Welcom luna2021

Raven

Annoying SOB
Gato_Solo said:
Let's take a look, shall we?

And most of these guys won't make the cut...

As for your claim of 'illegal' tackels, those were illegal. The only tackles illegal in the NFL involve the knees, piling on, and hitting in the back. Those pads are to keep those guys alive, because of the forces they hit with. ;) Wimp. :D

*wonders how far he can take this joke before stewey explodes*

LOL I have no idea what any of that means :lloyd:

yeah I know its a joke. I'm also doing a Gonz and know im right too

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
steweygrrrr said:
LOL I have no idea what any of that means :lloyd:

yeah I know its a joke. I'm also doing a Gonz and know im right too

Before the start of the season, they have quite a few players for tryouts, practice games, and the preseason. As the period for the regular season gets closer, they pare down the number of people they have on their roster...hence the term cut. If you don't make the 'cut', you are no longer on the team. ;)

If you look at the roster on the website, you'll see a few things about the player...most significant are their weight and their time for the 40 yard dash...

Gato_Solo

Oz said:
Gato.....gato......gato.

American footballers can let themselves get that fat because only one person per team actually does any running........the rest just line up opposite each other and headbutt the opposition for the duration of the game ;)

It is nice that they get so many breaks to get their breath back tho'....it'd be a shame if they had to sweat while on national television :D

And all rugby players do is push each other up and down the field. About as exciting as watching paint dry. More exciting than cricket, though... There are far more hits in the NFL than Rugby could ever hope for.

As for the fat remark...some lineman could stand to lose a few pounds...hell...the majority could, but they can also bench-press their weight...Let's see an average rugger do that. ;)

Oz

Gato_Solo said:
And all rugby players do is push each other up and down the field. About as exciting as watching paint dry. More exciting than cricket, though... There are far more hits in the NFL than Rugby could ever hope for.

As for the fat remark...some lineman could stand to lose a few pounds...hell...the majority could, but they can also bench-press their weight...Let's see an average rugger do that. ;)

Erm, dude.......I can bench 25lb over me bodyweight, and I'm about as inclined to participate in sports as Nancy Reagan is to take up Sumo Wrestlin :D I reckon that any rugby player who couldn't bench at least their own weight wouldn't last very long on even the most amateur Sunday League team ;)

Gato_Solo

Oz said:
Erm, dude.......I can bench 25lb over me bodyweight, and I'm about as inclined to participate in sports as Nancy Reagan is to take up Sumo Wrestlin :D I reckon that any rugby player who couldn't bench at least their own weight wouldn't last very long on even the most amateur Sunday League team ;)

I can bench my weight, too, but, then again, I weigh less than 200 pounds. ;) The NFL guys are benching their weight and up. I just used that line to give you a mental picture...

300 pound lineman benching 300 pounds. ;)

Raven

Annoying SOB
Gato_Solo said:
I can bench my weight, too, but, then again, I weigh less than 200 pounds. ;) The NFL guys are benching their weight and up. I just used that line to give you a mental picture...

300 pound lineman benching 300 pounds. ;)

or a 200lb guy benching 300lb? who would you rather get tackled by without padding?

Gato_Solo

steweygrrrr said:
or a 200lb guy benching 300lb? who would you rather get tackled by without padding?

I'm quite sure they bench more than that, but I was just making an example...:rolleyes: Some people will do anything to make their favorite sport look batter... :grinyes:

PS...I went to college with a rugger who couldn't make the football team (not soccer)...seems that, at 6'2" and 225 pounds, he wasn't big enough. :p

Raven

Annoying SOB
Gato_Solo said:
I'm quite sure they bench more than that, but I was just making an example...:rolleyes: Some people will do anything to make their favorite sport look batter... :grinyes:

PS...I went to college with a rugger who couldn't make the football team (not soccer)...seems that, at 6'2" and 225 pounds, he wasn't big enough. :p

Oh, don't get me wrong, can't stand the game. Or most sport in general :eek6:

I just know that a: Im right and b: American Football players are wussypansygirls

Gato_Solo

steweygrrrr said:
Oh, don't get me wrong, can't stand the game. Or most sport in general :eek6:

I just know that a: Im right and b: American Football players are wussypansygirls

(most famous come-back of all time)

OH, YEAH!!

Stop Laughing

Except for maybe the kickers, punters, and the second string quarterbacks (notice how quickly it goes from the #1 to the #3 QB) though.

Gato_Solo

Stop Laughing said:
Except for maybe the kickers, punters, and the second string quarterbacks (notice how quickly it goes from the #1 to the #3 QB) though.
What stewey doesn't know is that the worst team in the NFL could probably beat the crap out of the best team in Rugby...on and off the field. :grinyes:

Raven

Annoying SOB
Gato_Solo said:
What stewey doesn't know is that the worst team in the NFL could probably beat the crap out of the best team in Rugby...on and off the field. :grinyes:

LOL!!!
Two words.

Bring It.

Gato_Solo

steweygrrrr said:
LOL!!!
Two words.

Bring It.

Except the St Louis cardinals, as SL was kind enough to point out. A High School team could probably roll them up straight away... :lol:

BeardofPants

Gato_Solo said:

Yeah, I'd like to seem 'em up against the All Blacks or the Wallabies without the padding. :la:

tonksy

just to lighten the mood...a mommy lion and a daddy lion are in the midst of a nasty divorce and custody battle, in the courtroom the judge asks the baby lion "do you want to live with mommy lion?"
"no", says baby lion "mommy lion beats me"
"do you want to live with daddy lion?" asks the judge
"no, daddy lion beats me more" baby lion says
exasperately the judge asks "well, who do you want to live with?"
to which baby replies, "the detriot lions....they don't beat anyone."

:D

Gato_Solo

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, I'd like to seem 'em up against the All Blacks or the Wallabies without the padding. :la:

I've seen the All Blacks play. Looks like a bunch of guys in a huddle trying to push another group of guys in a huddle down a muddy field...Kind of a reversed tug-of-war...I'd like to see them, with padding, try to break through the front line of the Washington Redskins...:p

BeardofPants

Yeah, just wait 'til Carlos Spencer trundles all over them yankee heads, and then we'll see who the sooks are. :p Or better yet, pre-kidney failure Jonah Lomu. You guys wouldn't stand a chance. :la: