A threat to US military from the Dems

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
This is one of the scariest things I've read in awhile;
Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) will chair the powerful Ways and Means Committee if Democrats win control of the House next year, but his main goal in 2007 does not fall within his panel’s jurisdiction.

“I can’t stop this war,” a frustrated Rangel said in a recent interview, reiterating his vow to retire from Congress if Democrats fall short of a majority in the House.

But when pressed on how he could stop the war even if Democrats control the House during the last years of President Bush’s second term, Rangel paused before saying, “You’ve got to be able to pay for the war, don’t you?”

As the chair in Ways & Means, he literally controls the purse stings. Cutting funding to our troops...even threatening it...in a time of war & by a member of Congress should be illegal.

The Hill

Cut funding, Impeach GW & then Cheney (on what grounds?) leaving Nancy Pelosi as President. That's their plans, folks. The word of America would forever by null & void.

Ready for a new revolution? I hope so.

Didn't we already have the same argument, in a different thread, about 500 times?

Gonz: "Keep true to the constitution, libertarian, yay!"
Spike: "Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11"
SNP: "It's ok for muslims to be different, but not Confederates? You yankee son of a bitch."
Prof: "Let's go back to the old concept of personal responsibility and honor"
Altron: "Yea, Prof is right, and I don't like spike"
chcr: "we're all fucked anyway, because the glass is completely empty"

Anyone I miss?

Didn't we already have the same argument, in a different thread, about 500 times?

Never using such a direct threat to our men & women on the ground from what is supposed to be an American member of Congress.

Cut & run. Just like Somalai. Look at my new updated sig...it's just for you.

Cut & run.

That's the new republican cacth phrase, I see you got the memo. Meaningless but cute.

As for your sig. You think the morale of the soldiers is low? Must be because most of them think we should pull out of Iraq but you want to keep them there. You should take their morale into consideration when you ignore their wishes.

Meaningless to whom? An accurate description of long standing (D) foreign policy.

We need a catch phrase for the long standing republican policy of lying to the public. ignoring the will of the US citizens, the soldiers, and the Iraqis. Wasting huge amounts of money, torture, killing massive numbers of civilians, decreasing the safety of the US, breeding more terrorists, etc.

Hard to get all that in one cutesy catch phrase though.

We need a catch phrase for the long standing republican policy of lying to the public. ignoring the will of the US citizens, the soldiers, and the Iraqis. Wasting huge amounts of money, torture, killing massive numbers of civilians, decreasing the safety of the US, breeding more terrorists, etc.

Hard to get all that in one cutesy catch phrase though.

There's already a desription for what you describe...a Liberal.

What was that? I was too busy pissing on a spark plug to read what you said..

Well, you don't constantly spew the same rhetoric, so it's a bit harder to stereotype one of your posts.

Spike, Los Lobos would be in a completely different section than Lords of Acid. Not that it's relevant to my point at all. Not that you've even attempted to address my point. Not that you've done anything other than dig up an old conversation to cover your lack of a decent counterpoint.

You fight a war to win, so why and who are they prosecuting this action, using the lastest termonology. Is this like a police action???? Is this like Korea was a "police action"?

"Can You Spell Vietnam, In Arabic?"

Gonz: "Keep true to the constitution, libertarian, yay!"
Spike: "Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11"
SNP: "It's ok for muslims to be different, but not Confederates? You yankee son of a bitch."
Prof: "Let's go back to the old concept of personal responsibility and honor"
Altron: "Yea, Prof is right, and I don't like spike"
chcr: "we're all fucked anyway, because the glass is completely empty"

Anyone I miss?

You forgot that it's all the liberals' fault. ;)

That would be Charlies buds. FOr that matter, that would describe ole Chuck.

Back