0bama: North Korea 'Recklessly Challenging' International Community

Oh, I expect I will. I keep meeting nice people no matter whereever I go. Personally, I think they're afraid of me.

well, the vast majority of iranians are nice people.

The vast majority of any country can be said to be nice. Its the ones in charge that cause all the problems.

minkey said:
um, right.

...and you haven't noticed all recent the tough guy posturing around here about iran?

yeah well hey iraq started in the eighties with our loving relationship with saddam. ummmm, gassing curds....

and homo erectus was found in china with shovel-shaped incisors.

so what?

sometimes your "corrections" are as "recklessly challenging" as north korea. and, although it would be contested by obama-haters who want everything to have origins in some blunder of his, this whole ko-rea thing started a long time ago. first the mongols came, and conquered...

how's this? if you can get the obama-haters to stop misallocating everything under the sun to "potus" (using this term makes us feel like important political players from our loose-springed sofas in exurbia) then i'll give you the iran-carter thing, ummkay?

If you want to get technical about the political side of Iran, yes. It began way before Carter. The propping up of the Shah was in the late 50's to mid 60's...making it a mess from the Truman days. If you are talking about the time to use force, it was all on him. :shrug:

A forceless coup. :laugh:

It is impossible to overstate the magnitude of anger and hatred that the Iranian people had for the U.S. government in 1979, not only because their world-famous democratically elected prime minister had been ousted by the CIA but also for having had to live for the following 25 years under a brutal and torturous dictatorship, a U.S.-government-supported dictatorship that also offended many Iranians with its policies of Westernization. In fact, the reason that the Iranian students took control of the U.S. embassy after the violent ouster of the shah in 1979 was their genuine fear that the U.S. government would repeat what it had done in 1953.

http://911review.com/precedent/century/ajax.html

It is impossible to overstate the magnitude of anger and hatred that the Iranian people had for the U.S. government in 1979

I met a bunch of Iranians around this time. They were all frightened of what was happening in their homeland & were all excited about coming to America, where they could be free. No anger, no hatred.

Back on topic.

North Korea's threat to "weaponise" its plutonium stocks is "provocative" and "deeply regrettable", US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton says.

She said the move had been denounced around the world and would isolate North Korea's government further.

Reminds me of the days just after 9/11...Lets see how many folks out there want to see a fight over this, and what evidence they'll bring to justify said fight.

the move had been denounced around the world and would isolate North Korea's government further

I bet that really pisses off Kim jr....nothing worse than having the same shit happen as is already happening.

This thing doesn’t seem to be calming down. I’m shocked that a rogue dictator with nukes wouldn't tremble in fear at the mere mention of the name "Obambi". Shocked.

North Korea's reply to U.N. sanctions for nuclear test

"Upon authorization, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the DPRK strongly condemns and rejects the UNSC 'resolution 1874' and declares that it will take the following countermeasures at this early phase of all-out confrontation with the U.S. in order to defend the national dignity and the country's sovereignty.

"First: The whole amount of the newly extracted plutonium will be weaponised. More than one third of the spent fuel rods has been reprocessed to date.

"Second: The process of uranium enrichment will be commenced. Pursuant to the decision to build its own light-water reactor, enough success has been made in developing uranium enrichment technology to provide nuclear fuel to allow the experimental procedure.

"Third: An attempted blockade of any kind by the U.S. and its followers will be regarded as an act of war and met with a decisive military response. No mater how hard the U.S.-led hostile forces may try all sorts of isolation and blockade, the DPRK, a proud nuclear power, will not flinch from them. It is the Songun idea-based mode of counter-action for the DPRK to decisively counter 'sanctions' with retaliation and "confrontation" with all-out confrontation."

It just keeps getting better, innit?

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea vowed Saturday to step up its atomic bomb-making program and threatened war if its ships are stopped as part of new U.N. sanctions aimed at punishing the nation for its latest nuclear test.

North Korea's Foreign Ministry also acknowledged for the first time that the country has a uranium enrichment program, and insisted it will never abandon its nuclear ambitions. Uranium and plutonium can be used to make atomic bombs.

The threats, in a statement issued through the official Korean Central News Agency, came a day after the Security Council approved new sanctions aimed at depriving the North of the financing used to build its rogue nuclear program.

The resolution also authorized searches of North Korean ships suspected of transporting illicit ballistic missile and nuclear materials.

The sanctions are "yet another vile product of the U.S.-led offensive of international pressure aimed at undermining ... disarming DPRK and suffocating its economy," the North Korean statement said.

Pyongyang blamed Washington for the nuclear tensions, saying it was "compelled to go nuclear in the face of the U.S. hostile policy and its nuclear threats."

I wonder if retirement will be an option in 2012 after all...

Back