300kph Automatic Organ-donor dispensers

MrBishop

The crotch-rocket
The rice-powered sonic boom
The meat-grinder

vfr800i__first_picture_in_driveway__640_480.jpg

This past weeked, we had 5 motorcycle accidents. Most of them were using crotch-rockets as opposed to cruisers.

In one of the accidents, the driver was estimated at going 250kph (155mph) at the time of impact with a 4X4 going 130kph in the other direction. Combined speed ~380kph (237mph). The helmet kept the head intact though it travelled some 700 meters before coming to a stop. The rest of the body was not intact. 'nuff said?

With a top speed of 300kph (just under the takeoff speed for the Concorde jet) and little or no protection in case of an accident...I'm not understanding why they're even allowed on the market, much less to pretty much any idiot able to pass a license.

Comments?

MrBishop said:
In one of the accidents, the driver was estimated at going 250kph (155mph) at the time of impact with a 4X4 going 130kph in the other direction. Combined speed ~380kph (237mph). The helmet kept the head intact though it travelled some 700 meters before coming to a stop. The rest of the body was not intact. 'nuff said?
Holy shit.:blank:

There is no such thing as a little motorcycle accident. Crotch rocket or cruiser.

PuterTutor said:
There is no such thing as a little motorcycle accident. Crotch rocket or cruiser.

True enough...though you won't catch half as many people on cruisers weaving in and out of traffic or between rows of stopped cars as you do with the rockets.

Some of the shit that I've seen...it's almost like an emergency backup penis. They're under $10k to buy, look slick and are made to exceed the speed limit. You'll also see less people wearing the gear with the rockets than on the cruisers.

What gear, do you mean the helmet?

It is close to impossible to see a thing when you're going FAST on a motorcycle, most use the helmets to be able to see (and breathe) rather than for fear of an accident, but they do wear the helmet.

Luis G said:
What gear, do you mean the helmet?

It is close to impossible to see a thing when you're going FAST on a motorcycle, most use the helmets to be able to see (and breathe) rather than for fear of an accident, but they do wear the helmet.

Leather pants and padded leather jacket, boots and full-face helmet.

The first three will protect you on a skid (to a point) and the last as well, but also good for minor spills against concussions.

Motorcycle mishaps claim five lives
There were three in 30 minutes, then four in four hours, and by yesterday afternoon the Surete du Quebec pegged the casualties from motorcycle accidents at six in less than 24 hours.

The weather was nice and sunny...great day to die. :evilcool:

In a way it's sad that people have to die such senseless deaths because of crotch rockets, but at them same time, most of them were asking for it. I too see them all the time weaving in and out of traffic. These bikes should either be taken off the market or changed in order for them not be able to achieve such crazy speeds.

I prefer cruisers (Indian Chief being my personal fave) but the crotch rockets serve a purpose.

Public:
On the track is obvious-to alleviate the whorish masses wanting death & destruction.

Private:
To keep morgues busy. Hey, the herd has to be thinned somehow.

Gonz said:
I prefer cruisers (Indian Chief being my personal fave) but the crotch rockets serve a purpose.

Public:
On the track is obvious-to alleviate the whorish masses wanting death & destruction.

Private:
To keep morgues busy. Hey, the herd has to be thinned somehow.

I thought that this was what Crack was for :shrug:...and it doesn't mean 400lbs of steel slamming into your vehicle at break-neck speed to do it.

Now's probably not a good time to mention my parent's plans. They are currently in the process of selling everything - house, furniture, cows, everything - to buy a GoldWing (cruiser) and travel. In fact, they are on their way today to SC to pick up the trailer/tent thingie that they'll use to pull behind the bike. Come May 2005 they will set off to Alaska (from TN), Washington, California, Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, and back to TN in or around October 05.

:D

Uki Chick said:
In a way it's sad that people have to die such senseless deaths because of crotch rockets, but at them same time, most of them were asking for it. I too see them all the time weaving in and out of traffic. These bikes should either be taken off the market or changed in order for them not be able to achieve such crazy speeds.

don't agree with that. then you'd have to take those porsches off the market as well, the fast bmw's, the jaguars etc etc...they can exceed the speed limit quite well, too.

it's the guy driving who makes the difference :shrug: i admit that if you drive a fast bike, you easily have the urge to go fast, but the same goes for a fast car. the difference between the people who enjoy this for a long time and those who die, is the time and place.
if you drive head-to-head into a 4x4 while driving 155 mph, you're plain retarded, because you clearly didn't look very well; something i'd definately do at 155 mph.

Rose said:
Now's probably not a good time to mention my parent's plans. They are currently in the process of selling everything - house, furniture, cows, everything - to buy a GoldWing (cruiser) and travel. In fact, they are on their way today to SC to pick up the trailer/tent thingie that they'll use to pull behind the bike. Come May 2005 they will set off to Alaska (from TN), Washington, California, Vegas, Texas, Oklahoma, and back to TN in or around October 05.

:D

i've never seen a couple on a Goldwing with a trailer, fully packed, doing 155 mph ;)

Personally...I'd like a cap on all vehicles (top speed 70mph). It'd save on gas and emissions...and it's perfectly illegal to go that fast anywhere in the Americas.

Why bother having vehicles that go this fast?

Shadowfax said:
don't agree with that. then you'd have to take those porsches off the market as well, the fast bmw's, the jaguars etc etc...they can exceed the speed limit quite well, too.

it's the guy driving who makes the difference :shrug: i admit that if you drive a fast bike, you easily have the urge to go fast, but the same goes for a fast car. the difference between the people who enjoy this for a long time and those who die, is the time and place.
if you drive head-to-head into a 4x4 while driving 155 mph, you're plain retarded, because you clearly didn't look very well; something i'd definately do at 155 mph.

Maybe so but your chances of dying on a bike doing 300KPH are much higher than your chances of dying in a car doing the same...

Bike capabilities should be capped...as should cars...but I think the cap on the speed cars are capable of could be a bit higher.

MrBishop said:
Personally...I'd like a cap on all vehicles (top speed 70mph). It'd save on gas and emissions...and it's perfectly illegal to go that fast anywhere in the Americas.

Wrong. There are states with higher limits in rural areas, and at least one (Montana) had no limit until 1999 (I believe it's now 75).

I'm a little tired of the gov't feeling like they have to protect us from ourselves.

HomeLAN said:
I'm a little tired of the gov't feeling like they have to protect us from ourselves.

I look at it more as the gov't protecting me from the idiot driving behind/in front/beside me

Back