yardwork shocker

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
AlladinSane said:
Why is this thread in L&L? Uncle, are you in love with that snake?

ROFLMAO! OMG! Thank you SO much for that!

Nan, you want your som to hunt moose? Moose are scary things! They're SO big! I have a bottle of moose I bought in Newfoundland. It is very common to bottle the meat and then boil it or whetever when you're ready to eat it. Well, this bottle is a bit different. It's a plush moose stuffed in the bottle and then says "Bottled Moose" on the outside! LOL

nalani

Nixy said:
Nan, you want your som to hunt moose? Moose are scary things! They're SO big! I have a bottle of moose I bought in Newfoundland. It is very common to bottle the meat and then boil it or whetever when you're ready to eat it. Well, this bottle is a bit different. It's a plush moose stuffed in the bottle and then says "Bottled Moose" on the outside! LOL

hehehe!

My son would love it .. he loves to hunt ... but then again, he's never hunted anything that big :D

You have to take a pic of that bottled moose and post it here!! :D

Professur

When thinking about hunting moose, consider this: you're going after a heavily armed, easily pissed off belgian horse on steroids. And your trying to kill it with a bit of lead, usually under 1/3 of an inch in diameter. This is not high on the list of smart things to do to prolong your life. About the only thing more dangerous that I can think of is to dip a tampon into the morning coffee of a woman with PMS.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Professur said:
About the only thing more dangerous that I can think of is to dip a tampon into the morning coffee of a woman with PMS.

:eek: What, you got a death wish? :eek:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I thought you took a moose down from at least 500 yards...Although some folks hunt them with bows... :eek:

PT

I've hunted boars with a bow. That's an experience. Those fuckers can run pretty fast with an arrow stuck in em.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
I know I'm going to hear it for saying this, but I always thought it was easier to actually kill an animal with an arrow than with a gun. Let me explain...

A bullet is made to expand upon impact. It spreads out and most of the real damage comes not from the hole you get, but from the shock that the body goes into when you get hit. An arrow, on the other hand, is a cutting weapon. It is made to slice through anything in it's path (I've seen arrows go through body armor with a trauma plate) that isn't made of thick (more than 1/4") metal. You'll be up and around longer with an arrow, but you'll die a lot sooner (rather than the shock and passing out)

PT

Gato_Solo said:
I know I'm going to hear it for saying this, but I always thought it was easier to actually kill an animal with an arrow than with a gun. Let me explain...

A bullet is made to expand upon impact. It spreads out and most of the real damage comes not from the hole you get, but from the shock that the body goes into when you get hit. An arrow, on the other hand, is a cutting weapon. It is made to slice through anything in it's path (I've seen arrows go through body armor with a trauma plate) that isn't made of thick (more than 1/4") metal. You'll be up and around longer with an arrow, but you'll die a lot sooner (rather than the shock and passing out)

You are absolutely correct, Gato. An arrow will drop a deer within 100 yards of where it's shot at, most of the time. I've seen a deer that was shot with a rifle run for 300 yards or more.

PT

Also, it seems that arrows don't hurt as much, at least thats the impression I've gotten, been fortunate enough to not be shot by either.

kuulani

I'm sure it's not fun for the animal being shot with an arrow or gun ... just hope it's a clean shot so the animal doesn't hafta suffer too long.

When my bf spears fish, brain shots are best.

Professur

An arrow can hit harder and leave a larger wound, thanks to it's greater mass. But a killing hit at over 30 yards ain't happening. And getting within 30 yards when it might get 100 yards after being hit ...

And a kill from 500 yards? ROFL.

PT

That is precisely what makes bow hunting alot more fun than rifle hunting. You actually have to hunt, you can't sit in a tree stand and use your 50x scope on the deer that's a half mile away.