Where did ya'll couples meet?

lacemyster

For all the pimps here who are taken:

Where did you guys meet?

How long have you guys been going out?

If the relationship ended, why did it end?

WARNING: Long story!
Me and ph33rb0 met at our middle school. It was the beginning of 7th grade. At that time we didn't really know each other for a while. Those were our so called "neutral days."
By the 2nd trimester, we were in one class together. That happened to be english, BORING!!!!! Anyway, I use to annoy him all the time then. He would always get mad at me and beg our teacher to let him move, lol.
One night he was in my dreams, I couldn't get him outta my head! I couldn't sleep because of him!!!!! I kept on tossing and turning thinking all night long, "I don't like him, this is crazy, I don't like him!" After that night I started to like him, but I was still confused about why I liked him.
For the next month it was like hell, sorry to say, but it was. It was hard for me to try to make him mad because of that night.
When he found out that I liked him was on History Day. I was scared as hell, but i told him anyway, and he didn't really talk for the rest of the night, go figure! I found out that night that he liked another girl, but then a week later a friend told me that that girl rejected him after he asked her to be his valentine. That brought my hopes up but I felt sorry for him because of that bitch :headbang:
Exactly a month later I asked him out during history, then going to a blush fest when he said that he would think about it. 2 days later he said yes!!!!!
Me and ph33rb0 have been going out for 9 months so far, and we love each other very much.

Lacemyster and ph33rb0 forever!

So anyways, tell your tales of love! ;)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
There I was...laying on the barroom floor...and she looked up at me.....So we got married . Then I found out she couldn't cook. We had kids. Then I found out she was a lousy mother. We bought a house. Then I found out she was lazy. One day, when I came home from work I found out she was gone. The kids and I did fine....till the bastards grew up...

Dave

you were on the barrom floor and she looked up at you??

i think that may have been clue #1.... :D

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
tale of love :rofl2:

we met in my teens, 14 years, 3 kids, 10 years of marriage...

from my other thread you can see how well young romance works out :tardbang:

greenfreak

I happened to see a short story he published on a website, I liked the story and his name and emailed him. After two weeks of emails, another two weeks of phone calls, we met on his birthday Feb 5th, 1999. Been together since!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I met him at the bar on my birthday (well, Dec. 14, 2002 day after my birthday). He goes to school with a few of my friends and came along with them. We went on our first date New Years Eve 2002. This weekend may be the last time I see him or it may not be. If his actions tonight portry his feelings then he has "had enoguh of me".

:shrug:

Whatever, love sucks anyway.

lacemyster

Nixy said:
I met him at the bar on my birthday (well, Dec. 14, 2002 day after my birthday). He goes to school with a few of my friends and came along with them. We went on our first date New Years Eve 2002. This weekend may be the last time I see him or it may not be. If his actions tonight portry his feelings then he has "had enoguh of me".

Hope things work out for you Nixy :)

Ardsgaine

Okay, you asked for it. I've told bits and pieces of this before, but this time you guys get the When-Harry-Met-Sally version. :D

Jan and I are five years apart in age. We grew up within a few miles of each other on the south side of Tallahassee. At first, she was living less than a mile from me, but then her mom moved them out into the woods, so it was more like five miles. One of her best friends lived in my neighborhood just up the hill from me. Jan used to spend the night with her. One of my best friends lived in her neighborhood, and I used to go over and visit him. But in all that time, we never met... (sound familiar?)

We were close geographically, but because of the five year age difference we were living in totally different worlds. There was maybe one year when we were in elementary school together, but she would've been too young for me to notice. The rest of the time we were in different schools. Because she's so darn smart, she got to skip kindergarten, so we were four years apart in school. When she was entering middle school, I was starting my second year of high school. When she got to high school, I was going into college. It wasn't until then that I saw Jan for the first time...

She was doing a Scottish Highland Fling.

My first year in college, I had some friends who were seniors in high school. They were in the Hi-Y club, a YMCA club for high schoolers. I occasionally went to their social activities. Jan had joined the club as a freshman. When they held a talent contest, for her entry, she chose to do a Scottish Highland Fling. It was the first time I ever saw her, and I have a very clear memory of thinking, "that girl has no idea that there's anyone else in the room." She was up in front of the audience, but from the expression on her face, it was like we didn't exist. And I remember thinking, "how odd." (I also remember thinking 'dammit' when she won first prize, because she bumped my best friend's girlfriend into second place.)

I saw her that night, but I didn't meet her. We never spoke until........

Flash forward four years. She's now in her first year of college, and I've just dropped out of UF and moved back to Tallahassee. I'm madly in love with this girl who says she likes me too much to be my girlfriend, so I'm trying to do the 'friend' thing with her until she gives up and gives in. Through this bastard friendship with her, I become friends with a guy I knew casually in high school (dated his sister). He had dated Jan in high school.

One night he and I go out to Shoney's and we bump into a girl he had met through Jan. He starts dating her and then they move in together in a house across the street from the one I'm sharing with my next younger sister. His girlfriend is still friends with Jan.

