What does a Canadian have to be proud of?

nalani

Originally posted by L. Summerton
p.s. we all live in igloos and wear lumberjack clothes lol

hehehe .. we live in grass shacks and wear coconut bras .. just ask ku'u - she'll tell you .. we knock every time we hug :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
aren't you forgetting the hibiscus in your hair? :D

that must get painful after awhile. We feel nothing when we hug through all of the layers lol

nalani

oh yeah .. the hibiscus and the brighter-than-bright red lipstick ... *nod* .. yep ..that's us down here in the middle of the Pacific .. hehehehehe ...

greenfreak

Originally posted by sbcanada
You can't get a fine for speaking English, or any other language. Those are fundamental rights and freedoms. Freedom of speech. ;)

'English Police'

Prof's post I was thinking of...

You probably can't get a fine for just speaking it. But those links go into more detail on what I've heard.

equinoxe3d

Actually many Quebecers are bilingual, the thing that make french out is that many traditionnalists want to keep French as the official language. Not that I'm a traditionnalist or revolutionnist, but I don't care since I can cope (but not always very well) with both languages, and I'm not biased towards or against any language.

The problem is that attitude of some nationalist Quebecers make many English-speaking people going against all of us (we're not all arrogant people) :(

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
this is true, unfortunately I have found Quebec to be an exceedingly unfriendly place to visit every time I've been. :(

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Ok, I've been afraid to ask this but here goes: Canada, isn't that in Minnesota?

*runs away from the onslaught*

equinoxe3d

this is true, unfortunately I have found Quebec to be an exceedingly unfriendly place to visit every time I've been. :(

Yeah, it's pretty sad, some spots in Quebec are very welcoming but others are leaving people in the cold :(
(no pun intended here)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
That was meant for Gonz' Minnesota crack. You're right, I'm sure there are many good welcoming areas there, I haven't found them though. It makes a bad impression.

sbcanada

49% of Quebecers are arrogant, according to the 1996 referendum, where only 51% of Quebecers voted to stay a part of Canada. You French people piss me off, you know that? *hides that fact that he's 25% French* :D

Professur

Maybe we'll like this one better:

... You Know You're a Canadian when . . . .

1) You only know three spices - salt, pepper and ketchup.
2) Driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled in with snow.
3) You think sexy lingerie is tube-socks and a flannel nightie with only 8 buttons.
4) You owe more money on your snowmobile than your car.
5) The local paper covers national and international headlines on 1 page, but requires 6 pages for hockey.
7) At least twice a year, the kitchen doubles as a meat processing plant.
8) The most effective mosquito repellent is a shotgun.
9) Your snowblower gets stuck on the roof.
10) You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
11) You find -40C a little chilly.
12) The trunk of your car doubles as a deep freezer.
13) You attend a formal event in your best clothes, your finest jewelry and your Sorrels.
14) You actually get these jokes and forward them to all your Canadian friends.
:D

Damn, that reminds me. I have to move some of my beer into the fridge. The shelf under the sink isn't cold enough anymore.

Professur

I would just like to thank Bernard Laundy for the amazing amount of damage he's done to the separatist movement.

Professur

My grandmother used to visit Canada every two years and made a point of taking a new pair of winter boots home with her. Noone makes boots like canadians.