner chose not to see it.

So there is no way to keep these people from having kids in the first place.

sure you can.

I don't know what you have against Martin Luther King as an example of good morals though.

I have nothing against him. I have a problem with a school system that thinks parroting civil liberties propoganda to third graders instead of teaching them to add and subtract.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
didja ever notice...liberals start about half of thier sentences with You Can't while conservatives start with We can

spike

Professur said:
Actually, you damn well should. See Gonz's statement about getting to know one another first. People don't change. What's there later was there before. Usually the partner chose not to see it.

That's a rather simplistic view. People damn well do change, relationships change.

But say you were correct. You're still going to have to explain a method by which you could enforce any of this.

How do you enforce someone being able to see that 10 years later their spouse will be cheating on them. Just want to hear a generally how that law would be written.

spike

Gonz said:
didja ever notice...liberals start about half of thier sentences with You Can't while conservatives start with We can

The "can" in this discussion does not reflect supposed conservative values of less government. In fact it reflects the values of a dictatorship. Didja notice that?

Professur

spike said:
That's a rather simplistic view. People damn well do change, relationships change.

But say you were correct. You're still going to have to explain a method by which you could enforce any of this.

How do you enforce someone being able to see that 10 years later their spouse will be cheating on them. Just want to hear a generally how that law would be written.

And that, right there, is the problem. You're expecting a law to solve the problem. Law as in Gov't. I'm waiting for people to solve it. The gov't made a speed law. When's the last time you saw anyone do the speed limit?

You have to change the people. And do you know the only ones capable of managing that feat? Parents. Circular problem. The only way to defeat a circular problem is to interupt the circle. And I'm doing that .... right here, right now.

spike

Professur said:
And that, right there, is the problem. You're expecting a law to solve the problem. Law as in Gov't. I'm waiting for people to solve it. The gov't made a speed law. When's the last time you saw anyone do the speed limit?

You have to change the people. And do you know the only ones capable of managing that feat? Parents. Circular problem. The only way to defeat a circular problem is to interupt the circle. And I'm doing that .... right here, right now.

Oh, you said you could enforce two parent families and you could keep people from having kids who had spouses would start cheating, become abusive, or run off years.

I sounds like you only meant "encourage".