Where did ya'll couples meet?

Ardsgaine

75renegade said:
My own interpretation includes a soveriegn hand leadin' an' orchestratin' the events that transformed you two into the "one" that ya are!

Atheist that I am, I don't believe in a sovereign hand, much less the rest of him. :) But I do think that couples who romanticize the way they met have a stronger bond, and a greater sense of purpose in being together. In my interpretation, it wasn't fate, it was sheer coincidence, but what a fortuitous coincidence! I can also trace the series of events that led to us meeting and look at each decision I made along the way that carried me to her. With each decision I was choosing her, and just didn't know it. The decisions had a pattern and purpose that I couldn't identify until later, but each one was part of my search for a certain type of woman, and a certain type of life. There's a healthy dose of luck in the fact that I found what I wanted, but I can also see how my decisions affected the course of things. Luck played some part in getting us together, but it's our choices that keep us together. :)

ris

the wife and i met at uni, she was a friend of one of my housemates. apparently she remembers me from the first time we met at a small party where she claims i was looking at her a lot. i was single and was probably checking her out ;) :D

start of the next academic year, i move in with one of her mates. she comes round and hears me playing the smiths and is impressed enough to talk to me. we talk a bit now and again.

both of us are single and hopeless. i shag a minger and regret it.
our mutual friend decides she's had enough of our moping around and sets us up at a goth night we all go to.

poor lass has been stuck with my lame arse for over 6 years now. :D

freako104

Spirit said:
.............................still looking............................

well if us guys werent intimidated by your beauty. ;) besides im sure youllmeet a great guy soon :)

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
OK, the story I told up there^^^is the best thing that has ever happened to me. The way this guy cares about me and the things he does just blow my mind :love3:

Professur

*DOH*

Nix, love. Read what you type before you hit the send button, willya? I'm getting a hernia holding myself back from the obvious one liner.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Well, I do not have such a dirty mind as you Prof.

You are in the gutter below the gutter that I inhabit.

dan

i'm single... :(

wanna meet a nice lass at a goth night too. it's just so hard to find ones over 18 at those places!

ris

im my day being a goth wasn't trendy. perhaps beig indie is now the new goth - unnacceptably weird :D

freako104

nambit go to an s/mclub or a club that is 18 over. ive met many goth girls my age or evn older. i dont know how trendy it is being a goth but i see them a lot more than when i was a teen.

dan

freako104 said:
nambit go to an s/mclub or a club that is 18 over. ive met many goth girls my age or evn older. i dont know how trendy it is being a goth but i see them a lot more than when i was a teen.

heh, pretty much all clubs are 18 and over, certainly any i'd step into. i'm starting to quite like over 21 door policies now i'm getting on a bit... but some places are more known for lax door policies than others...

and it's not really the goth part... like the full on freakout white faced chicks (although a nice bit of PVC wouldn't go amis ;)) but more about the music... the passion and fire inside...

rock world is where i think i'm most likely to meet to woman of my dreams, but she may not be a goth per se

Professur

Nixy said:
Well, I do not have such a dirty mind as you Prof.

You are in the gutter below the gutter that I inhabit.

I''ve been digging this hole for myself a lot longer than you've been digging yours. don't worry, you'll catch up.;)

And Freak, quit looking at my ass. You're not my type:)