300kph Automatic Organ-donor dispensers

besides that, people would find ways to uncap them anyway. yes, that's illegal..but so is driving 150+ mph.
and what about shipping cars to foreign countries?

some retarded minister found out a few years ago, that a motorcycle coming on the dutch market could do 300 kph. she instantly said it couldn't be sold here, because you weren't allowed to drive that fast.
there was quite some fuzz about it; because people were complaining about fast cars as well. in the end, most people were tired of the government interfering.

they canceled the entire thing in the end :shrug:

Cars sold in here are capped, they won't go beyond 160km/h, unless of course you take it to someone and they change/reprogram some stuff in the car's computer.

They have a policy here that can authorize the use of deadly force when someone is being wreckless with 500lb motorcycle going thru stop-lights at high speeds during a chase. Too much danger to civillians, a bike can kill you if it T-Boness your car doing 80mph.

I don't know that any chase has lasted long enough to actually kill someone, but the authority has been given on several occasions.

Splitting lanes is legal there though. Should be legal everywhere, IMO. As for the high speed Bish, unfortunately they can't sell you judgement with the motorcycle. This certainly doesn't mean they shouldn't sell you the motorcycle. I've had one or another motorcycle that would top 130 mph easily since the late seventies. I've had two street accidents, both at below 50.

from someone who is madly in love with harleys ( :love3: ) let me just say that if you are going to ride a cycle you need to have a level of maturity. you have to respect a cycle for what it is...a tool and you should always use tools safely and respectfully. of course, there will always be accidents but such is life. you protect yourself and act responsibly...and if you choose to drive your cycle like an asshole then you take you life (and unfortunately, other peoples) into your own hands. when i hear of accidents like the one high speed accident that bish mentioned i can't help but think that it's darwin in action (no offense to your recently departed friend, natalie...i'm sure that was not the issue).

Gonz said:
Ahh, warm & wonderful memories.

Two things...

1. A motorcycle is a dangerous vehicle and should be respected as such, no matter how experienced the rider. The danger not only lies with the cyclist, however, as some autombile drivers can't, or won't, see a cyclist even on the best of days (reading, eating, drinking, cellular phones, etc).

2. Speed is dangerous. Speed on 2 wheels is doubly so because there is no 'safety cage' around you...unless you're on a motorcycle tha's fully enclosed...If you don't have at least 4 years riding experience, I'd say stick to 600 cc's or less...

that's all well and good tonks, but my friend died on (well not on, rather after she was flung, her neck snapped) a Hog, riding on the back during a leisurely Sunday drive with her responsible had driven one forever husband.

The same accident in a car would have been nothing...she was flung off a bike which was going the speed limit and she's dead now.

And yes, Bish, that's what they are, just handy-dandy organ donation machines.

*edit - not a Hog, twas an old Valkyrie*

*sigh* :mope:

If you don't have at least 4 years riding experience, I'd say stick to 600 cc's or less...

Even that doesn't work, Gato. Most modern 600cc sportbikes will go 150 right off the showroom floor. In Japan, you have to qualify to ride anything bigger than (I think) a 125. It may be smaller than that. I don't think that would work in the US, but it's a workable idea, IMO.

a variation of my first "motocycle"

taco2201.jpg

I went through moto-x, Harleys, choppers, ex cop bikes....no accidents. Same with cars.

There is only one attitude to have on or in a vehicle. There is no such thing as an accident.

The night before last, me and the BF were first on the scene to a motorcycle accident. He'd swerved to miss a car, smacked into parking sign, the bike flew down the pavement at an insane speed, the rider flipped off the bike, smacked into a car, and somersaulted over another one. And then he got up and started walking away. :eek6: Luckily by this time, a small crowd had gathered, so we managed to restrain him until the ambulance that the BF had rung for had arrived. All I can say is, I'm glad we were on the other side of the road when it happened, or I might have been concrete jam. :eek:

He was on this:

lg3589.jpg

Erm... what's a crotch rocket? *BoP doesn't know shit about bikes*

There is no such thing as an accident.

That's right. I misspoke. I've had two wrecks. One was absolutely avoidable on my part, I reacted wrong. One of Gato's blind drivers backed out in front of me and I expected him to stop when he saw me. Stupid, I understand, but I was still young (17). The other was going over Mingus Mountain, Gonz. I got center punched by a Moto Guzzi headed the other way on a wet road with bald tires. If there would have been ten more feet of run off room, I could have made him miss. Of course he probably would have gone off the edge. Why don't people understand that on a bike or in a car, you go where you're looking. Every time. Gonz is right though. neither of these were "accidents."

Just recently I've noticed big orange signs on US169 proclaiming "Motorcycles Use Extreme Caution". Never saw a sign like that before, now I've seen three on the highway in town.

If one is dumb enough to get on a motorcycle in a country where the automobile reigns supreme & we need laws with names like Distracted Driving one had damned well better be smart enough to keep it on two wheels without signs on the roadway.

*snicker*, I've seen those signs too....big brother looking out

chcr-you'd be amazed at the number of people that don't get or disagree with my no such thing as an accident slogan...well, maybe you wouldn't be.

Alright Gonz- perhaps a bit extreme in my 'limit' for top-speed.

Just a question...who the hell needs to go 150mph+ ?

You need between 10-20mph over the speed limit to pass safely, right?

Perhaps....hmmm... how about a mechanical add-on to a bike for drivers with less than 5 years experience?

Not too sure about how it is in the states. Here...motorcycles licences are tough to get.

There's the course (mandatory), 2 tests, 1 year probation where you have to drive with someone who's had their lic. for over 2 years, another road-test and then you have your license. It's probationary for another year. ZERO tollerance. After that...feel free to kill yourself at your leisure.

Bish said:
Just a question...who the hell needs to go 150mph+ ?

Anybody that wants too....with the understanding that if you crash & burn at that speed we're not responsible to fix humpty dumpty.

Back