The weekend after I turned 23, he had to go out of town, so his gf invites Jan over to stay with her. That Friday, my sister, who had known Jan in high school, looks across the street and says (as if I would know who the hell she's talking about), "Jan's across the street at ____'s. She's looking good too." I didn't know who the hell Jan was, but I was willing to find out. I was actually getting ready to go out to meet a couple of friends, one of whom was a girl that I was hoping might replace the let's-be-'friends chick as my love interest. Still, I had some time to introduce myself to a new girl, so, wearing my party shirt, my sunglasses and a shit-eating grin, I be-bopped across the street. Jan and her friend were standing on the front porch talking, and I strutted up and asked them what was up. After introductions, my buddy's gf proceeded to ask (beg) me to take them out somewhere that night. I apologized profusely for having a prior engagement, but promised that if it broke up early, I would come back and get them.

I went on and met my friends at a restaurant/bar, had a couple of drinks, and found out the girl was planning to move back to Jacksonville any week. So much for that! I made my excuses, and headed towards home and the new girl I had just met. It was about midnight when I got there, and the lights were all out at my bud's house. Obviously, they had given up on me and gone to bed. Only one thing left to do... BAM! BAM! BAM! "Hey! You guys still up?" BAM! BAM! BAM!

It worked. Jan came to the door. She said that the gf was asleep. I explained that there were certain chemical reactions taking place inside my body that ensured that I would be up for a little while and in a talkative mood, and I asked her to come over to my place and keep me company for awhile. She did, and we stayed up until about 3am talking.

And that's the story of how we met... :)

Ardsgaine

Nixy said:

:( :( :(

:hug:

It's probably just a blip, Nixy... You know, I just told that little romantic tale about how Jan and I met, but the truth is I spent the first six months pretending like I could live without her. :)

Janimal

It all looks historically accurate to me. He didn't tell all though. Interestingly enough, that evening at the talent show was the first time I had seen him too.

It was before the show actually, while we were all kind of milling about in the parking lot. He had this aged 65 Dodge van that he drove. He got out of it and walked toward the building and I asked the girl I was with who he was. AND, the girl I was with was the aforementioned best friend from elementary school, who lived down the street from him. We (the girl and I) had actually not been around each other since 3rd grade. That's when I moved out to the woods and started going to another school. When I go to high school though, I found my gf there and we became friends again and she is the one who got me to join the club.

Small world, ain't it!

Professur

We met on the school bus going to primary. I was 7, she was 6, and I never stood a chance. Fast forward to I was 13ish and we started dating. About a year and a half or so after that, she broke up with me. I went on a bender with a multitude of girls most of whom I never would have touched otherwise. About 18 and we got back together. Broke up a bit after that. I went on another bender. We got back together again when I was in my early 20ies. At 27 we got married. Been yelling and fighting with each other ever since, but I haven't been on a bender yet.

Arris

Nixy said:

Sorry to hear this might not have worked out :(
Hope its not as bad as you think :(

freako104

i met my ex at a concert. both us had "dates"(she hated the guy she was with but it was the only way shed get to go). my dates parents said she couldnt go so i asked a couple of girls to go both said no to me. so me and my buddies all went. all night i kept hitting on girls(i accidently hit on a groupie for limp bizkit when she was walking around). well the group naturally got split up and we walked around looking for each other. then i saw her and figured i could get another one night stand. but she was already crying cause the bastard left her there and she had no way to get home and didnt know where she was. she grabbed me and cryed on my shoulder. i couldnt leave her after that. so flash forward. group is all toghter and on our way home. we droppd her off but i had no idea where she went after that. so the following weekend i went to try to find her. well i found her house and she called me the next day. we dated until a week of valentines when she dumped me.

75renegade

Ards an' Jan, I love yer story! That's so cool! My own interpretation includes a soveriegn hand leadin' an' orchestratin' the events that transformed you two into the "one" that ya are!

Its inspiring to me!:)

My Fiance; discovered me many months before I knew she existed. We both worked for the same company, at the time, but I was not lookin' for anyone, when she made herself known to me.

About one+ year after my divorce was final, our paths crossed. She worked in the factory, an' I in the office. Saw 'er face on rare occasion prior, but hadn't known her name, or anything 'bout her.

Thought she was cute an' all, but what I admired most about her was her spirit. She was unafraid to get up in yer face an' tell ya how it was, yet I detected in her, a really tender heart, an' someone who genuinely cared for others, without harboring some selfish agenda.

Anyhows, figured 'er for married or at least taken, never concerned myself with thinkin' 'bout "possibilities". Never thought about the possibility of involvin' myself w/ someone at work, however, I was unable to deny my interest in the little messages she'd been sendin', which, if they'd come a few months earlier, I'd could only have flatly denied.

Long story less long, I've found in her, a friend an' a soulmate!:)

We're comitted to celebacy until marriage, (which is no easy task), but we believe it will make us stronger, as a couple.

Come June 14th, our dream of life on Earth together as one, will be realized, (God willin')!;)