Woman admits stomping boy, 4, to death

TexasRaceLady

Prof, I fought back the last 5 years I was in the classroom. The admins wanted every teacher to concentrate on the "passing of The Test" instead of educating students.

I am an educator --- not some dummy standing in front of 30+ students teaching them how to pass the test.

I also got very, very tired of it being my fault that a student failed my class. Parents would harrass me for "not liking their child" or "being prejudiced", so I would deliberately fail them.

I just got tired, Prof.

HomeLAN

You aren't the only one. My Mom spent 20 years as a 7th grade English teacher. She says things remarkably similar to what you're saying, and that's coming out of private schools.

Professur

Sorry TRL, it's not personal. I think everyone eventually looks for the "ME" solution. Parents at the head of the line. After all, if you're kid's a failure, that might be your fault. Can't have that, so it's gotta be the teacher's fault, right?

But who's finally gonna draw the line in the sand?

JJR512

"Helicopter parenting."

That's a term invented by educators to describe how many parents are these days. Constantly "hovering" over their children, making sure the teacher and/or school system is to blame for whatever shortcomings their children have.

It seems that these parents want their kids to succeed and excel but expect it to come entirely from the teacher's efforts, and no effort of their own. They expect their kids to learn all that is learnable but to encounter no pressure or stress in the process. They insist that the failures of their kids is the fault of the teachers and schools. They are constantly talking to the teachers and telling them how to teach their children, how to mollycoddle them. And their numbers are growing.

TexasRaceLady, I'm sure you've experienced these parents, haven't you?

JJR512 said:
"Helicopter parenting."

That's a term invented by educators to describe how many parents are these days. Constantly "hovering" over their children, making sure the teacher and/or school system is to blame for whatever shortcomings their children have.

It seems that these parents want their kids to succeed and excel but expect it to come entirely from the teacher's efforts, and no effort of their own. They expect their kids to learn all that is learnable but to encounter no pressure or stress in the process. They insist that the failures of their kids is the fault of the teachers and schools. They are constantly talking to the teachers and telling them how to teach their children, how to mollycoddle them. And their numbers are growing.

TexasRaceLady, I'm sure you've experienced these parents, haven't you?

why doe you guys type so much :retard7:

TexasRaceLady

JJR, every day for 30 years.

Now, it wasn't all bad news. I had some wonderful students, and some wonderful parents. Some of my Gifted/Talented have graduated from every military academy here in the U.S. Some have gone to Princeton, Cornel, Stanford, Rice, MIT, and have graduated with honors.

TexasRaceLady said:
JJR, every day for 30 years.

Now, it wasn't all bad news. I had some wonderful students, and some wonderful parents. Some of my Gifted/Talented have graduated from every military academy here in the U.S. Some have gone to Princeton, Cornel, Stanford, Rice, MIT, and have graduated with honors.

that is better post not so darn long :retard7:

Liliandra

Point 1: Stoning works for me.

Point 2: I'm in a sociology class currently, at a community college that is beginning to bug the royal hell out of me. This class, after the teacher decided that grading term papers couldn't be completely objective, decided to only have 3 tests and participation as parts of her grade. 100 points total, 30 each test. She specifically says what we don't need to learn simply because we won't be doing the research in this class... All we learn now is what we need to know to pass a stupid test... I was kinda hoping to get out of that stuff in highschool, guess I'll have to see how the university is.

Liliandra said:
Point 1: Stoning works for me.

Point 2: I'm in a sociology class currently, at a community college that is beginning to bug the royal hell out of me. This class, after the teacher decided that grading term papers couldn't be completely objective, decided to only have 3 tests and participation as parts of her grade. 100 points total, 30 each test. She specifically says what we don't need to learn simply because we won't be doing the research in this class... All we learn now is what we need to know to pass a stupid test... I was kinda hoping to get out of that stuff in highschool, guess I'll have to see how the university is.

not aother long post :retard7:

freako104

SouthernN'Proud said:
Prisoners do indeed have their own heirarchy. It's real, and it's really a bitch.

The totem pole features, as its lowest element, child molesters. They do real hard time.

One step above would usually be those who kill/assault pregnant women.

Baby killers are a hair above that. Still low enough to catch unbridled hell in the joint. She'll have anything but a pleasant time for the next 20 years.

Is where you are similar to here(NC) in that child molesters are called Baby Rapers and have to be segregated from the rest of the population? Either way its either stoning or give the term baby killer and let the prisoners have their way. Either way is fine by me

chcr

Too cute for words
crystal scan said:
well elemtery school like 11+ years ago :D

Are you trying to make a point? I went to elementary school 40 years ago. I learned at that time how many feet are in a mile. I've known it ever since. If you had learned it 11+ years ago, you would have known it now. More evidence of my contention that schools stopped being about teaching and learning years ago.

chcr said:
Are you trying to make a point? I went to elementary school 40 years ago. I learned at that time how many feet are in a mile. I've known it ever since. If you had learned it 11+ years ago, you would have known it now. More evidence of my contention that schools stopped being about teaching and learning years ago.

yes that 11years ago is a long time :D