Woman admits stomping boy, 4, to death

JJR512

Those were so cool. :)

The elementary and middle schools I went to, though, forbade students from using the notebooks. We were allowed to use the folders, which were also sold separately, and had a bunch of info on them, too, but we couldn't have the actual Trapper Keeper notebook. I never knew why.

freako104

Finiky schools I guess. We couldnt either nor could we even have the folder. We had to have a regular notebook

JJR512

Elkridge, actually.

Elkridge and Rockville are in neighboring counties (Howard and Montgommery, respectively). They are approximately 190,080 feet apart, and since we all now know how many feet are in a mile, it shouldn't be too hard to figure out how far apart they are in miles.

Crystal scan, can you tell us how far Elkridge is from Rockville in miles?

chcr

Too cute for words
I guess I probably learned that around 8 as well. Around when I was learning the times tables and like that.

[Pedanticman]Freak, I notice they didn't teach you how to spell "finicky.":p[/Pedanticman]

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Speaking purely for myself, I knew stuff like that by the time I was 8. You have to when you farm. It's called practical knowledge. Much more important that knowing when the Incas settled some river basin.

Professur

oz-pounds-stone-hundredweight-ton
gill-fl.oz-pint-quart-gallon-barrel

learned them all about the same time as I learned to tie my shoes. I just wish I could remember a quarter of it now. Haven't done gills to barrels in decades.

chcr

Too cute for words
I don't think thats right? 25.4mm or 2.54cm=1 inch. Shit, now I'm going to have to look it up.

Edit: Sorry, my stupidity. I'm dividing, you're multiplying.

We-un's is both right. :lloyd:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
JJR512 said:
For some reason I can never forget that a centimeter-to-inch is cm x 0.39370078740157.

Neither should you have to. Maryland is still US. US is still on normal measurements. None of that "new math" poppycock for us! HELL NO WE WON'T GO!! :lloyd:

JJR512

True, but I think I'm remembering it with too much precision. Especially when I know that I don't even have to multiply by that number, that it's just easier to divide by 2.54.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
A woman kills a 4 yo boy and the discussion ends up being metric and english system related :lol:

freako104

chcr said:
I guess I probably learned that around 8 as well. Around when I was learning the times tables and like that.

[Pedanticman]Freak, I notice they didn't teach you how to spell "finicky.":p[/Pedanticman]

Oh sure make fun of me :p Just cause one spelling error :p

freako104

Luis G said:
A woman kills a 4 yo boy and the discussion ends up being metric and english system related :lol:

Have we forgotten the name of the boards ;)

it was bound to happen that it would go off topic :D